EDgun Edgun SITREP: Rifles Manufactured in Russia?

It's a PCP airgun in .177 specifically designed to fully duplicate the ergonomics of a .22LR competition Biathlon rifle down to bolt cycling and reloading. Ed says it's designed to introduce youngsters to the sport before transitioning them to the real thing. Not sure why not use the real thing to begin with, probably because of some legalities involving minors and firearms in Russia. Cool looking gun for sure.

A tad more than a decade ago I bought the Steyr LB1 Biathlon trainer. It's a 6fpe .177 using 5 round stick mags fed from the side. The action almost imitates the Anschutz 1827F Fortner action but isn't quite the same. One just pulls the lever and let's it go to activate the cocking and advance the magazine. It's been a fantastic little rifle.

The funny thing is I liked this Steyr so much I bought the Anschutz 1827F Biathlon 22rf as soon as I could afford it because I liked the concept. When the Fortner came in and I got used to using it by pulling back the bolt lever then pushing forward with my thumb on the back of the bolt I was totally ruined. No other repeater action in the world was in its class as far as convenience, and speed, while combining those with high precision capability, in a manually operated design! I still use it a few times a month and have won a bunch of NRL22 matches as well as a few UFT matches. I never used it for Biathlon comps though.

If I were to guess the new Edgun biathlon is a 6fpe gun using 5 round mags to be shot on 10M specific biathlon steel target systems that operate like the normal 22rf biathon target systems.
However my wish is for 10 round mags and more power.

I don't like buying new release 1st Gen guns because often problems arise so I'll wait and see how this new Edgun biathlon turns out.

Oh yea thanks for that :)

was using the 22Short as a reason to NOT be interested... especially now that the DRS Pro isnt gonna happen....

Ok, I'll keep my eyes peeled for any more info....
I thought I saw it available from talon tunes? I'm sure I saw the one I wanted 700 mm barrel, large pelenium 0.22 caliber and conventional stock..I didn't care for the aluminum stock on the Drs pro.. but I love the looks of the wood stock
Mark

The DRS is to be released this summer.
There is also a DRS chassis "semi-pro" chassis already available!
Ok, wasnt clear.... I know the Pro is available for preorder from a couple places at least. Should have said "the DRS Pro isnt gonna happen for me..."
Not interested in the other versions.

Reactions: Airgun Al
When I bought my 7 Edguns all were made in Russia , This was all prior to virus and conflicts actually , the L2 was I think 1 month old , this is only edgun I never bought , Now fast forward I see their is Edgun in USA which is Brain and he did this for long time but now I think he is all USA and I see now Edgun Spain , ect I went to Eds site and I see looks to be sub assys sold atleast it looks like this to me , So my guess is Ed sells sub assys to different countries and they either buy his components or use their sources , what I liked most about the R5 and the leshiy1 is durable no poi shifts simple good reliable guns , I can say latley I saw a few guns with some broken parts I never saw a few failures , I somehow think some of the materials or Ed may not be doing it all , he is very good at making robust pcp guns , I saw his video someone sent me yesterday of him building real gun scilencers for AK rifles , SO maybe he is putting his time into real guns now and maybe does this due to the trade issues between some countries ,

Reactions: RobertNoPest
When I bought my 7 Edguns all were made in Russia , This was all prior to virus and conflicts actually , the L2 was I think 1 month old , this is only edgun I never bought , Now fast forward I see their is Edgun in USA which is Brain and he did this for long time but now I think he is all USA and I see now Edgun Spain , ect I went to Eds site and I see looks to be sub assys sold atleast it looks like this to me , So my guess is Ed sells sub assys to different countries and they either buy his components or use their sources , what I liked most about the R5 and the leshiy1 is durable no poi shifts simple good reliable guns , I can say latley I saw a few guns with some broken parts I never saw a few failures , I somehow think some of the materials or Ed may not be doing it all , he is very good at making robust pcp guns , I saw his video someone sent me yesterday of him building real gun scilencers for AK rifles , SO maybe he is putting his time into real guns now and maybe does this due to the trade issues between some countries ,
Intriguing! Thanks for that info and experience.