EDgun Edgun SITREP: Rifles Manufactured in Russia?

Will knowing the place make you buy more guns , stay clear of or improve your skill set by knowing directly where they was made ? Sometimes too much information is not healthy
And, sometimes, not enough information can kill you! That's an awfully broad (& imho irrelevant) response to the OP's question.

Cropped screenshot from a google search.

The US market needed an alternative to the Russian made L2’s due to obvious reasons. I’m pretty sure the US market for the L2 is a large part of its sales. It only makes sense to just have the thing made here to keep sales active.

Dave
IMG_5719.jpeg

Hi Mike. Asking where a rifle is made is a triggering question to some people. And then he tries to insult me. He's probably in a mom's basement situation, and wants to spread unhappiness. Thank you, Mike.
Quit acting the snowflake. Triggering question - this is just ridiculous. This is an airgun forum, not Blackrock DEI central. MEN come here to talk and ask questions.

NO ONE should be flamed for asking a question here on AGN. Many of the posters in this thread should be ashemed of their responses and behavior. You don't reflect the welcoming community AGN is supposed to be.

----------------------------------------------

To answer the OPs question - as it is a very simple one - in conversation with Brian several years back he told me he was working to bring EdGun production to the US. I don't know if it's 100% related the sanctions with Russia, or just for better parts availability. From what I have seen in the threads I believe the Leshiy 2 has been made in the USA for about a year now.

Cropped screenshot from a google search.

The US market needed an alternative to the Russian made L2’s due to obvious reasons. I’m pretty sure the US market for the L2 is a large part of its sales. It only makes sense to just have the thing made here to keep sales active.

DaveView attachment 451281
And now it appears that we have a definitive answer. And a new question: Where do I get those grips?

GsT

My two early-production L2's are both marked "made in Russia" - of course that could have changed, or could just apply to the receiver. I'd heard that manufacturing was moving to the U.S. (or at least *some* manufacturing, but I don't recall the source, so I can't say if it seemed like reputable info or not. Any different markings on newer L2s?

GsT
One L2 has "Made in Russia" engraved on side. The other two L2s feature some Cyrillic engraving, which I will translate.

Show some picture about Cyrillic letters we will find the answer for you. ;)

View attachment 451355

And btw I cannot recall hearing anywhere that Edgun was operating in Belaruss, but you shall be able to check that out in the L2 mega thread.
That's "Made / Done in Russia" (my bad phoenetics: "s'deeyellana v rye-see").

GsT

Take it itll shoot .22LR shorts?

Probably get more use out of that gun than the DRS Pro.....

It's a PCP airgun in .177 specifically designed to fully duplicate the ergonomics of a .22LR competition Biathlon rifle down to bolt cycling and reloading. Ed says it's designed to introduce youngsters to the sport before transitioning them to the real thing. Not sure why not use the real thing to begin with, probably because of some legalities involving minors and firearms in Russia. Cool looking gun for sure.

It's a PCP airgun in .177 specifically designed to fully duplicate the ergonomics of a .22LR competition Biathlon rifle down to bolt cycling and reloading. Ed says it's designed to introduce youngsters to the sport before transitioning them to the real thing. Not sure why not use the real thing to begin with, probably because of some legalities involving minors and firearms in Russia. Cool looking gun for sure.
Oh yea thanks for that :)

was using the 22Short as a reason to NOT be interested... especially now that the DRS Pro isnt gonna happen....

Ok, I'll keep my eyes peeled for any more info....