EDgun R5 0.30 Arrived

Just got this delivered from EDgun West today. More pictures to come. Just had a chance to put air in it and get it scoped. Props to Brian for tuning the gun before shipping. 
cb782e5c088743c125633c7cd83a64b2.jpg

"knifemaker"Sweet and Congrat's!
Now if Ed would just put a side lever/forward on it.
Knife
He did with the R5M but it's only going to be available in .25 cal and lower calibers. There are videos on youtube already with them and they look amazing. I just happen to have too many .25 cal rifles so the .30 was the ticket for me.

"Bobr"Did you put the rail on the front yourself? And which one did you use .
super good guns bob
I bought the Magpul L5 MOE Rail Section from Amazon for around $9. There are cutouts inside the forestock that allow you to put the rail in place. Only problem you have to be aware of is that the included screws are too short for the thickness of the wood stock. So if you do buy this weaver rail, you'll need longer screws and some sort of locking nuts to hold it all together.

What I did was use some screws I had lying around that were identical to the included ones, just longer, except that the threading on the screw did not match the included locking metal plates. So all I did was use a drillbit and drilled out the threads and enlarged the holes, then used it like a washer and used two small screw nuts to hold everything in place. It works great!

If you need pictures I can take some of how it looks on the inside of the stock.

"Bobr"If you dont mind a picture would be great. I got my super long on Saturday and have not had a chance to put a rail on it yet .
cant belive how quiet it is ,the safety is stiff hope it smooths up after useing it more really like it
If you can, would post a few picture of the Super in a different post. I saw Ed struggle with the safety a bit in a demo video. 

So I just had a chance to get out and get some photos today of the gun. It snowed again last night for the second time this year in South Mississippi, so I took the opportunity to let this little gem of a gun shine. Prior to heading out the pressure was at 230 bar. Fifteen minutes later after the photo shoot, it was down to 207 bar in 12 degree weather with a windchill of zero! Love the new digital pressure gauge! I'm hoping the weather improves so I can get it sighted in. Right now it's just too cold to stay out long enough to get it properly sighted in.

This is the Matador R5 Standard at 29.5" long, set up at 880 fps using 44.75g pellets. It's wearing a Hawke 4-16x44 AO SF scope on medium rings. I added a Magpul L7 rail underneath. I'm going to update this with more info once I get it set up as well as groups at 50 yards.

D1hyQiW.jpg

Y8mnJHz.jpg

9QwokXh.jpg

L6wTXs6.jpg

olKAnxb.jpg

cO2Hoss.jpg

"Bobr"If you dont mind a picture would be great. I got my super long on Saturday and have not had a chance to put a rail on it yet .
cant belive how quiet it is ,the safety is stiff hope it smooths up after useing it more really like it
Here are photos of what the rail looks like installed.
5e1a181cb68970321562fad5c8673050.jpg

35eb4884f0f5fa88b60eec3311645b67.jpg

The included bolts were too short and flush with the inside of the wood, so I put in longer phillips bolts in order to get everything tightened down. The included metal pads that are supposed to hold everything together have threads for the original bolts so I had to use a drillbit and drill out the threads to allow the new bolts to slip through and screw into the hex nuts. Everything is solid and there is no flex.

Today I braved the cold 32 degree weather and took the gun out for zeroing the scope and chrony testing. I also adjusted the first and second stage trigger to my liking. 
The safety was a little stiff at the beginning but now has loosened up. It's easier to flip the safety on/off by having your thumb and index finger on the safety switch on either side and pushing or pulling the lever. 

Chrony testing revealed:

JSB 44.75g @ 810 fps
Predator polymag 44.75g @ 810 fps
JSB 50.15g @770 fps

These numbers seemed low compared to what the gun was tuned at by Brian at EDgun West. So I texted him and he told me he set up the gun in 70 degree weather to shoot the 44.75g @ 880 fps. So a 70 fps drop just due to temperature change. 

Regardless, my gun likes all three pellets above but prefers the 50.15g pellets for 50+ yards. That may change as the velocity changes once it warms up here. I'll do more Chrony work when it warms up outside. 

I'm getting half inch groups at 50 yards with the heavy pellet off a bipod and seated on a beanbag. Plenty good for me for hunting. The polymags are shooting just under an inch groups at 35 yards. 

I'll update this post with more information. Next will be to try the H&N 30 cal pellets that just came out once they're available to purchase.