EDGUN USA Youtuber has reached a new low...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't going to reply to this post, but my hand accidentally pressed on the laptop scroll pad and the cursor happened to be over the like control. It shows me as liking the original post, which is 100% opposite of what I think. @Moderator2 could you please remove that like from my on the original post, just an accidental brush of the mouse pad when the cursor happened to be in the exact wrong spot.

You would have to be aware of and understand what feral cats are doing to the native wildlife in Australia.
Google or whatever you search with, feral cats Australia. You should gain an understanding of why feral cats are given no quarter there.

I a no fan of shooting kitty cats for no reason. My wife and I manage a ranch that is primarily an upland bird hunting operation with no planted birds. I can tell you that feral cats are shot on sight. No exceptions.
I watched a cat one winter stalk down a cover strip, then jumped into the cover. The weeds and grain plants swayed for a few seconds and then puss came out of the cover with a rooster pheasant in his mouth.
I assumed the rooster had been injured earlier in the hunting season. I dispatched the cat and out of curiosity took the rooster back to the main house and skinned it to see what pre-existing injury it had that allowed the cat to kill it.
The only marks on that rooster were what the cat had inflicted. I would have never suspected cats killing full grown wild rooster pheasants. But they do.
Thankfully I have not had to shoot a feral cat in a few years. The coyotes find them delicious and take care of them for me.
I'm more than aware of the feral issues in Australia, have a couple Army buddies that married Aussie women and live there.

I have no problems with the removal of feral cats, but do have issues with those that try and glorify it, and those like what the OP posted about, as the YT individual used the picture choice to drive up views.

Everywhere and everyone situation is different, but no matter what type of pest, it's a life deserving a quick dispatch and a little sense of humanity even if you're just leaving the now lifeless carcass for nature to do it's thing.
That's one reason why I don't make videos or really even take pictures of the pest stuff I take out anymore.

Right now I'm gearing up for a major pig issue, it's the largest pest problem I have ever faced + a quarry that is going to be my biggest challenge to date.
Now I am going to shoot a bunch of videos with me dispatching trapped pigs at close range?
Now if I were hunting, it's one thing but just showing close range death shots is kind of weird disturbing to me.

For a while I was worried I might have to do some kitten pest control, myself. Local cats were going after my chickens. But thankfully, my chickens are tough-enough to beat up all the local cats. They similarly beat-up the local bald eagles. Right now they're only vulnerable to raccoons, otters and wolves (we don't appear to have any foxes in the area).

It appears the video is gone. Can't find an active link. :(

I wasn't going to reply to this post, but my hand accidentally pressed on the laptop scroll pad and the cursor happened to be over the like control. It shows me as liking the original post, which is 100% opposite of what I think. @Moderator2 could you please remove that like from my on the original post, just an accidental brush of the mouse pad when the cursor happened to be in the exact wrong spot.
You can click on it again and it will go away.

The original YouTube video was posted ion April 1st. The op of the thread has a personal issue with the owner of EdGun West. Thus the personal attacks on a reviewer that he doesn't like, and makes no qualms about letting people know this.

The op really was Rick Rolled by getting all pissy over an April fools joke. 😆

thanks Kay, I see that you had contact with him before and it did not go well,, I makes me wonder what his version of the story is,,, and why you guys were having a conversation to begin with, and now you got a wheel chair bound friend blended into the story, to gain more sympathy on your behalf.

Last edited by a moderator:
For a while I was worried I might have to do some kitten pest control, myself. Local cats were going after my chickens. But thankfully, my chickens are tough-enough to beat up all the local cats. They similarly beat-up the local bald eagles. Right now they're only vulnerable to raccoons, otters and wolves (we don't appear to have any foxes in the area).

It appears the video is gone. Can't find an active link. :(
active link

Status
Not open for further replies.