Edgun R5m .25 seems good only to be run over by a truck

Saw a YouTube clip where r5m was run over by a truck. I was really impressed. 

I already had read about good reputation of Edgun.

A friend bougjt it. 

It has all the problems of cocking, magazine indexing and accuracy.

Now I fixed the indexing issue somehow.

But the accuracy is far away than my other guns which are RAW HM1000X and FX Impact.

No comparison of accuracy, trigger and cocking.

Edgun is the worst in all above traits.

Looks like it is only good to be run over by a truck.

We just want get rid of it at whatever price possible.

Never intend to by any Edgun again.

Bhaur

Don't think the guns ever been run over with someone holding it, that might be something to try. I think we all understand the displeasure you have with Edgun, does it really require beating it into the ground with another post? Others have had a great experience with these products.

Its not my personal gun. Still you see that finally I started this new thread to close the issue forever from my side.

You do not know that how difficult it is to get such costly guns in my country.

Its easy to get AK47 here but very difficult to get good PCP.

Even if we get these things here we pay high premium.

I help out the people in this hobby so that they could continue it.

When someone buys such costly gun and these things are brought from UAE and cannot be returned for repair or warranty claim then how one can feel.

I found FX the best in this regard. Whenever any problem appeared in any of FX guns that came to me for repair, Frederick and Johan always sent me the required parts free of cost.

FX does it not for me but for those for whom I fix fx guns.

While in the case of Edgun we don't receive any response.

You could feel it if you had been in my place.

Thank you.

Bhaur

I’m sorry to hear about your friends experience with his Edgun. 

Drive your truck over your FX and let us know how that goes.

This is really funny.

I am unable to understand if it can be any standard of quality if some gun may be run over by a truck and still shoot same.

Now I understand that if a gun does not shoot good it may be run over by a truck and it will still shoot same.

FX are really high tech guns. Some issues may be with some guns.

Most of the time FX guns come to me for repair and are fun to fix.

FX guns become as good as new.

FX are fragile as compared to Edgun but I neither want a good Edgun nor FX to be run over by ......

I have gone deep into the engineering of Edgun R5M.

Even if this model may be working good with some people, as per my experience the design has flaws. 

One cannot install a new and longer barrel in free floating manner to try to get some accuracy.

Edgun previous models may be good but to me this model has engineering flaws in trigger quality, cocking quality , magazine indexing mechanism that is based on a soft O ring.

As far as barrel is concerned, bad barrel can come in any brand.

This is the badluck that he got a bad barrel with a so so engineered gun.

😊

I’d recommend reaching out directly to Ed. He is active on the forum and will respond. I had a cocking issue with a R5 Supermagnum. The bolt got jammed and would not slide back to cock the gun. Found out it was a highly unusual manufacturing defect. I reached out Ed and he requested the cocking mechanism be sent to him in Russia. Upon receipt of the defective cocking block, he immediately sent out a free replacement to me….issue solved! I could have chosen to vent on the forums like you have, but I chose the more direct approach and the issue was resolved without brand bashing! I have owned every model of Edgun…matador R3 R5 R5M, Leshiy classic, leyla 2.0, L2 and they are very well designed, durable and accurate guns! It’s high possibly you received a lemon and that’s unfortunate! I hope you reach a positive conclusion without the brand bashing!

I appreciate good press as much as bad. Some people don't want to hear it. Others really ought to. At this price point, the gun should have no issues at all. Now I could understand one issue slipping by. But that many is a bad sign. Lack of support due to logistics or whatever it may be is even worse. All teh more reasons the should should have been tripple checked if they had no intent or ability to support. 

I’d recommend reaching out directly to Ed. He is active on the forum and will respond. I had a cocking issue with a R5 Supermagnum. The bolt got jammed and would not slide back to cock the gun. Found out it was a highly unusual manufacturing defect. I reached out Ed and he requested the cocking mechanism be sent to him in Russia. Upon receipt of the defective cocking block, he immediately sent out a free replacement to me….issue solved! I could have chosen to vent on the forums like you have, but I chose the more direct approach and the issue was resolved without brand bashing! I have owned every model of Edgun…matador R3 R5 R5M, Leshiy classic, leyla 2.0, L2 and they are very well designed, durable and accurate guns! It’s high possibly you received a lemon and that’s unfortunate! I hope you reach a positive conclusion without the brand bashing!

I have already sent e mails but yet no response.

