Element Helix MIL

I own both Arken SH4 4-14 and the Element Helix MIL and I would say the Arken just slightly beats it by a small margin in my opinion. They both offer identical features but the Arken is FFP which I prefer, but honestly you cant go wrong with both. They are AWESOME scopes! 
1f44d.svg
1f44d.svg
1f44d.svg

Great choice in scopes that you have!! Lol I'm real excited to hear there pretty similar. I am a big fan of the Arken FFP but do think for the airgun that I'm wanting the SFP for closer ranges. I got shipping info today on it!

Yeah SFP does have that advantage. They both go down to 10 yards on the parallax which is handy. Which ever one you choose , im confident you won't regret it 😁

GO FOR IT. I guess I'll wait then.

Won't take long, got shipping notification from Utah airgun for the Helix but SWFA is taking a while. Should have the Helix in my hands friday or saturday and I can do a side by side with Alpha 6 which I think has great glass. Helix supposedly have all stainless steel internal so will open it up and see, can't wait.

Gotta say not terribly impressed with it. I was expecting the turrets to be amazing but nothing special honestly. Arken and Athlon Midas Tac have them beat by far there. Glass is pretty decent but the center dot is actually quite large on it in the MRAD version I got. Idk quite underwhelmed with it honestly. Comes with a ton of extras though like sunshade, bikini caps, flip open caps and such. But idk I feel like your paying for the extras and the huge box it comes in rather than the scope. 

I'm glad your liking it! Do you have the MRAD or MOA version? The MRAD center dot to me is way too large it takes up a good amount of target size. While the turrets seemed to track well they were alittle mushy and had some slop just moving the turret back and forth without changing the setting. Idk like I said just not the scope for me. Expected alot more.

I'm glad your liking it! Do you have the MRAD or MOA version? The MRAD center dot to me is way too large it takes up a good amount of target size. While the turrets seemed to track well they were alittle mushy and had some slop just moving the turret back and forth without changing the setting. Idk like I said just not the scope for me. Expected alot more.

I have MRAD and the center dot is of good size for me. Main reason I want a SFP scope is for quick close up shots with rabbit hunting so it like that the reticle is very clear and easy to see vs my FFP scopes when at close range I have to guesstimate where the center is. 

The slop took me by surprise also, however I opened the turrets and the internal seems to be of really good quality. The the adjustment turret rings made of stainless steel and over all the clicks are very firm and solid so I basically would use the turret and always a give it a wiggle to the right so Incase the slop makes any indifference at least it’s consistent. This is the first scope for me to have the turret match StrelokPro for more distance targets without messing with BC adjustment so the 2 would sync. I have a vortex DB tac, aim alpha 6, vector veyron and the element is the only that seems to be really spot on. With vortex Going down range I’m always missing high for some reason and AIM I’m always missing low compared to strelok data. So far the element is spot on which I really love! For me hitting the target is priority number 1, everything else can have some compromises. My main reason buying the scope is SFP, turret features and accuracy and I think the Helix so far has delivered quite well. 

1596151294_11885770395f2355fe09d983.72503618.jpeg

I totally agree! Except the turret hardware rumored to be FX in-house produced. So it may not be 100% Chinese.....only time will tell. I’ll try different ammo and speed with different distance targets to see if it stay consistently in sync with strelok. None of my other scopes are close, vortex being the closes and not far Off unlike the AIM Alpha 6 which seems to be quite a bit off, at least mine was. But it could also be me! 

edit: I also need to get better at hold over, clicking simply takes too long in a lot of hunting situations. 

Anybody can click their Chinese scope TO their hearts content, there's nothing stopping them at all. Just that I personally won't trust them after what I had been through thats all. I just stick with JAPAN made turrets for constant clicking as a personal preference since I have a ZERO FAILURE RATE coo king turrets from that country to date. Had I not experienced what I had regarding Chinese turrets (several) I would still be clicking away with ALL of my scopes especially Chinese ones.

Yours is supposed to specifically have better made turrets so you should have some piece of mind. Isn't that what that extra cost was specifically for?

I have the less than half price version of that different branded Athlon and won't even try clicking it. This is a personal decision that's all.