EDGUN LESHIY

Compact, lightweight and accurate. Good for small game to maybe 60 yards, optimum range is probably 40-45 yds, at least the way mine is set up. There are a limited number of shots unless you carry a refill tank.

The original Leshiy doesn't have a .30 cal version, although a few guys have done .30 mods. The Leshiy 2 isn't out yet, so there is no basis for comparing the .30 and .25 cal versions. 

I personally take mine on hikes and in my backpack when I go camping. Ed designed the leshiy to be a hunting gun first and foremost and thats exactly what I wanted when I got it. I don’t have to ever worry about my poi being off when I take it out of my backpack, the same can’t be said for most traditional rifles. Plus it’s super lightweight which is perfect for when you are out in the field for a whole day (day hiking) or multiple (camping). Since I got my leshiy I can’t see myself ever going back to a traditional rifle for my outings. Like acourvil said the leshiy ideally is a 50 yards and under gun, however you could likely stretch it out a bit further but expect your hit probability to drop substantially the further you take it. Where I live there’s a lot of thorns and prickly stuff on the ground so I’m limited to offhand shooting. The leshiy is a perfect fit with range since I only really feel comfortable taking offhand shots on small game up to 50 yards since the kill zone is only roughly an inch. The air tank on the leshiy is super small so unless you plan on setting your leshiy up with a double tube like some have I would recommend the 25. For me personally though I like the lightweight setup of the original so I am personally against adding extra bulk. Some people are put off by the single shot capability of the leshiy but when your out in the field (in real hunting scenarios and not pesting) realistically you usually only get 1 shot on a critter since they are so skittish. Hope this answers your question, you can pm me if you have any other questions. 

The Leshiy is one of those guns that you fall in love with as soon as you hold it in your hands. Extremely well-made and a lot of fun to shoot. Like @JadedC said, the POI doesn't shift and that means a lot. I bought mine out of curiosity, not because I needed another airgun. Now I take it everywhere. Whether I'm planning to shoot or not, I throw it in with my essentials on every trip. Even with the long barrel, it fits into any backpack and is light enough that I don't notice it.

Mine is a .25 and it groups consistently at 50 yards. Let me rephrase that... I get consistent groups with it at 50 yards. The reason I say that is because this rifle is capable of more, but that is where the light weight works against me. You can use a Leshiy for longer range in the same way you can go backpacking with a benchrest rifle, it can get the job done but you have to put in more effort.

I love that it is single-shot. It is a forcing mechanism that makes me slow down and pay more attention to what I'm doing. I think single-shot aligns perfectly with the design of this rifle. It reminds me that perfection is when there is nothing left to remove.

My advice is to avoid the .30 due to low shot count and because the Leshiy is less fun to shoot (jarring) with higher hammer spring tension. The .25 gives you 15 relatively flat shots and hits pretty hard at 760 fps. Whichever way you go, I look forward to hearing your opinion on it!

Kevin.

I actually prefer mine with the .22 or .177 set up. I have to admit I have not tried the .25 barrel just yet. My personal thoughts on going into a larger caliber is that you will get less shots in general. I also prefer a projectile with a bit more speed, another reason I have not went into a bigger pellet. I start getting into the 700s and Im not in my personal tastes. I know there are a bunch out there that have gotten increased FPS but from what I can tell it requires the longer barrel. My current setup is in .177 shooting the 13 grain JSBs at 844 fps. At 40 - 60 yards the smack on a bird is rather loud. Sounds like a much larger projectile then what it is. Hell a sparrow sounds like it pops, even at that distance. Also getting 21 shots in .177. I run this setup with the 250mm barrel. I prefer the compact nature of the Leshiy and rather not add any more length with the 350mm barrel. Single shot is something I dont mind and as mentioned above it sort of forces you to make sure the shot counts. Its also dam accurate for its size. In the end I reach for my Leshiy more then my other PCPs most of the time. Its a simple compact airgun that is straight forward with it having nothing but a hammer spring adjustment unless you want to crack it open and adjust the regulator. No messing with the trigger or anything. Well, not sure about the trigger mod that some do. Honestly I like the stock trigger myself but feel it needs some time to sort of break in. I have not noticed the trigger creep that others have talked about. For what the Leshiy is it works well.

The leshiy 2 I think fills a different niche compared to the original. If I were to get the leshiy 2 I would still keep the original. Considering how much more complex the gun is idk how I would feel about tossing it in my backpack and going out into dirty/dusty environments. I would personally use it more as a bench gun because I think that’s where the semi auto feature would shine more. However with the price of the 2 being roughly 1k more idk if I would be willing to spend that much when I could get an impact. Personally there aren’t many times where I felt like having a semi auto feature would be that much more advantageous. It would likely be a lot of fun, but at the same time I have great fun with all my rifles. I’m glad I got an original leshiy and it’s a gun I will never part with. The leshiy 2 would be a gun I got after I filled out the rest of my collection.

For me the Leshiy 2 just has to many moving parts. I was considering getting one but still dont know because of a few things related to its design. I hardly see it as a replacement to the original. It having a mag fed system that starts to lech air out when the trigger is slowly pulled just seems like a bad design in a way. Thats just my opinion though, but I dont want to have to pull the trigger quickly in order to have it work properly. Also the magazine having that retaining ring thing just seems like something that could be lost far to easy if out in the bush. That price tag. For what it is. No thanks. Im not a collector as I see the Leshiy 2 more of just that. A collectors item. Dont get me wrong, I love EDguns, but this is just how I feel and my opinion may not matter to some and thats fine. It is just my take on the L2 anyway. If I decided to get one I would wait until a second gen is released and then go from there.