Effective Range of Daisy Powerline 880

Hi all! I'm new to the forum. I've had my Daisy Powerline 880 for about 5 or 6 years now. I've always tried to push its accuracy as much as I could. Lately I've started to feel like maybe I have a misconception of it's effective range. I used the term 'effective range" loosely. What I mean by that term is being able to basically hit a quarter. At 10 pumps with cheap crosman 7.4grain pellets I can barely to hit a box of Altoids at 25yrds. Is this a result of me, or the gun?

In addition, I shoot with bbs as well. I know it's vague and doesn't make much sense, but if someone could just sum up the accuracy and effective range of this rifle with bbs and pellets that would be great.

Thanks!

Don't shoot BBs! They will trash your barrel and are not accurate as they are a very loose fit. See that your barrel is cleaned now and again. Use only pellets and like stated in the above post try various fodder till you find one that shoots well.

The barrel could already be done. Steel BB's usually don't mix with soft airgun barrels very well.

OP....If your barrel was in good shape, and sorry to say I doubt it is....you need to try different flavors of pellets.....find the food your gun likes.....still might be worth a try.

I know my 2100's can reach out to 50 yards and still be playing card accurate.

I will pick up some more varieties of pellets, Thank you! Is it alright if I use the Gamo ones? They say its for high velocity air rifles but mine maxes out at 700fps. Also, it doesn't matter but I'm using iron sights (actually it might because my eye sight is awful for being 19 years old). Recently since I ran out of the Daisy zinc bbs I've been using really old and rusted copperheads which I'm sure have destroyed my barrel as well.