Edgun Leyla .25 review

Hi guys and girls (ahm, are girls ever here? lol)

This is my first gun review (in english).
My written english is better then my spoken therefore it would give no videos from me. (at least for now)

I have me vor the Edgun Leyla .25 decided because it gives not many reviews about it.
The Leyla is the smallest Bullpap on the market.
And looks similar to the FN P90.

Here are a few specifications:
Price: 1500-1600$
Caliber: .177 .22 .25
Length: 518 mm
Height: 153 mm
Weight: 2.0 kg
Barrel length: 295 mm (LW)
Reservoir volume: 83.5 cm3
Filling pressure: 220 bar
I fill it up to 250-300 bar, no problem but it loses some pressure if its over 250 bar.
Ca. 1 bar per hour back to 230 bar.
Depending on pressure be are 20 or 30 good shots possible.

Pellet speeds:
JSB King 1,645g (25,39gr) 210ms (689fps) = 36Joule
JSB King Heavy 2,2g (33,95gr) 170ms (557fps)
The JSB Kings are more accurate then the heavys!
Spread is max. 3-5fps

Groups of 82 and 100 yards with the Kings by 4-6 mph wind.
Under 55yards you have 1/2inch groups.

The silencer has more volume than the older models, and is very efficient.
The Leyla is ca. 5% quieter than the Vulcan in .22 and backyard friendly.

The pressure gauge is WIKA made and very accurate.
The dust cap is easy to remove by pulling.
(to relieve the pressure from the Gun, turns to the gauge something out)

The Gun itself has very good quality and the walnut stock is very nice.
The loading system itself is easy to cock.

But you have to be familiar with the setting otherwise you have a blow back.
On the back is a small worm screw with which you can adjust the loding bolt.
The loding bolt has a foot on the bottom and this foot must engage otherwise the bolt will be pushed back from the compressed air by shot.
If you have the right adjustment found, secure the worm screw with some Loctite.

To remove the cover you must strike out the pins.

The transfer hole and all other parts are well polished and have no sharp edges.
If you polished the sharpe edges (in the photo) the issue with the O- rings is resolved.

to be continued...

Reactions: cubo
Wow, that is a big caliber for such a small gun. Very good accuracy, I am impressed. The fact that it looses pressure is surprising to me, 5-10 bar when filled to 300 bar is ok, due to temperature change but 20 bar if filled up to 250 is weird. I fill the Walther cylinder of my Diana P1000 to 300 bar and I rarely see it loosing pressure even after weeks. Max I saw was about 10 bar in cold weather. 

"Lou"Wow, that is a big caliber for such a small gun. Very good accuracy, I am impressed. The fact that it looses pressure is surprising to me, 5-10 bar when filled to 300 bar is ok, due to temperature change but 20 bar if filled up to 250 is weird. I fill the Walther cylinder of my Diana P1000 to 300 bar and I rarely see it loosing pressure even after weeks. Max I saw was about 10 bar in cold weather.
I had a leak in the valve seat.
I have the valve seat with steel wool polisht and now it holds 300 bar pressure.

The dimensions of the O- rings are:
4x 18x3mm NBR70
1x 8x1,5mm NBR70
1x 5x1,5mm NBR70
2x 4x1mm NBR70
1x 4x2,5mm NBR70

The accuracy has me also very surprised!
Today I hit a Mallard at 167 yards by no Wind.

"KenSkylight"
"Lou"Wow, that is a big caliber for such a small gun. Very good accuracy, I am impressed. The fact that it looses pressure is surprising to me, 5-10 bar when filled to 300 bar is ok, due to temperature change but 20 bar if filled up to 250 is weird. I fill the Walther cylinder of my Diana P1000 to 300 bar and I rarely see it loosing pressure even after weeks. Max I saw was about 10 bar in cold weather.
I have the valve seat with steel wool polisht and now it holds 300 bar pressure.

4x 18x3mm NBR70
1x 8x1,5mm NBR70
1x 5x1,5mm NBR70
2x 4x1mm NBR70
1x 4x2,5mm NBR70

The manufacturer states a fill pressure of 210 bar and you are filling to 300 bar? That's not a wise idea IMHO.

B.t.w. Why are you shooting at ducks with an airgun? You know it's illegal in Germany right? Besides that, with such a low powered gun, it's impossible to make a well placed, humane kill shot at that distance. 

@weatherby
The air tank has just about the same wall thickness as the Cricket and the Cricket has been tested up to 420bar.

I not wanted to tell you have fill up to 300 bar just that it is possible!!!
Sorry for that, my mistake.

I hunt not in Germany.
The pellet has at 167 yards 12 J.
And has penetrated the duck completely through, clean kill.

By the way.
12J are more than some shotgun shell pellet has to hunt/kill ducks.

"KenSkylight"@weatherby
The air tank has just about the same wall thickness as the Cricket and the Cricket has been tested up to 420bar.

I wanted to tell you have fill up to 300 bar just that it is possible!!!
Sorry for that, my mistake.

I hunt not in Germany.
The pellet has at 167 yards 12 J.
And has penetrated the duck completely through, clean kill.

By the way.
12J are more than some shotgun shell pellet has to hunt/kill ducks.
Could be, I'm not an expert, but make sure the Edgun and Cricket are using the same alloy.
There are a lot of alloys in the aluminum world, and it doesn't show from the outside🙂 There are alu alloys with the tensile strenght of steel, and alloys as soft as butter.
And yes, 12 joule is not to be underestimated, I'm sure it hurts like a sb when you got hit by that😁
Nice little Eddie you've got there, looks cute but it sure delivers.

"weatherby"
"KenSkylight"

4x 18x3mm NBR70
1x 8x1,5mm NBR70
1x 5x1,5mm NBR70
2x 4x1mm NBR70
1x 4x2,5mm NBR70

The manufacturer states a fill pressure of 210 bar and you are filling to 300 bar? That's not a wise idea IMHO.

B.t.w. Why are you shooting at ducks with an airgun? You know it's illegal in Germany right? Besides that, with such a low powered gun, it's impossible to make a well placed, humane kill shot at that distance.
I hunt waterfowl with my .22 and .177 airguns at long ranges all the time, they are so much more effective than shotguns, actually one of the reasons I got into airguns is because I had so many birds stay injured after hunting them with shotguns. With airguns its more effective and humane that it will ever be with shotguns. My maximum range is 150 meters even though I could go further.

I didn't know they had a .25 Leyla. The power looks low. Is that the US specs or a toned down model for the Russian market? it seems more like pistol performance.

I can't decide if I like the Leyla styling. I think I don't but it might grow on me. 

Does anyone one know if Edgun has a US distributor yet? When I was in the market for a bullpup they were still hard to get as they had to be smuggled out of Russia in someone's ass or something...