• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Edgun spirit

Hi , I' ve a question which could seem a bit strange , but here it is . I would like to buy an Edgun , not for the performance ,but just to own a gun made by a guy I respect for his talent , high quality product , inventive mind ...Ed Gafarov.

Now my question : which gun , in your opinion , would be the best to describe the spirit of Ed : Lelya , Matador R3M , R5M , Leshyi , Morana ....?

Thanks

The Leshiy Classic in standard trim with 250mm barrel is Ed finest moment IMHO, there is nothing like it in the world of air guns, size, weight, power, cuteness factor, nothing comes close, it comes from Russia with love build right in!

leshiy joy.1613240129.JPG

The Leshiy Classic in standard trim with 250mm barrel is Ed finest moment IMHO, there is nothing like it in the world of air guns, size, weight, power, cuteness factor, nothing comes close, it comes from Russia with love build right in!

leshiy joy.1613240129.JPG

I concur.

BUT, why not ask Ed? I'd love to see a video of him talking about what he considers his greatest accomplishments and which gun most embodies his innovations. He'll probably say the Leshiy2 at this point, but maybe not... 

GsT

I concur.

BUT, why not ask Ed? I'd love to see a video of him talking about what he considers his greatest accomplishments and which gun most embodies his innovations. He'll probably say the Leshiy2 at this point, but maybe not... 

GsT

Yes that would be interesting but not gonna happen, Ed is not that kind guy that sits in front of a fire with a glass of brandy and brags and rests on his former achievements.... and he never shares his plans for the future

I would say the original Leshiy. Plenty of bullpups from a ton of manufacturers. Nothing matches a Leshiy on that platform. There is nothing that can even compete with it. It’s a weird gun, I’ve had one since they were introduced, but it’s a well built unique gun.

I agree with this. The original Leshiy is something special. I shoot mine all the time. More then my others.

I would say the original Leshiy. Plenty of bullpups from a ton of manufacturers. Nothing matches a Leshiy on that platform. There is nothing that can even compete with it. It’s a weird gun, I’ve had one since they were introduced, but it’s a well built unique gun.

I agree with this. The original Leshiy is something special. I shoot mine all the time. More then my others.

I concur with both comments. My leshiy has tens of thousands of rounds through it and it works just as well as when I received it. If you like the unique form factor it’s definitely a must have, but it is a niche item for sure. 

I think the current status is it's Igor's (or other engineer's) soul inside. Ed just accepts or denies. What is Ed's education background?

Birth of EDgun
Hey all,
I have dug this documentation out of the Russian blog archives as I thought is was not only an interesting read and worthy of sharing but worth documenting in English to protect it and make sure it is never lost in time.
I spent a lot of time translating it from Russian to English, although my translation is not perfect I hope you can understand most of it and enjoy the journal of a younger Ed with his evolving journey building the first “RCD” which eventually evolved into the Edgun matador we know today. Regards, Wingman

https://www.edgunwest.com/blog/2017/12/21/birth-of-edgun/