EDgun Edgun Leyla 2.0 .177 Huma reg question

While never having a Lelya, I've been inside a R5M Standard .177, .22, Long .22 and Super Long .30. All have had the same regs. Don't see why there would be any difference as I believe the Lelya 2.0 uses the same reg as them in all calibers. Unless im misreading what you mean.
No, you read it correctly. I’ve just heard recently that it wasn’t as simple in the 177 as it was in the 22 and 25, which made zero sense to me seeing as how they are all the same regulators.

Reactions: Dairyboy
I was thinking about picking up a Leyla in .177 and like all my rifles, dropping a Huma regulator in it. From doing a bit of research, all I’ve found is that this isn’t a straight drop in like it is in .22 and .25. Can anyone confirm or deny this?
DO I get this correct ?
You are going to change the regulator...just cause ? No real reason ? You don't even know if a particular gun that you may buy has a bad regulator ?

I've had my Lelya 2 for over three years now... Guess what, NO...regulator leaking (or creap as some like to call it), continuous shots are in a nice straight line. All with...the ORIGINAL regulator..!!

Do you change the engine in a new car too ?

Mike

DO I get this correct ?
You are going to change the regulator...just cause ? No real reason ? You don't even know if a particular gun that you may buy has a bad regulator ?

I've had my Lelya 2 for over three years now... Guess what, NO...regulator leaking (or creap as some like to call it), continuous shots are in a nice straight line. All with...the ORIGINAL regulator..!!

Do you change the engine in a new car too ?

Mike
No, you didn’t even come remotely close to getting it “correct”.

I change things because i want to, but mainly because I enjoy knowing exactly what my reg is set at and Humas for me, have always been rock solid. I invested in a Huma reg tester some time back because I don’t like guessing games.

I never said Ed’s regulators were bad or inconsistent. Matter of fact, I know his are great, but again, it can’t be tested for pin point accuracy.

So I’m assuming you could have just answered the question with “I have no idea the answer to your question, but I’ll give you my opinion on changing out regulators in new rifles”.

Did I get that last part correct?

Tim

Last edited:
Here is the reg in question. .177 lelya purchased in january of this year. The .25 cal is older. The newer reg is not threaded, just a press fit into the plenum/spacer with an o ring. The threads on the valve housing (to accept the plenum/spacer) are different as well. I assumed that new regs were rolled out somewhere along the line.

IMG_4148.jpg
IMG_3809.jpg

Reactions: SMH and Ezana4CE
I would like to add something. My original Lelya reg was a non creeper. It was fantastic while it worked. But my gun doesn’t get shot constantly. It seemed like every time I grabbed the gun, a oring had failed inside the reg and the gun was unregulated. I jumped to a 90 duro oring and the problem didn’t go away. So I installed a Huma. Gun has been fine ever since. I had no intention of putting a Huma in that gun but was forced to.

Reactions: Dairyboy and SMH
The reg that came out of my gun looks exactly like the the reg in the picture marked .25. The reg and plenum in the picture marked .177 looks more like a first gen Lelya reg. Just take your gun apart and see what’s in there. The tube has a degass screw and the whole job only takes a few minutes.
Yeah, I’ve got a 25 and it’s super easy. I don’t have the 177 to take apart, which is the reason for the question.