• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Electric BB gun

Thanks I gave it a try , I didn't have any silicone spray so I used a shot of Ballistol , Just thinking silicone metal to metal is not good,
I was about ready to send the gun back , But thinking I will just buy another magazine and moan and grip loading them and then have fun shooting 100 BBs.
The Barra is a cool play gun,
Mike

Reactions: ThomasT
Can the 400e take 4s lipos to increase velocity? Or does it not even power on when too much voltage is plugged in?
Alawsin,

Although I don’t own this particular gun, I assume it works like a typical electric airsoft gun. That is, the BB is propelled by a spring driven piston (basically a mini version of a springer pellet rifle). The battery operates a gearbox that cocks the spring piston after every shot making it automatic.

My best guess to increase the velocity would be changing out the mainspring for a stronger one.

Reactions: Alawsin
I would like to have a 800 FPS electric BB gun, But I am sure its not going to happen,
I will let someone else go down that rabbit hole, I really wanted a Russian BB gun but it seems every time I was going to buy one something came up, Last time the guy didn't take PP wanted a check, LOL I don't think so.
Get a DRODZ BLACKBIRD w/ a sergy board & hpa 2000 rpm no problem HTH

OK, whose gonna be first to figure out how to get "more" out of it? Higher voltage maybe?

Chris
If this is like airsoft the gearbox is probably designed for this fps. If like airsoft yes you could put a stronger spring in but it would break the gearbox quicker(they crack in the front). Yes you could do higher voltage but unless the wireing harness can handle it and wether or not it has a mosfet you could just melt wires or blow fuses. I have tons of airsoft guns and this does look intrigueing. The co2 autos off the bat were a no go just from how quickly co2 drops pressure on semi auto. The full autos are a novelty at best. But if this gun is based off airsoft gearboxes all be it i would hope a much stronger gear box to handle a spring pushing a 5 gram bb at speed instead of like a airsoft gearbox that is designed to push a .20 gram bb at 400fps then this would be impressive. Now my main question to the producer would be how many shots (100k?) before gearbox failure. If this int designed to do 100k or more then again this is a novelty at best. Airsoft gearboxes fail on so many levels pushing .20 gram bbs and sell for the same price as this for a mid range gun i find it hard to believe on any level that this gun is capable of holding up long. If they did indeed build a gun capable of shooting 5gram bbs to 100k+ t hen they would EASILY be able to completly take over the airsoft market. Airsoft fleeces people but i just dont see this gun holding up to the hype at this price point considering the market although in all reality it should be able to. Ill be watching closely

Maybe I missed it, but what (other than the trivial *fun* usage) is an airgun like this good for?

Yeah, I understand the *fun* factor, but what is it good for otherwise?

I'd rather buy a Bug-A-Salt as it actually has a useful purpose, but is also WAY over priced like these BB guns.

JMHO... if you have the money to *deposit* on "machine gun" BB guns that have no other use than spending your money as fast as possible... GO FOR IT! (shoulder shrug)

On another note, if YOU simply want to waste your money that fast, PM me and I will give you my bank account number where you can *deposit* as much money as you like... as often as you like... for as long as you like! (chuckle)

You may not get quite as much fun out of it, but I certainly will!

JMHO-YMMV (chuckle)

If this is your thing, and you can afford to throw money at it, well...

A fool and his money are soon parted. I forget whom I am quoting...

Last edited:
Well I really wanted a Black bird , Kept sliping through my fingers at 500 bucks with a lot more to spend to get it up to speed, The electric Barra came around and I jumped on it and almost sent it back with the piss poor speed loader , Then I was told to put a little shot of lube in the speed loader made a big difference , Even I took a steep back with a 400 dollars BB gun plus you got to buy the battery's and the chargers , And somehow I ended up with three battery's and two chargers ,Dam. I am relearning my point and shoot with no sights , I could do this with my Red Ryder but the Barra is a lot more fun,,
Mike

The Barra has got me wanting a full auto Pellet gun,, The reason is I have open sites on my Barra I keep it on full auto and hang a couple of cans on string at 30 yards, I swing the gun up and quick pull of the trigger and the can has one to four holes in it, I have gotten better with practice , Of course the Sidewinder 22 will have a scope, Be cool to put a couple pellets in a pest,,, Now I just do a quick pull of the trigger on the Barra I do not hold the trigger down..
Mike