Even at these high price points, if you think you’re paying for perfection, you’re going to be disappointed. In the case of the OP, this gun travelled from UAE to India to Pakistan? Who knows what could have happened along the way. My point here is simply this - brand bashing, implying design flaws with trigger and cocking mechanism etc etc is a reach. Thousands of R5m owners don’t have the cocking issues or trigger issues or barrel accuracy issues experienced by the OP. I personally own a R5M in .25…one of the best pcps I own…it’s harmonically tuned, accurate, powerful, cocks super smooth and has been a joy to own and shoot! 

Even at these high price points, if you think you’re paying for perfection, you’re going to be disappointed. In the case of the OP, this gun travelled from UAE to India to Pakistan? Who knows what could have happened along the way. My point here is simply this - brand bashing, implying design flaws with trigger and cocking mechanism etc etc is a reach. Thousands of R5m owners don’t have the cocking issues or trigger issues or barrel accuracy issues experienced by the OP. I personally own a R5M in .25…one of the best pcps I own…it’s harmonically tuned, accurate, powerful, cocks super smooth and has been a joy to own and shoot!

Enjoy good luck sir

Hi guys

I have never tried an Edgun of the new models I can not give an opinion but the old ones are tanks a truck can pass them over but they are far from the smoothness and finesse of FX. Regarding the spare parts, if you deal with a shopkeeper, it is not the same as directly with the manufacturer, they have sent me parts under warranty that the shopkeeper who sold me the airgun did not want to accept as a guarantee.

Regards

Enkey 

I have never owned an Edgun rifle. Every body (until now) said those rifles are good.

Crossman999 comment made me laugh !!

I wouldn't cry about the rifle. If I already paid for it and can not give it back, I will try the following in that precise order:

1.- shoot the rifle without the shroud and see if accuracy improves.

a) If it improves, I would make wider the exit hole of the shroud with a drill.

b) If it does not improves, I would recrown the top of the barrel. And then will make the hole of the shroud wider.

2.- I would check the alignment of the magazine to confirm the pellet exits the magazine streight and undamaged 

3.- if the indexing of the pellet is still stiff, I would remove the barrel and with my hand and a drill tip would make the entering of the barrel a little bit wider to allow a better travel of the pellet.

4.- I would put a bit of silicone grease in the barrel and shoot three pellets before trying to zero the scope.

If all above described did not improve the accuracy, I would order another barrel (FX smooth twist or s LW Poligonal one) and would machine it to fit perfectly.

But not all of us (fortunately) are equally obsessive.

I have never owned an Edgun rifle. Every body (until now) said those rifles are good.

I wouldn't cry about the rifle. If I already paid for it and can not give it back, I will try the following in that precise order:

a) If it improves, I would make wider the exit hole of the shroud with s drill.

b) If it does not improves, I will recrown the top of the barrel. And then will make the hotel of the shroud wider.

2.- I would check the alignment of the magazine to confirm the pellet exit the magazine streight and undamaged 

3.- if the indexing of the pellet is still stiff, I would remove the barrel and with my hand and a drill tip will make the entering of the barrel a little bit wider to allow a better enter of the pellet.

4.- I would put a bit of silicone grease in the barrel and shoot three pellets before trying to zero the scope.

If all above described did not improve the accuracy, I would order another barrel (FX smooth twist or s LW Poligonal one) and would machine it to fit perfectly.

Except putting a new barrel in it I have done all what you have suggested.

After disagreeing with the engineering of the gun I will not throw good money over bad money.

a) If it improves, I would make wider the exit hole of the shroud with s drill.

b) If it does not improves, I will recrown the top of the barrel. And then will make the hotel of the shroud wider.

2.- I would check the alignment of the magazine to confirm the pellet exit the magazine streight and undamaged 

3.- if the indexing of the pellet is still stiff, I would remove the barrel and with my hand and a drill tip will make the entering of the barrel a little bit wider to allow a better enter of the pellet.

Except putting a new barrel in it I have done all what you have suggested.

After disagreeing with the engineering of the gun I will not throw good money over bad money.

The you just have to check the rifle in order to confirm if in any part with small text it says: "Made in China".

One cannot install a new and longer barrel in free floating manner to try to get some accuracy.

You can order a replacement barrel in the same length as your original R5M..assuming it's a Standard length. Or you can order a long barrel...and you might need to buy or make the spacer needed for the installation.

Changing a barrel takes all of 5 minutes. There's a YouTube video.

And no the R5M barrel is not free-floating, it has a tensioned system. You can change the barrel tension..a certain tension might give you better accuracy. It's tightening or loosening a barrel nut. It may be too tight or too loose.