• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Edgun r5m has arrived. First impression

Bbstacker, thanks for the info. And yes, Banjo is a great dog. Got my first GSP in 1958, ( I was 12). She is the Queen of the house for sure. Bit of a bed hog sometimes but I don't mind. She cut her teeth on mountian grouse and picked up field work and grey squirrel like she was born to it. She will flush birds out of heavy cover and hold point all day on birds in the open. So yes Banjo, me and the Edgun will be a hell of team.

Really glad that that r5 went to you since I missed out. But I'm super happy with my Edgun. You and I persue the same prey and share the goal of the 34gr.

Thanks for the kind thoughts and sharing your journey with your r5.

Best regards, Bill

EdgunRU. Ed thank you for input on your great rifle and thanks for all you do for Edgun nation. You have put in an incredable amount of time, thought and energy to bring us these amazing weapons. And you couldn't have a better distibutor than Brian of Edgun West. Love your wicked sence of humor and your willingness to step up on issues. You're what should be but seldom is.

Thank you. Bill.

Tflats, I don't have enough experience to debate the r5m fill pressure but no, I didn't misunderstand Brian.

no debate... just telling you

The gun is capable to be filed up to 300 bar, but in fact there is not need to do it. First - the air consumption over 220-240 bar is too high. The second -- even if the tank has 300 bar pressure you can fill from it jjust one time. The third -- yes, the strength to the O-rings is more when you fill it up to 300. The first reason is enough for me, personally, to feel it up to 240.

Thank you for the explanation, it's great to get such information straight from the best source possible. Have been filling to 250 so far & think I'll keep that as the upper limit, shot count is still right at 50 from 250-120.

what Ed said... ;)

In one of his videos Edgar(owner and creator of Edgun) tells: "our tanks are created to hold 300 bar pressure, but at that pressure rifle is very inefficient, that's why I would recommend filling up to 250, of course if you need to squeeze few more shots of a fill, you can fill up to 300"

Can't find that video, so many of videos with him and those are not short 15-20 minutes long, usually he likes to talk 😃

Hey tflats, Think I missunderstood your 1st response. I took it as you recomending fills up to 300 bar. In referencing Ed and Brian in you 2nd response I see thats not what you meant Ofcourse the guns air cylinder is probably safe to 5,000 psi but 240 to 250 bar is recommended. So ya, no debate here.

As a useless point, if the fill tank is at 300 bar, you can't fill the gun to 300 bar. 

Anyway, glad you followed up and my appologies if I seemed snarky; didn't mean to. Regards.