• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Edgun Matador.25 caliber Huma Magnumi

I have not had or seen the hammer weight move at all. Im still running my hand made prototype weight which only has a screw on one side not both.. hasnt come loose after thousands of shots.. 

If the problem comes back, remove the grub screws and file/grind the contact tips flat to get more surface area for clamping pressure. 

I have some production kits arriving from Huma next week so I'll look into it and see if the supplied grub screw needs adressing. 
Anyone else had a weight come loose? 

Nick,
your numbers seem to be in the range that Phil recommended to me. I was running 12-20 more FPS than you. Phil recommended I lower my regulator by 5 which I did but unfortunately I messed up that copper washer between the regulator and barrel so I have to delay my testing. Brian said I could use a oring 5mm x1.5mm until I get copper replacement. ill pick one up tomorrow. If my weight comes loose I’ll follow Phil’s recommendation and flatten the end of screw. I’ll also see if I can find one a little longer than original so it will be in contact with more thread in the weight I’ll just grind it to right length and I’ll get a nut for it so if I grind it I can use nut to clean up any thread damaged in grinding I’ll also use the blue locktite.

Did some testing on 11/21 at Quail Creek Airgun Range (elev 3000') using my new Matador Huma Magnum .25. Caldwell G2 set at 3.5' from muzzle and Shooting Chrony green at 150' from muzzle (target at 153'). Using EDgun 33.95 and JSB King Heavy 33.95 (MK I) straight from the tin and JSB MK II 33.95 weight sorted to 33.90-33.99. 10 shots each pellet showed the following results when input here: https://www.pyramydair.com/airgun-resources/widgets/convert.php?BCalc&u=17 

EDgun near avg: 908.0, ES: 16, SD: 5.1, MV: 913 Far avg: 780.4 for a BC of .0403

JSB MK I near avg: 903.1, ES: 19, SD: 6.4, MV: 908 Far avg: 774.2 for a BC of .0396

JSB MK II near avg: 910.0, ES: 7, SD: 2.3, MV: 916 Far avg: 768.6 for a BC of .0362

Will retest using washed and weight sorted pellets. Had higher expectations. It was about 78 degrees and some wind (always). Comments? 

Interesting that the JSB MK II tested the best in terms of ES and SD but the EDgun pellets had the best BC and seem to group the best. 

Would need some more details from you to run the numbers.
Heres mine: 

BSA barrel on matador std
128'ASL
Temp 20 deg c
Av MV 910fps
Av Vel @100yds 728.7fps 
Av Vel @ 200yds 596.8fps
Scope hight 1.72"
These figures in strelok give me 0.058 BC and the corisponding turret clicks and POI on paper at all ranges are spot on.

Edgun long with factory barrel
128'ASL
Temp 20 deg c
Av MV 915fps
Av Vel @100yds 713.1fps 
Av Vel @ 200yds 573.6fps
Scope hight 1.72"
These figures in strelok give me 0.053 BC and the corisponding turret clicks and POI on paper at all ranges are spot on.

Are you measuring the same shot with the 2 chronos?

Do not have room to test at 100 yds. Why are scope height and bullet drop factors when using two chronos to measure the same shot? The Pyramyd Air calculator I linked only needs the info I gave. 

Will not Strelok compute BC with two speeds at two different distances? 

Please take no offense, trying to learn.

No offence taken here.. 
Yes two chronos measuring the same pellet then an average of 10 shots.
With the pellet drop and scope hight I can tripple check the BC is correct.. 
just entering your numbers in and changing my temp and altitude to yours I get a higher bc than mine of 0.054 but can confirm exact numbers with the aditional info. 
this makes sence as the higher altitude means thinner air.
Are you using the GA or G1 drag setting? 

Thanks for the clarification. 

You plugged my alt, temp and 50 yd numbers into Strelok Pro and got .054 BC? I need to get this app on my iPad. Is Strelok preferred over Chairgun?

Assume a drag setting of GA is programmed into the PA calculator since it is for airgun use.

I have room to test at 75 yds. I will measure my scope height, zero it at 50 and measure drop at 75. Will retest using the 2 chronys at 1 & 75 yds. Will also use washed and weight sorted pellets. 

Hi Phil 

Been out with my Edgun .25 .. It still shoots great ..
I still want to shoot with the 25.3 gr as they are easy to get hold of... but if I read correctly .... if I fit one of your Hume regulators without a hammer weight .... This will let me get more shots per fill ? It is still runnig at 890 fps and it is very constant ... Have put heaps of pellets though it since you arranged the guns for us .

Any tuning to be done ?

Thanks 

HK

"semieros"The best accuracy from a pcp I have ever seen. Well done wingman

Thanks, Yes me too.. I shoot it every day and it still leaves me amazed. 100y starlings have become the norm and no longer even a challenge. I hope the 25.4gr .22 cals performs as good.
Has anyone fitted a kit to a .22 yet? I love to have feedback. 
It made a massive improvement in the gen 1 .30cal matadors. 900fps with 44gr from 120bar. Super quiet.

"HeineKevin"Hi Phil 

Been out with my Edgun .25 .. It still shoots great ..
I still want to shoot with the 25.3 gr as they are easy to get hold of... but if I read correctly .... if I fit one of your Hume regulators without a hammer weight .... This will let me get more shots per fill ? It is still runnig at 890 fps and it is very constant ... Have put heaps of pellets though it since you arranged the guns for us .

Any tuning to be done ?

Thanks 

HK
Hey Heine,
Glad to hear it! Thats a sweet gun you have.
You will pick up a few more shots per fill with this kit and 25.4gr kings yes, running the reg at a lower setting means you can shoot the gun down to lower pressures making the most of the shots as it drops off the reg also.
The biggest gain is the smoothness it adds to the whole system, you can back the HST off and it gets much quieter without losing velocity. 
Im happy to help you tune it if you do decide to fit a kit. I just had Huma send me a few kits but they are all spoken for, I should have called you to ask..