EDgun Leyla 2.0 / RTI Prophet Compact

If I was going to be pesting and it didn’t involve long range bipod bombing, it’s a no contest. I’ll carry my Lelya every time. Don’t think the Lelya won’t match the accuracy of the RTI, it will. But it’s the anti-bipod gun. Shot count is less but who cares. You can cock it from either side depending on your situation. My Lelya is my night time mouse gun. I shoot mice off my woodpile that’s 39yrds away. Got this little guy last night. Either way, both guns will get the job done. If you like to play with reg settings and tuning, the RTI might make you happier. 
5A605F00-B713-4469-A749-6F1E96BD6D4C.1640744307.jpeg

Reactions: ChickenDumpling
I don’t have the leyla but have the R5m standard and a prophet proformance. Both are accurate the eddy has a built in moderator that works well. The prophet has only a shrouded barrel and is louder, needed a riser to see through scope on the prophet without cranking my neck. You can single load the prophet easier. 
My questions would be how much does length matter sticking a mod on the rti takes away from the small factor some. One thing I like about the RTI is they do not look like a firearm. More paintball ish at least to me. As far as quality goes you really can’t go wrong with either.

Hello wanted to do the same but could not find a Leyla in 22 cal so got the Leshiy 2 instead and very happy with that choice. I do have a RTI priest standard that I am also very happy with. The RTI is probably the most accurate gun I have BUT my experience has been that it is impact sensitive it has taken a few bumps and does not take much to knock it out of zero especially when the shroud was bumped. Well that is just my experience Eric

One thing I will say, is that two weeks in the Prophet Compact I have is impressing the hell out of me and I like how easy the gun is to tune. I seriously love all I hear about the Leyla 2.0 but so happy I went with the Prophet Performance Compact. I currently have a 177 barrel kit, 22 to be sent within the week. The 177 is a CZ barrel and praying the 22 is too. Today I took a collared dove at 64 yards with a 177 Hades pellet. This is only my 3rd day shooting the gun. One thing the RTI will have over the Edgun, the trigger, and I prefer a more traditional safety, which the Leyla doesn’t have. I had a Leshiy 2 and it is a great gun, my buddy Alex of Air Rifle Activities has nothing but praise for it for a stalking / hunter gun.

B02DBA6D-D67B-4513-93E9-5BFAAA1E7B0B.1640747287.jpeg
CFD98482-59DF-4783-B5EE-1117B32FCCCF.1640747288.jpeg

I currently own both guns in .22 cal.

While the Lelya is a little shorter, the RTI is a little lighter, but...I'd say that it's about a 50%-50% tossup.

The RTI, I believe is a touch lighter, but the Lelya is MUCH tougher. I assume that you've seen Ed...from...Edgun, run over one of his Lelya 2's with his truck (visit YouTube)..? So, in that vein, for tromping around in the brush, and back woods, the Lelya would be the definite choice. If your travels are more sedate, and not likely to being dropped, or you tripping on brush or fallen trees...it's back to a 50%-50% tossup.

Mike

Thanks for all the input guys. I have a leshiy classic I really like it but would like to have the ability to have faster follow up shots. I think I'll try get my hands on a leyla will the .22 cal handle raccoons or should I go .25 cal. Thanks

Raccoons require a head shot from all calibers so it really doesn’t matter. A .25 doesn’t suddenly let you body shoot a raccoon, even with slugs. You should probably just check the velocity and shot count for both calibers then make a decision. That’s where the RTI has an advantage. Should you decide that tonight is raccoon night, you can refer to your notes and quickly turn the gun up and shoot the 25gr .22 pellets. I’ve shot plenty with 18gr pellets but having the extra skull busting capabilities of a 25gr pellet in either caliber is nice. Raccoons are seriously tough.

Unfortunately it’s the anti-bag gun also. But once you use it in real world hunting situations that aren’t suited for lying behind a bipod, all is forgiven. I can get it situated in the bags to scrutinize different pellets, slugs and to establish a good zero. But it’s not something I would want to do for any length of time shooting holes in paper. It’s just a killing machine. Plain and simple. 

I am also interested in Leyla 2.0 and doing some research on it. I appears it now comes with Alfa Precision barrels, I never heard of that brand of barrel and how does it stack up against CZ and LW barrels?

I would say that if Ed puts it in his gun, it stacks up. I don’t think he’s the type of guy who takes steps backwards.