eesh, 50 bucks for a bolt. :(

Still juggling which rifles to sell/keep, and moved the KOI suppressor to the R9 today.

Needed an adapter, couldn't find one "cheap", so paid 50+ bucks from DonnyFL. Damn thing better be made of vibranium!

I hope it's quieter, 'cause all I've done so far is make it uglier...

r9withkoiadapted2021a.1624067653.jpg

well, that turned out to be a "bust".

shots all over the place. remove it, all good.

took the koi apart a bit to make sure no clipping. looks good. gun just doesn't seem to like it.

i'm just all loser this year. so many things airgun i've bought turned out to be disappointing.

sometimes just wants me to say "screw it" and sell all this crap and take up golf.

im not a pro with ldc's,have my first coming in the mail this week,,,so no clipping 'that's good ,just for giggles have you tried supporting the bbl by putting a bag under it,,maybe a homemade bbl weight out of washers or rubber grommets ,,it may look worse ,but if you can identify the problem .you can then find a way to make it representative again pat

i figure if it shoots fine just removing the suppressor, the bag's probably not it.

i'll work on it later. already frustrated with the R9, might return/sell it, so not really inclined to put more effort into the project.

perhaps i'll try it on the Diana 34. or put it back on the Parrus and keep that one. or pair the KOI with the 16mm adapter and sell that set.

i don't know yet, i'm still torn in a lot of directions.

i'd really like to "settle down" on a couple that I really love and be done with the hunt.

That is quite a bit of muzzle weight. Strip all that mess of the rifle and get it shooting first. After that bit is worked out you can start hanging stuff out there on the end of that great long lever.

Is that a shot glass sitting beside the rifle? If so ... That can be a source of inconsistency so can stimulants like coffee.

How does that adapter mount to the muzzle brake? I haven't seen one like that, probably behind the times lol

I think that rest is causing most of your troubles if you shoot resting directly on it like that. Adding the weight up front moves the balance point forward as well. Try the rest right at wherever the balance point is, with something soft and slick between the stock and rest. If it ain't clipping, it's gotta be how it's held if adding the moderator is all that changed. A good smooth 12ish fpe tune with light pellets would help with that.

If you always shoot from a bench, a FWB300 would be the ticket for you if you are just after targets and little critters. They do real well from a bench. As do PCPs, but we all know they can be pretty pricey. I'm not sure of your other guns, you may already own all of that so disregard if so!

The R9 is a nice gun. If it's just not suited for your uses or not working for you move it along. Life is too short to be frustrated man! 

shoots fine without the suppressor. :( How I'm holding is fine when shooting.

frankplinkingumarexforge001.1624123884.jpg

Even leaves me with a free hand for the beer! :)

Good luck finding a FW300. Not that I'm particularly interested in something that old, I wouldn't mind one in the collection.

Yeah, I'm not sure I want to take a beating on returning the R9, so I've decided to list it locally. If anyone's in the Portland Oregon area, this is your chance to PM me before everyone else sees it. :) I figure $400 is fair for the R9. Man, what a disappointment that was. I guess I got all wrapped up into how much folks bragged about it.

Anyway, the suppression was minimal anyway, not the 10dB difference I noticed with the Walther Parrus. Not worth the effort to figure out, so I've moved on.

"LDC". just looked that up. how goofy and funny. not sure who it's suppose to fool tho'.

well, that turned out to be a "bust".

shots all over the place. remove it, all good.

took the koi apart a bit to make sure no clipping. looks good. gun just doesn't seem to like it.

i'm just all loser this year. so many things airgun i've bought turned out to be disappointing.

sometimes just wants me to say "screw it" and sell all this crap and take up golf.

Be careful with golf

You could lose your balls

It is called "harmonics" vibrations in the barrel from a shot being fired. Can cause accuracy problems in some guns. By adding weight to the barrel end it changed the harmonics, sometimes you need to experiment with weight to find the perfect balance for accuracy. My first thought would be the barrel not locking in the proper position with the added weight. Many years back, I built a custom R1 in .22 cal for hunting. Added a sound moderator and accuracy failed, like you, removed the moderator and accuracy returned. After much experimenting, I sawed 3" off the barrel, recrowned, and put moderator back on, accuracy was better than ever!!! It doesnt take much to mess up accuracy on a springer, but, that is all I shoot...