• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

Events EFT Leesburg Fl

EFT

Good afternoon EFT shooters!

The competition is coming soon, December 1-2 (Friday+Saturday) and so I wanted to touch base with each of you that are competing and give you a little road map for the shoot.

THURSDAY SETUP (for those wanting to help/hangout)

•Please call me (Tristan) to get on the list for helping setup this event. My phone number is 904 649 0270. We already have a few of you that have asked to help but the faster we have it completed the smoother Friday and Saturday will go.

WHAT SHOULD YOU BRING?

•Bring your air tanks filled if you have them. We will have air for those traveling by plane, but too much air is never a problem so please bring it if you have it.

•Sweaters/Jackets (it can get cold in December contrary to popular opinion)

•Camping Chairs/Seats etc.

•Your equipment like a bipod. We will have some of these available but please bring what you have).

•Sunscreen/Hats are recommended

SCHEDULE

•Thursday

-Afternoon TBD Setup (for those that want to help)!

•Friday

-CHECK-IN (shooters and spectators must sign waiver). Spectators please bring $10 cash to be collected for range).

-9am Match begins.

-Donuts, sandwich platters, Coke, Sprite, and water provided for lunch.
-5pm Match ends (range closes).

* Optional casual get together and the Hurricane Dockside Grill after the Friday shoot to hangout. This is not comped and is just an optional get together for people to make friends or catch up with old ones.

Saturday

-9am Match begins.

-Donuts, sandwich platters, Coke, Sprite, and water provided for lunch.

-Awards presented (
-5pm Match ends (range closes).

WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW

This shoot is complying with the standards setup by www.extremefieldtarget.com. The most important thing is that this is a PELLET ONLY EVENT. PLEASE read all of the rules on www.extremefieldtarget.com.

GENERAL RULES will comply with the Extreme Field Target standards set on www.extremefieldtarget.com. Some but not all of these rules are reproduced here:

100 FPE limit [.30 cal]

No tripods

No rear rests may be used

Leagues/clubs will allow unattached bipods and shooting sticks. NOTE: HOG SADDLES (such as the BOG Deathgrip) longer than 2 inches are not allowed, and bipods must be limited to 2 inches from front to back. Examples of allowed bipods are: Primos Trigger Stick or Vanguard Scout. Similar others are at the MD’s discretion.

Pellets only (no bullets/slugs)

Scope magnification maximum of 32x (your scope CAN have a higher magnification, but the power used must be 32x or less). Clubs may set their own maximum scope magnification.

Scoring will be done by league/club staff [or by assigned squad shooters].

No challenging of targets or scoring by league/club staff.

A single seat may be used, i.e., bucket, chair, stool, bum bag, or cushion.

No chairs with backs or arm rests are allowed.

No shooting jackets, harnesses, slings, etc. are allowed.

When you say “match starts at 9am”, that means sight in starts, correct?
Usually the matches have a sight in period, then shooters meeting, grouping is done (who you are shooting with), and then the actual match begins.
Match starts at 9 and I have no knowledge of a site in stated in the invite

Good luck to all EFT participants competing at this event today.
Day one - great event - challenging shooting out to 100 yards especially if you’ve never shot past 60ish.

Kudos to Tristan of Atlas Airguns for putting this together and kudos to AOA for helping make this happen!!!

Great weather 60-80 degrees, mild winds 3-8 mph and super people. If you have never participated in an organized EFT or FT event you’re missing out.

Day 1 standings and scores. Max 40.

IMG_1720.jpeg

The .25 Delta Wolf I shot today.

IMG_1721.jpeg

More photos from Day 1 (Friday 12/02/23) @ the EFT Grand Prix event in Leesburg, Florida (Courtesy of Tristan)

Here you go @willy

Screenshot 2023-12-01 at 10.05.23 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-12-01 at 10.05.52 PM.png

IMG_20231201_111256328.jpg

Y'all should recognize this fella.
IMG_20231201_111645298.jpg

IMG_20231201_114438519.jpg

IMG_20231201_115327839.jpg

IMG_20231201_120243718.jpg

IMG_20231201_122726689.jpg

The gathering and meal was done after the first day of competition to allow competitors and members of the airgun community to socialize before folks began heading home. To my understanding there was about a 50% turnout among competitors.
IMG_20231201_183158145.jpg

IMG_20231201_183210218.jpg

Big shout out to AOA for sponsorship and support of the event and to help promot the expansion of EFT competition east of the Mississippi River. I saw the AOA trailer before it crossed the Mississipi. Some of their staff drove a couple thousand miles bringing targets and to support this event. Day 2 of competition tomorrow followed by the awards ceremony where cash prizes will be presented to the winners. Good luck to tomorrow's competitors.