EDgun r5m .22cal standard what slugs work

I have a Matador R5M in 22. It does shoot Nielsen Specialty Ammo 217 slugs in 27.5 grain well. Just a little to the right from my pellets. I have only dialed them out to 30 yards and have not attempted further yet.

https://nielsenspecialtyammo.com/collections/22-caliber/products/27-5-grain-325-count-22-cal-slug-nsa

The problem isn't that the slugs won't shoot well so far. It's that the magazines are not designed to hold the slugs and even if I push them in further the slugs have a tendency to wiggle loose and cause feeding issues or just fall out on their own.

Therefore, what you may want is a single shot tray or loader. I have seen 2 models on the web but only was able to purchase one from Huma Air. It was tricky because their website would not load the page for the product when I clicked on the link to drill down into the details. But I still was able to order if I did a search for "edgun" then selected order among the many products.

I have a Matador R5M in 22. It does shoot Nielsen Specialty Ammo 217 slugs in 27.5 grain well. Just a little to the right from my pellets. I have only dialed them out to 30 yards and have not attempted further yet.

https://nielsenspecialtyammo.com/collections/22-caliber/products/27-5-grain-325-count-22-cal-slug-nsa

The problem isn't that the slugs won't shoot well so far. It's that the magazines are not designed to hold the slugs and even if I push them in further the slugs have a tendency to wiggle loose and cause feeding issues or just fall out on their own.

Therefore, what you may want is a single shot tray or loader. I have seen 2 models on the web but only was able to purchase one from Huma Air. It was tricky because their website would not load the page for the product when I clicked on the link to drill down into the details. But I still was able to order if I did a search for "edgun" then selected order among the many products.

Stick a third o-ring around the two that are already on the magazine. It will hold them just fine, but you still may need to seat them a little deeper (you can actually use a slug to push them in further in a pinch lol)

I have now spent some time with r5m 22cal standard, Brian set it to 900fps with the jsb 25gr shoots good but with some recoil. So i slowed it down to 860-870 but most interesting results were the nsa 20.2 slugs @920-930 FPS and shoot great! I have only shot them @ 50-75 yard and shooting about .75-1.00 inch groups @75 yrd. The only thing is that the wind really effect the 20.2 slugs about the same as the 25gr jsb but group a little better than the jsb. I still have to find a better hold on the gun but that’s the nature of the bullpups and this one is short. I do have a five inch picatinny extension that helps putting the bi-pod out a little farther, but I need to spend some more time this afternoon when the wind calms. I will keep you updated.

I have had great luck with the .22 FX hybrids. I am running them just over 900 fps, and they are grouping excellently at 50, 100, and yes, even 200 yrds. 

This group was shot at 198 yrds, aim point was the target, 8 rounds. I had the scope on 30x mag and cold barely make out the target. Shot prone, bipod. One round just grazed the side of the board. Gun was zeroed at 40 yrds, and I had a whopping 30 MOA drop at that distance. Energy retention was pretty surprising, still penetrating about 3/4 inch of wood. I was really happy with the hybrids out of the R5M. 

1588826285_18838603175eb390adbd4f87.95210734.jpg

Also had very good luck with the 22 gr cup base and 22.5 gr dish base Varmint Knockers (nose HP and his new large HP). I have yet to shoot past 65 yrds with them, but they are grouping basically 1 MOA at that distance. Those large HP really explode fruit... quite fun. 

I have tinkered around with the NSAs, but really need to put some time in with grouping them. 

The H&N slugs were pretty dismal in my gun comparatively.

One thing, slugs out of my R5M are picky about dirty barrel. Keep em clean for amazingly improved accuracy. 

And yes, add an extra o-ring to your mags, it keeps em snug. you do have to push em in a few mm. 

The nsa 17.5 slugs are working very well, I am shooting jsb 18gr @890-900fps they shoot great . The gun is shooting a little bit better for me slowing down the speed, but the slugs @75yrd poi is about an inch and a half lower than the pellets? At 50yrd the are at the same poi as the pellets and group the same I would have thought it would be the same or even a little higher at 75yrd but no big deal they shoot great. The slugs are shooting @970fps and I use an Allen key to seat them in the clip. Have fun shooting!

8thman. Thanks for the info. I have been shooting NSA 17.5 and JSB 18 out of my edgun also. Something doesn’t sound right. Are you sure the NSAs come out faster? My R3 shoots the slugs about 50 FPS slower and with the higher BC the slugs should be higher than the pellets at 75 yds. I still have some homework to do but so as of right now the slugs sure work great. I love the option of switching between slugs and pellets when ever I want.