• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning Edgun r2.5 or r3 matador moderator cleaning

Hello folks. I purchased a used Edgun Matador R3 (I think, assembled in late 2011) and was attempting to clean the barrel. I unscrewed the moderator cover only to find what appeared to be a paste like substance covering the baffles. I suspect that it’s lead dust and moisture accumulation from many years of shooting. Question for those who know. How do I get the baffle off of the gun? Does it unscrew or is it pressed on? I tried to remove it easily, but I believe it takes a little force, and I don’t want to break it. Also, I attempted to remove the barrel shroud and found that was not possible. Is that also threaded like the moderator cover? Thank you all for your help!

The baffle is also a barrel tensioning nut. The barrel is in tension. To clean the baffle, just unscrew the baffle cover and clean away. There is no need to remove. Please remember that the barrel tension will affect the accuracy of your rifle. You should disassemble only of you have an unlikely problem.

Joe

Thanks Joe, will do. I plan to proceed slowly. I don’t know much about the gun, only what I can glean from the internet. Being an old gun, there’s not a lot out there on basic adjustments. I hope parts are still available...l fear maybe not.