Electric Triggers

Its simple to understand a sear trigger for mechanical airguns and fire arms. Something slides then releases and sets in motion what results in the release of air or fire to propel the projectile.

So with an airgun I imagine a circuit is closed and a motion set into action for air to propel the projectile. There is movement then a circuit is closed. Should there be a point of anticipation or a feel in an electronic trigger. Any pictures or illustrations would be appreciated. I have not the luxury of such insights.

Do you mean like a first and second stage? Those could be created artificially with springs or whatever. In the Daystate Airwolf (ar least a few years ago) the actual trigger is a common microswitch with a lever. 

As far as the actual mechanics of the air release when pulling the trigger, there may be various way that can be accomplished. Can be a solenoid valve that stays open for a predetermined amounted time. Or can be a solenoid plunger that slams on the hammer and knocks it open. You can also (in a convoluted way) knock a trigger-linkage off its trigger-sear with a solenoid-plunger connected to a microswitch that you close with the trigger.

Electronic triggers also provide superior air efficiency. I am surprised FX does not use them yet.

https://daystate.com/lock_time/

Having both, electronic and mechanical triggered rifles, yes, the electronic trigger outdoes all of my mechanical triggers, feel and action wise.

Most of the triggers in my full mechanical guns are well engineered, and work well. When adjusted properly, have no "slop" in the system. Some of the video reviewers that put them down, apparently either don't have a clue, or are just against mechanical linkage for their own personal reasons...OR both. Which is NOT a reason to put them down to the viewers.

A couple of YouTube reviewers, have even made the comment about the bullpup linkage "bending" when pulling the trigger. Well...in todays world, when a piece of material is in "tension", which all of the mechanical triggered rifles (that I've seen), CANNOT...bend...! Simple physical fact. It's impossible for the linkage, while in tension to...bend, while in a straight pull. IF...enough pressure is put upon the linkage bar, it will stretch slightly (before breaking), but if this were the case, it would take MUCH more strength than ANYONE has in their hands/fingers working on the parts in todays trigger assemblies..!

I'd make the assumption (yeah, I said it), that many just aren't interested or willing to go with the electronic trigger in an otherwise, mechanical gun. Me...I don't care. As long as it works well, the system could be made of zip-ties, it doesn't matter..!

Mike