• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Edgun leyla 2.0 Lame....review

1578452875_19295968675e15478b3baff7.39641452_318A3315-652A-44CC-B385-E0D990718BB5.jpeg
So finally got the larue mounted, it is a nice piece. So my final thoughts on the leyla. The forward straight bolt is a really nice feature. For a hunting rifle, to be able to quickly reload without disturbing sight picture is really nice. The ergonomics is great for off hand shooting. The trigger is good, not great but you get used to it very quickly. It’s quiet and small , with the bat, no additional moderator really needed. The magazine disconnect takes time to get used to, but to be able to decock a chambered round is nice. It is pricey and overly built, some of the finishing could be better( stock and small pieces) , but overall I am very impressed and happy. It has made several rifles obsolete. The quick reload is evident in how many targets I can get, compared to the leshiy. The power in .25 is a great asset.

No flyzone007, sorry for the late response, I use a roll top Patagonia bag with foam backing to cushion and add support to take the rifle out easier. I like the grey man theory, I like off the shelf non mil spec, no tactical anything. I also have an eberlestock s35 that is really large, fits almost every rifle I have. I have heard the eberlestock cherrybomb and the edgun packs are nice. My top compartment holds a rangefinder, binoculars, ammo, mags, small pack of baby wipes, camo face mask, small tools, permanent marker and sheets of small paper(marker and paper are for quick in the field zero check). Main bag only holds rifle and a small monopod. Hope this helps. 
1589744819_16924214615ec194b34e3674.16575093.jpeg

So to update my post, the leyla 2.0 is the one rifle in my quiver that just keeps getting better and better for me. But to be specific, I thought long and hard about this rifle and my needs after going through many other air rifles. Like a military contract, my main criteria’s are, compact, accurate, quiet, powerful, .25 caliber, fast reload time, easy to service, very durable, and a proven design. The leyla has served me well as a tool. It isn’t for punching paper. It won’t win ebr. It does take care of the crazy amounts of squirrels that go nuts around the property. Well, a picture is worth a thousand words, so here we go. All shots are head shots, from 22 yds. And yeah, even though I hunt around the forests and river beds once in a while, the main purpose of the leyla is squirrel eradication using a bait(peanuts). I don’t disturb the blue jays or any other critters that eat the peanuts, just squirrels that debark the trees, eat all the bird eggs and try and nest under the solar panels. The edgun just gets better with use, the trigger and action have definitely gotten much smoother and the off hand shooting is awesome. I haven’t changed any settings from factory and it likes edgun pellets and polymags.

Mod edit. Graphic photos deleted. Hunting section only.