• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!
  • The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

EFT rules clarification

I swear this is not one of my typical "crap stirring" rules posts, I'm just trying to get a rules clarification.

So knee pads are not allowed in EFT? I was told second-hand this weekend that if they aren't in the rules they are not allowed. The reason I ask is because I like to use a thin volleyball style knee pad to keep my sweaty elbow from slipping off of my sweaty knee.

I assume since sweat bands are not in the rules, they are not legal either?

Hopefully my next EFT shoot will be long pants weather, so this will be more of a next summer question.

I've only been shooting EFT at one location in Texas, but if I were to travel I would like to know what the rules are elsewhere.

Hmm. One of the guys I was shooting with on Saturday was told that he couldn't use knee pads. Hence I'm trying to get a clarification.

I swear this is not one of my typical "crap stirring" rules posts, I'm just trying to get a rules clarification.

So knee pads are not allowed in EFT? I was told second-hand this weekend that if they aren't in the rules they are not allowed. The reason I ask is because I like to use a thin volleyball style knee pad to keep my sweaty elbow from slipping off of my sweaty knee.

I assume since sweat bands are not in the rules, they are not legal either?

Hopefully my next EFT shoot will be long pants weather, so this will be more of a next summer question.

I've only been shooting EFT at one location in Texas, but if I were to travel I would like to know what the rules are.
Scott, come on up to the OKC club and shoot their next EFT. You can wear knee pads, or a whole uniform with you name and number on the back for that matter.
I’ll vouch for ya.
And FWIW.. I’ve used knee pads in AAFTA matches before. Haven’t seen where I can’t.

I thought he got rid of that uniform after his escape.
I don't use a knee pad but I've seen plenty of them used - I ran into a similar situation about someone telling me I couldn't adjust my scope down to a lower power during a match - said I would be disqualified if I touched ANY setting on my scope, I wanted to say - oh your disqualified you just changed your parallax.

I don't use a knee pad but I've seen plenty of them used - I ran into a similar situation about someone telling me I couldn't adjust my scope down to a lower power during a match - said I would be disqualified if I touched ANY setting on my scope, I wanted to say - oh your disqualified you just changed your parallax.
Billy, you needed to straight up suplex that Cajun dude!! Tell him, “let me show you my gumbo recipe baby!” Grab and hit the move!
IMG_1347.jpeg

To be clear, 2 inch thick knee pads are definitely ok for AAFTA, which is why I assumed they would be ok for EFT. I'm thinking my shooting partner got some bad info.

Although a DQ would have been kinder than the score I shot on Saturday. I could have been covered in knee pads head to toe and it wouldn't have helped. 30 fpe is just not extreme enough.

To be clear, 2 inch thick knee pads are definitely ok for AAFTA, which is why I assumed they would be ok for EFT. I'm thinking my shooting partner got some bad info.

Although a DQ would have been kinder than the score I shot on Saturday. I could have been covered in knee pads head to toe and it wouldn't have helped. 30 fpe is just not extreme enough.
You just need a proper EFT rig. That’s it‼️

And now that I know who Bill_D is in real life, all I can say is "it's on like donkey Kong"! I'm actually a little shocked that I never put 2 and 2 together, but math isn't my strong suit.

Reactions: Bill_D
Scott, come on up to the OKC club and shoot their next EFT. You can wear knee pads, or a whole uniform with you name and number on the back for that matter.
I’ll vouch for ya.
And FWIW.. I’ve used knee pads in AAFTA matches before. Haven’t seen where I can’t.
So.
If a Supreme Court justice and a former POTUS showed up in Leavenworth, KS they would be allowed to wear a uniform with a number on its back even though it is not mentioned in The Constitution
Just my too scents

Reactions: Bill_D

Yes, they are allowed. Obviously not a 14 inch mega bag that the NRL22 shooters use. 😉 2” thickness is reasonable…

The only rules I’ve seen violated are the no “hog saddles” rule but even then the shooters weren’t disqualified. Forced position lanes are not required. But if used it must be standing with bipod. The EFT GP event in Oregon the end of April had no forced position lanes.

The link above that Derrick posted was written by me…. Any further questions ask away.

The bottom line is that it is left up to MDs to make their rules “as close as possible” to the EBR EFT rules.

And just for you @scotton, no kneeling lanes! 😂

Edit: The only rule I've seen MDs use that isn't a part of the EBR EFT is attached bipods. Most MDs running EFT GP events do not allow them. The EFT event at EBR does.

Last edited:
Reactions: drsquall
Hog saddles?
Hog saddle.jpg

They effectively turn an "unattached" bipod into an "attached" bipod... The 2023 EFT GP rules state a 2 inch from front to back maximum, the 2024 rules will specify 1.5 inches.

The intent is a V yoke or U yoke similar to these at the top of your "sticks"...

V yoke.jpg

U yoke.jpg

Last edited: