Edgun West now Carries Steiner Optics

I have often wondered what constitutes a good "airgun scope"; I suppose some think it hinges upon the 10m parallax feature. While I do not discount this as a factor for some, for most long-range airgunners, this is a non-sequitur. With most scopes, a 10M parallax causes a decreased depth of field at longer ranges. I tend to choose airgun scopes based on need; if I want to shoot critters at sub-20 yards, I will select an optic with very little magnification and parallax. In the case of Steiner or other long-range optics, however, the image quality, the actual 2.9x magnification, and the simple, tremendous holdover potential of the offered reticles will supersede any 10-yard parallax requirement. At 2.9x, parallax error is at worst minimal and often negligible inside 20 yards. 2.9x can be used in close-range situations with the parallax knob set at 50m.

Once you look through a Steiner, you'll know you have not made a compromise. The lifetime warranty, durability, and features demand a price that not everyone is comfortable with; your arsenal may come and go, but a quality scope is like buying a good saddle: you can always put it on a new horse. Should you find yourself in Southern California, come by and check out our optics -- I think you'll enjoy the experience.

Brian

I have two different Steiner sights. Unfortunately, neither seem to be carried by Edgun at this point.

Two prism and two red dot sights. In my humble opinion, excellent sights all four of the ones that I have.

Red dot - https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1020858849?pid=405119

Prism - https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1022378072?pid=395868

Both with excellent optics, clear crisp reticles, even for us that wear spectacles. The red dot is designed so that while looking at the dot / target, you see little to no, sight body. Nothing to hamper the visual around the sight, with both eyes open. The prism sights are very similar. The glass is very clear, the reticle is also very clear.

I'd say that you pretty much get what you pay for here.

Mike