• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Edgun R5m .25 seems good only to be run over by a truck

One cannot install a new and longer barrel in free floating manner to try to get some accuracy.

You can order a replacement barrel in the same length as your original R5M..assuming it's a Standard length. Or you can order a long barrel...and you might need to buy or make the spacer needed for the installation.

Changing a barrel takes all of 5 minutes. There's a YouTube video.

And no the R5M barrel is not free-floating, it has a tensioned system. You can change the barrel tension..a certain tension might give you better accuracy. It's tightening or loosening a barrel nut. It may be too tight or too loose.

Pay close attention to the tension of your barrel , some say between 10 & 12 ft. pds. if I recall , also the barrel can be swapped by mistake (end to end) the choke . As you know do not let the shrould touch the air tube .BTW a R5M IMO is not going to compare to any FX at any longer distance , even my crickets out shoots it . 

I find mubhaur to be a great resource to us all. He’s obviously venting.. crap, we all are guilty of this. I recall a time not that long ago when both Brian and Ed would pipe in on the forum. It wouldn’t surprise me much if they have already read these comments. If so, hopefully they could leave a reply with suggestions, etc.

I own a few RAWs myself. To date, only one has seen pellets go through. The others are new locked away for one of you lucky fellas when I die. It just so happens to be that I own an Edgun R5M in .25. Yep, you guessed it, not one pellet through this girl either, not on my watch anyway. I bought her new, maybe Brian popped her you know what.. I’m curious now. I should get to know her a bit better Friday night to see if she’s all that bad, or all that good, If y’all know what I mean.

I’ll report my score card if the date happens. In the mean time let our friend have his rant. Maybe in turn Brian, or Ed can enlighten us to what may be going on. Ed seems respectable enough to do what’s right if deserved in this case.

One cannot install a new and longer barrel in free floating manner to try to get some accuracy.

You can order a replacement barrel in the same length as your original R5M..assuming it's a Standard length. Or you can order a long barrel...and you might need to buy or make the spacer needed for the installation.

And no the R5M barrel is not free-floating, it has a tensioned system. You can change the barrel tension..a certain tension might give you better accuracy. It's tightening or loosening a barrel nut. It may be too tight or too loose.

Pay close attention to the tension of your barrel , some say between 10 & 12 ft. pds. if I recall , also the barrel can be swapped by mistake (end to end) the choke . As you know do not let the shrould touch the air tube .BTW a R5M IMO is not going to compare to any FX at any longer distance , even my crickets out shoots it .

By the by, Mr. kayaker might have hit the nail on it’s head with his suggestion.

The shroud touches the air tube and I don't find any way to keep it away. This is one of the reasons I didn't like the design.

I find mubhaur to be a great resource to us all. He’s obviously venting.. crap, we all are guilty of this. I recall a time not that long ago when both Brian and Ed would pipe in on the forum. It wouldn’t surprise me much if they have already read these comments. If so, hopefully they could leave a reply with suggestions, etc.

I own a few RAWs myself. To date, only one has seen pellets go through. The others are new locked away for one of you lucky fellas when I die. It just so happens to be that I own an Edgun R5M in .25. Yep, you guessed it, not one pellet through this girl either, not on my watch anyway. I bought her new, maybe Brian popped her you know what.. I’m curious now. I should get to know her a bit better Friday night to see if she’s all that bad, or all that good, If y’all know what I mean.

I’ll report my score card if the date happens. In the mean time let our friend have his rant. Maybe in turn Brian, or Ed can enlighten us to what may be going on. Ed seems respectable enough to do what’s right if deserved in this case.

Thank you Sir,

Its wonderful if you can compare the operational engineering and long range accuracy of Edgun R5M and RAW.

RAW is a great design. Very user friendly to operate and to fix.

I have a friend that got the RM 3 long in discount from edgun west ..still it was something like $1600 ..very light gun for the size..acurate we were shooting cans at 140y .. with no effort at all .. but compared to my taipan long that I have at that time..that cost me $1.250 .. that edgun was no match awful trigger...overpriced compared to the taipan .. taipans are now like $1400 ... edgun $1900 .i don't think .. I'm having $500 of more gun for my money...

I have a friend that got the RM 3 long in discount from edgun west ..still it was something like $1600 ..very light gun for the size..acurate we were shooting cans at 140y .. with no effort at all .. but compared to my taipan long that I have at that time..that cost me $1.250 .. that edgun was no match awful trigger...overpriced compared to the taipan .. taipans are now like $1400 ... edgun $1900 .i don't think .. I'm having $500 of more gun for my money...

By all truthfulness I state that I got a chance today to use an other Edgun R5M .25.

This one is accurate. But not lights out accurate up to 100 yards.

Cocking is just a bit better. May be with more use it got better broken in. Trigger is as bad as the first one has.

So I want to close the discussion with a note that to me Edgun 3 and other old models are good but R5M in .25 is not up to the mark and is overpriced.

Not a sofisticated machine.

Have you adjusted the tension on the barrel? The shroud should not touch the air tube. One guy on here had that issue before and the barrel was over torqued and caused the frame to get twisted. Definitely look into that. For the trigger, while not amazing I found mine to be very good when I adjusted to my liking. But I shoot pests not targets for my main shooting. 

Only thing I wasn't a fan of was ping in your ear and couldn't single load easily.

Have you adjusted the tension on the barrel? The shroud should not touch the air tube. One guy on here had that issue before and the barrel was over torqued and caused the frame to get twisted. Definitely look into that. For the trigger, while not amazing I found mine to be very good when I adjusted to my liking. But I shoot pests not targets for my main shooting. 

Only thing I wasn't a fan of was ping in your ear and couldn't single load easily.

Barrel is not over torqued but still the shroud touches the cylinder tube.