• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Edgun R5 Long .25 in the house

Edgun R5 Long .25 just arrived and she is a beauty. Quickly through a scope on it and shot a few shots through the chrono,,,25grn pellets going 1003fps thats 56 ft lbs. Initial impressions are i like it alot,,,,solidly built and very quiet for the output its doing.I will tweek the trigger a little but its a keeper for sure.More to come once i get a chance to shoot it a bit but i did take a few quick pics.

GyzbdiG.jpg

OjuL44W.jpg

Thanks guys...when the R5 was announced and said it was in .30 I said to myself I'd like that gun in a .25. Well I begged and pleaded with Brian at Edgun West if he can import a few .25s and low and behold he did. As of know I believe there was five .25 R5's that Brian got in.

I'll try to get some 50yd groups up in the next few days but with some impending rain we will wait to see what I can do.Brian said that these came in shooting the 34 grn heavies over 1000fps and he had to turn the reg down on them. Sounds like it is a real powerhouse but would never know it with this big moderator on it.
More to come.....

"CHUCK"How accurate is this rifle shooting the 25 grain pellets at 1003 ft/s? I would love to see the accuracy of the 34 grain heavies at 1000 ft/s second also...that would be 75.5 fpe and isn't that about what an FX .30 cal. delivers? Congratulations on a beautiful and powerful rifle! How quiet is it also?
Chuck
Chuck I just got this rifle this afternoon and had no time to shoot groups with it yet. Currently I do not have any 34 grn pellets but will be getting some soon.If I get a chance I will shoot some 50yd groups tomorrow with the 25grn as it's setup going 1000fps. I live in a neighborhood and will have no problem shooting this in my fenced in yard without fear of my neighbors freaking out...it's quiet for a .25.

Sylvan I'll give my thoughts and why I wanted a .25 Long.First off I just thought the .25 would be cheaper to shoot and for my needs I just felt I wouldn't need a .30. I didn't want a Super Long because to me it's getting into a length that I don't want for hunting or carrying around the field.The Super Long is probably the longest bullpup I've ever seen. It will be interesting to see how many shots I get per fill with the long.

@Kitplanenut,

I wouldn’t hesitate in buying an R5 in .30. I own a R5 .30 standard size. Brian installed a Huma Reg and tuned the gun to shoot 44g at 910 FPS. I can tune it down to 880 fps and increase my shot count but I’m getting 27-30 solid shots at 910fps with my R5 .30 standard at a 240 bar fill and that’s all I really need right now but the simplicity of tuning and working on the R5’s is a charm. 

"SoCalEdgun"@Kitplanenut,
I wouldn’t hesitate in buying an R5 in .30. I own a R5 .30 standard size. Brian installed a Huma Reg and tuned the gun to shoot 44g at 910 FPS. I can tune it down to 880 fps and increase my shot count but I’m getting 27-30 solid shots at 910fps with my R5 .30 standard at a 240 bar fill and that’s all I really need right now but the simplicity of tuning and working on the R5’s is a charm.
Do you know what Brian set the Huma regulator at?