Electronic trigger project, anyone?

bigHUN

Jan 16, 2020
L4G7X4 Canada
I am finishing my one piece rest for BR and all the time tinkering, an electronic remote trigger control would be a great add-on.

I am not an electrical/electronics person, maybe a very basic knowledge as a user.

What solenoid button-pusher would work the best? Small size for a limited space, strong enough to activate the trigger but not an overkill to knock out all the internals from my FX Impact MK2.

If you are just hoping to have a push button trigger a solenoid, you won't need any circuitry. At the most, you will just need a diode biased backward across the solenoid to minimize back EMF from tearing anything up. The mechanics of this will be more intensive than the electronics because you will want to have some kind of cantilever that will minimize the throw of the solenoid and apply more pressure to the trigger with only a few mils of movement. I would look at Pinball Actuators. They have a lot of levers and stuff that would probably be useful and are designed to interface with solenoids.

Just wondering, what is the point? To minimize the amount of human intervention?

Best of luck to you!!

Cheers!

Jonathan

an old trick to make an electronic push button full auto 'air gun' is to use an old car ac solenoid .. the type that goes on the carb, im sure theyre still available .. they have plenty of punch to actuate a trigger .. so you rig it up to mash the trigger when you push the master fire switch and have a disconnect momentary switch at full trigger depression which releases it .. then it resets .. 

If you are just hoping to have a push button trigger a solenoid, you won't need any circuitry. ............The mechanics of this will be more intensive than the electronics because you will want to have some kind of cantilever that will minimize the throw of the solenoid and apply more pressure to the trigger with only a few mils of movement. .....

Just wondering, what is the point? To minimize the amount of human intervention?

Yes, only a push button trigger is what I would like make. Tinkering about mechanics but cannot start without a solenoid. I want to just attach plug-and-play to the MK2 without changing anything on the gun. But the roadblock I am seeing is that I have a "two stage" trigger and I like it how it is working now, the second stage is a bit harder to pull but this what I prefer for BR.

Trying to figure out how thomasair made it?

ThomasAir Rest.1646420202.jpeg

End result is the same. You are keeping the sear and “triggering” it with a switch activated solenoid.

The other way is to eliminate the entire mechanical trigger/sear linkage and power the hammer with a solenoid. I’ve done a couple of them that way.

The sear edge/catch need to be heat treated and grind to a size for the hammer, I have no access to these machine shops anymore, any decent machine shop charging arms and legs.

{Last week I asked around for a thread conversion adapter M14x1.0 to M14x1.25. The same is supplied by FX M14.1 to 1/2-20" tree pieces for each calibre one.

I want this adapter to attach the Leshiy2 black muzzlebreak piece to the FX tuner shroud.

I got a Quote $250 for a single piece on CNC lathe. There are M14x1 thread adapters on ebay from Polland $30/ea but the opposite end is Left hand thread}

The sear edge/catch need to be heat treated and grind to a size for the hammer, I have no access to these machine shops anymore, any decent machine shop charging arms and legs.…

If using the solenoid to activate the hammer release mechanism, the factory sear should work. The hammer is held back by the sear and propelled by a spring.

When doing an electronic hammer (Daystate, Thomas, and my builds) there is no sear to hold back the hammer. The hammer is held back by a spring and is propelled by a solenoid.

Paintball sear tripper solenoid should work. Just tape it into the trigger guard when you want to use it. For semi permanent install you can fabricate a bracket.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Kingman-Spyder-Fenix-Xtra-VS-RS-Gun-Replacement-Solenoid-Coil-Set-vs1-vs2-vs3-/382900449265?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l6249&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Stock-Board-for-Tippmann-A-5-A5-Egrip-E-Grip-Board-with-Noid-Solenoid-/124893206908?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0

You probably need less force. Solder in a smaller capacitor. Lots of info on this type of stuff on google. These particular solenoids are used to trip the sear. If you are tripping the trigger you need less force but more travel. Rc servo will definately work.

Paintball sear tripper solenoid should work....These particular solenoids are used to trip the sear. If you are tripping the trigger you need less force but more travel. ..

This is an interesting shape, judging by the picture only - the size is small (ODxL) and shall/may fit into the trigger opening pocket. I will measure the trigger travel....not convinced yet I want to give up a first stage pull length.