Edgun Matador r3 .30 info!!!

Hi to everyone from Uruguay, I need your help a friend of mine has an Edgun matador r3 .30 2nd generation, and I'm tempted to purchase it, the problem is that we live in different countries and I can't go and try it, in the past I have had a .22 r3m and it was excellent but have no idea how the r3 .30 will perform ( accuracy, shoot count,best pellet, problems etc), and for what I search in the web there's no much info about them, I think they were not massive made or I'm wrong? Well any info will be very appreciated thanks and sorry for any grammatical mistake.

Juan.F

Juan,

I had one and it was a great rifle, it liked pellets and slugs in the 47-53gr range, excellent accuracy and decent power. Many current models can make greater power than the R3, but it's no slouch. I traded mine off because I didn't have much need for the power of a .30. It's an Edgun, so quality and ruggedness are not concerns.

Mark

Thanks for the info, very appreciated, I know they aren't power machines like we have today but if the precision is there it's all I need, I mostly wanted it for long range plinking, for your experience how it will perform in ranges of 80 to 100 yards.

The most important thing is to make sure it has a 3mm valve stem. The sweet spot for the R3 .30 standard is about 860-870 FPS with 44.75 JSB.

Ok thanks for the info I will try to check that, with that's speed and weight I don't need more, i wanted it, more than nothing for long range plinking ( how do you think it will perform in 80 to 100 yards) and occasionally some hunting, so again thanks for the info.