Edgun r5m versus Fx impact

Hello. I am just wondering how these two air rifles compare? My questions are mainly in the accuracy/reliabilty areas. Like which one is more accurate as a rule? This would be in .25 cal. I know the impact is extremely tunable and maybe the edgun not so much? Which one is more accurate past 50yds? Can the Edgun be tuned to get 50fpe in .25cal? They are not that far apart in price so that is why I am considering them both. I mainly use my air rifle for pest control, but I get a lot of shots in the 75-100 yd range and am looking for something that can consistently reach out that far with accuracy. I know this is kinda a scattered post so sorry about that.

Aloha DJK,

i have both guns you mentioned. EDgun r5m long and impact x 700mm, while like tsakula said the Edgun is much more robust while the impact is not so much. The impact is a little more accurate at 100 yards 3/4 to 1 inch group vs 1 to 1 1/4 group. As for the reliability in the guns, my impact has had 2 air leaks which I sent back to FX USA for warranty repairs. My EDgun on the other hand has had no issues (knock on wood) the impact is way easier to tune. Impact is shooting 950ish 33.95 jsb mk2. EDgun took a little while to tune but I have it shooting 940ish 33.95 Edgun pellets. I like both guns and like you said they’re are in the same price range. If I had to choose, it would be the Edgun. Hope this helps.

Aloha,

Keone

Got got an MKII recently and it's great, but I agree with what has been said. If you just want to shoot, get the Edgun. If you want to tinker or change barrels/calibers, or think you might want to in the future, get the Impact.

Depends on whether you value the probability of more reliability from the Edgun or the certainty of more flexibility with the Impact.

I can only talk about guns I own currently ,

I have 22 R5M LONG . i SHOOT MP 36 GR SLUGS @900FPS AND 66FPE

i HAVE 25 CAL R5 LONG i AM SHOOT MP 48 GR SLUGS @ 868FPS AND 80FPE

I HAVE 30 CAL R5 SUPERLONG , i SHOOT ACCURATE 52 GR SLUGS@900FPS AND 91FPE

MY GUNS ARE MOA GUNS AND ARE GREAT FOR LONG RANGE AND WHEN YOU NEED HI POWER FOR LARGER GAME , i HAVE TAKEN MANY FULL SIZED COYOTES LIKE 50 POUNDS FROM 40 TO 100 YARDS ALL WITH 1 SHOT 1 KILL , I CAN TELL YOU WITH THE 30 CALIBER i NEVER HAD A COYOTE TAKE EVEN 1 STEP , WHERE AS WITH THE 22 , THEY SEEM TO RUN AFTER HITTING BUT ARE DEAD ON THEIR FEET , LAST ONE RAN 75 YARDS WITH A HOLE RITE THREW HIS HEART , IT WAS REFLEX , i GUESS THE LARGER MASS OF 30 CAL , MUST HIT HARDER AS WOUND CHANNEL IS 2X SIZE OF THE 22 CAL ,

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wlvvcsu9yudyiio/april%20hunt%202.mp4?dl=0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_HRY-P1p_4&t=37s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rm45aEDnGL4

i did own a orig mk1 impact in 2106 with sts and it did not shoot slugs well and if did not have the power to sling slugs like the ed-gun does , however , I have shot a impact MK2 with slugs at utah airguns and it shot them very straight , and it had way more power with the mk2 parts and 700mm slug barrel ,So I really cant say how the new FX are but the edguns are better then the the original impacts ,

both guns great for hunting , I think the impact is a bit lighter then the r5m long . I like the ruggedness of the ed-gun , but I always like the cocking system and triggers on the impact. so it comes down to what you like me I like rugged and pure power for slugs but I like accurate and reliably most LOU