• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.
I've been into air powered guns for almost/about/close to three years.
My first pellet gun...was an Edgun, Lelya 2, in .22 caliber. Still have it today. Shoots well, have had no problems with it, still holds air with the original o-rings.
All that said, sure there's going to be people with problem guns. You sell more than one...of ANYTHING...and there will be problems.

You didn't mention...WHAT you are looking to buy...! Below is good for the Matador (all lengths), and the Lelya 2. I have no experience with the Leshiy 2 .

The only oddity to me is the non-mechanically aided cocking lever. This makes the lever a little tougher to cock than most all other guns used. All of the latest, full size rifle models have the same cocking mechanism. The Matador (all lengths), the Lelya 2. Short little tabs that you need to both pull and push with authority. NO...wimpy fingers !
Other than that...I don't think that there is another rifle that the designer (Ed) will run over one of his guns, twice with his full sized pickup, then pick it up, cock it and shoot it. The barrel is "fully" supported by the guns frame. There are a couple other guns that have gone through some heavy duty torture testing and survived. But none that I can think of have the barrel "fully" inclosed in the guns frame. The new Ghost is close, but...

Does it have a Olympic Target trigger, no. But as triggers go today, it's not bad at all, and is adjustable.
The power level is also adjustable. They have a basic suppressor system, that particular to the design, (all of them do !). But, they are pretty quiet. Plus they have an additional, read that, longer suppressor that you can buy that makes the report out of the barrel pretty quiet.
The magazines (NOT, clips as some call them), are nicely done. Just a disc with holes for the pellets/slugs. No doors, no springs to break. That's a very good thing.

I'd say, yeah, go for it. Especially a new one. A used one...you're on your own, unless you know the owner.
Note - Brian, the west coast dealer, can be a nice guy, and just as easily be a pain in the rear...so there is...that !

Let us know what you do, pictures help !

Mike

Last edited:
I don't have an encyclopedic knowledge of airguns, but I bought an Edgun Leshiy 2 shortly after they came out. I love it. I use it almost entirely for pesting, and as an affordable gateway gun to get my son used to shooting. Other than that, my experiences with airguns have been various Crosman, Benjamin springers and multi-pumps.

I've seen some people have some smallish looking issues with the Leshiy 2 and that weird thread with what appears to be catastrophic damage ,likely due to corrosion. But my experiences have been excellent.

Worst part with them. Is when you HAVE TO deal with Brian. As I don't believe they have another source.
You don't have to deal with anyone if you work on your guns yourself. There is another source of Edgun parts and accessories in Spain and they ship to the US. I cross shop between Edgun West and edgun.shop when I need something...

Last edited:
Reactions: woogie_man
I've been into air powered guns for almost/about/close to three years.
My first pellet gun...was an Edgun, Lelya 2, in .22 caliber. Still have it today. Shoots well, have had no problems with it, still holds air with the original o-rings.
All that said, sure there's going to be people with problem guns. You sell more than one...of ANYTHING...and there will be problems.

You didn't mention...WHAT you are looking to buy...! Below is good for the Matador (all lengths), and the Lelya 2. I have no experience with the Leshiy 2 .

The only oddity to me is the non-mechanically aided cocking lever. This makes the lever a little tougher to cock than most all other guns used. All of the latest, full size rifle models have the same cocking mechanism. The Matador (all lengths), the Lelya 2. Short little tabs that you need to both pull and push with authority. NO...wimpy fingers !
Other than that...I don't think that there is another rifle that the designer (Ed) will run over one of his guns, twice with his full sized pickup, then pick it up, cock it and shoot it. The barrel is "fully" supported by the guns frame. There are a couple other guns that have gone through some heavy duty torture testing and survived. But none that I can think of have the barrel "fully" inclosed in the guns frame. The new Ghost is close, but...

Does it have a Olympic Target trigger, no. But as triggers go today, it's not bad at all, and is adjustable.
The power level is also adjustable. They have a basic suppressor system, that particular to the design, (all of them do !). But, they are pretty quiet. Plus they have an additional, read that, longer suppressor that you can buy that makes the report out of the barrel pretty quiet.
The magazines (NOT, clips as some call them), are nicely done. Just a disc with holes for the pellets/slugs. No doors, no springs to break. That's a very good thing.

I'd say, yeah, go for it. Especially a new one. A used one...you're on your own, unless you know the owner.
Note - Brian, the west coast dealer, can be a nice guy, and just as easily be a pain in the rear...so there is...that !

Let us know what you do, pictures help !

Mike
Just for the sake of science, in the PB world, if it has a spring, it's a magazine. If it doesn't have a spring, it's a clip. If there's no spring in the Edgun system, wouldn't it be a clip?

Just for the sake of science, in the PB world, if it has a spring, it's a magazine. If it doesn't have a spring, it's a clip. If there's no spring in the Edgun system, wouldn't it be a clip?
In the L2, not only it does not have a spring, it also does not feed ammo to the barrel at all, you shoot directly from it. I guess it's technically a cylinder, like in a revolver :)

The Lelya, Leshiy, and now the Leshiy 2, have camped out near the top of my short list for many years now. I've been quite close to purchasing an L2 recently, but the occasional accuracy complaints have kept me from doing so. It's a fairly considerable investment, and I already know that if any gun can't consistently hit dimes at 30yds without heavy modifications (which is a quite reasonable metric for airgun accuracy these days), then I won't be happy with it and it will be rejected.

As an aside, I was a bit surprised by an above comment referring to the L2 as "affordable" :oops:

I think the L2s currently start at around $2300 now, if I recall. While that's not the absolute most expensive, I'd say it's still in the 1 percentile of most expensive for a stock COTS gun, and since it is so small, it is likely the most expensive airgun by weight if you think of it like buying meat at the grocery store :p

The Lelya, Leshiy, and now the Leshiy 2, have camped out near the top of my short list for many years now. I've been quite close to purchasing an L2 recently, but the occasional accuracy complaints have kept me from doing so. It's a fairly considerable investment, and I already know that if any gun can't consistently hit dimes at 30yds without heavy modifications (which is a quite reasonable metric for airgun accuracy these days), then I won't be happy with it and it will be rejected.

As an aside, I was a bit surprised by an above comment referring to the L2 as "affordable" :oops:

I think the L2s currently start at around $2300 now, if I recall. While that's not the absolute most expensive, I'd say it's still in the 1 percentile of most expensive for a stock COTS gun, and since it is so small, it is likely the most expensive airgun by weight if you think of it like buying meat at the grocery store :p
yessir... phrases like "this L2 is affordable..." is one of the things that make me really regret going down this road. truth is, I got into these guns to SAVE money by practicing a few shooters disciplines without going to the range and losing $1 every time I pull the trigger. Unfortunately, it's the most fun I've ever had with something that goes 'pew pew'.

No regrets, but these dang things are pricey.

You don't have to deal with anyone if you work on your guns yourself. There is another source of Edgun parts and accessories in Spain and they ship to the US. I cross shop between Edgun West and edgun.shop when I need something...
Working on them is not the issue, getting parts and dealing with that ass hat IS !

Reactions: SHOMER