EdGun Owners: Question about Magazines

With my R3M I think you could see 4 of the pellet slots at a time when the mag is loaded right? If I remember correctly when all of the pellet "chambers" that I could see were empty, I knew I had 2 shots left. I could be wrong because it has been awhile since I had that gun but I know that I had some system like that and it helped quite a bit. Also if you do cock the gun and your mag is empty you should be able to feel that there is no resistance when pushing the bolt forward. Pretty easy to feel the pellet bumping over the breech o ring IMO.

Hope this helps!

The EdGun clips are similar to the Taipan Mutant/Veteran, Wildcat, Sumatra, and the older Brocock airguns like the Concept and Contour models. I used a red Sharpie marker on one of my Brocock Contour Elite S6 to mark an area of the clip so I would know when the last shot is coming up. I guess you could use a silver Sharpie on the black EdGun clips to stand out. You would then have to index the clip when placing it in the breach area and time it for your last shot. Works well on my Brocock Contour. 

1539041161_13865359955bbbe789e51df2.09356248_20180725_204832.jpg

Similar idea here on my Lelia 2.0 & R5M, I just use model paint to paint a couple of the notches. I paint one orange and the other white - on the .25 mags it’s an odd number of pellets so the two painted notches aren’t directly opposite each other. When I install the mag, I rotate it so that the orange notch is on top closest to the action. So when I’m shooting and the white notch get up to this same position, I’m about halfway through the mag. When the orange gets back up to that spot, I know I’m out. 

Alternatively, on my R3M before, I would just fill in the exposed empty slots on the mag as I shot so the mag would always be mostly full.