Tuning Edgun r3m huma reg issue

After fitting the huma reg and plenum, air leaks from the tiny breathing hole in the cylinder when I start filling 

reg tester shows the reg is fine, but I still changed the seals on it 

strange, as no leaking if I use the huma reg with the original edgun reg body as a plenum

this leaves me with no other thought, other than it’s an issue with the huma plenum. However, this is highly unlikely upon knowing huma quality and the fact the plenum is simply an empty tube

any help would be appreciated 

Ok surprised but also glad I’m not the only one with this problem 

air clearly isn’t sealing and common sense would dictate the problem is due to the plenum .., either being minutely too small in diameter or some kind of hair fracture in the body itself 

I’ve told huma about this and I’ve paid for a new plenum to be sent to me. They said it’ll be checked to ensure it’s working before being shipped to me

A28A0494-42B4-4B3E-B123-65B0CA8A0CA6.1643920571.jpeg
Above is edgun regulator assembly and below is the huma plenum and reg

both diameter measurements are the same 

I’ve tried white tape under the o ring and silicone grease inside the cylinder and also on the plenum, but still leaks from breathing hole when I start to fill

any ideas what the problem could be?

Hi All,

I'll give it a stab.

I gather the bleed hole is between the two orings on the Edgun regulator set-up?

If that is so, the Huma assembly must be sealed between the regulator and plenum body. It appears that there may be an oring (face seal) missing where I put the "?"

Also. Does the regulator body go in the opposite end from the layout?

Sorry. I'm a long way from the hardware :)

HTH,

Nugria

maybe.1643943424.JPG

Yes, the bleed hole is in between those o rings 

and yes that’s the problem, the huma reg isn’t sealing with the huma plenum body 

there’s no o ring which goes on the huma reg where you’ve pointed out, and it seals on the tester ok without an oring there too

The huma reg goes in exactly where you’ve pointed out 

I’m hoping someone must’ve encountered this same problem and maybe found a solution 

Hi PkShooter,

IMHO, it is missing an o-ring. The Huma reg tester uses face seals top and bottom that are smaller in diameter than the flange that seals with the plenum. I pulled a Huma/Edgun regulator from its plenum and it looks like the photo below. Mine has an o-ring :)

Nugria

huma.1644023117.JPG

ps. My o-ring is stuck in the regulator. Otherwise I'd pull it out to measure it. 

Finally got round to fixing my r3m and the oring you pointed out was indeed missing from the start and I didn’t think of it neither 

so thanks again for your help

with the huma reg and hammer weight fitted, 34gr are maxing out at 860

my r3m is the standard version 

anyone able to get more than this with a standard I wonder?

back to the kings it is 😃