• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Electric game callers - Which one to buy

I'm interested in an electronic game caller. I really don't need one with all the fancy stuff. Some of these come with many, many different sounds which I don't need.

I'm looking for one with remote control that would work well at 100 yard distance.

I read about all the different ones on the market and some of the reviews and just don't know which way to go. Never used one before and don't know anyone that has one.

Reactions: Ted
I've got several, but the FoxPro Wildfire and the Primos alpha dog are my favorites. The Foxpro has a huge dictionary of sounds and many more can be downloaded and the sounds are very pure. The alpha dog has some great sequences and a lot of volume. Both have worked well fo me on coyote, bobcat, fox, raccoon, and crows..... but I think overall if I was only goibng to buy one it would be the FoxPro.

Reactions: Ted
 For my money and experience, I will buy the FoxPro every time. I am not a pro by any means and my experience until just recently has always been centerfire rifles, not air guns. The customer service for me has always been outstanding, the issues in question were from operator error and not the quality of the product. I have two different models with the cheaper Wildfire2 being my favorite due to the ease of portability over the larger model. The sound selection is awesome, with new sounds and combinations being added often. Anyone familiar with ITunes and downloading songs to your phone will be able to stumble through the purchasing and downloading of sounds to the call. The call itself is very crisp and clear, with out the synthesized sound you can sometimes get from the cheaper calls. Anyone spending time in the field will tell you this matters to the wiser predators out there. Also, the volume for it's size is shocking. Do not make the mistake of turning on the call at full volume while holding it in your hand. Yours ears will be ringing for quite a while, experience talking. The call also has the ability to add and control a decoy, from the original unit. Many nice features that have been upgraded. Anyhow, I have begun to ramble now. Just the honest opinion of a Va fieldstalker. Best of Luck!

After posting this and doing all sorts of searching, I bought a disk off ebay that contained 4 different calls. I put the calls on my iphone and ran it through a small amp a neighbor has. We were able to call crows into his backyard. I went to an area close to the house and tried it again and the crows came in. I plan on using it in the field hopefully this weekend.