Edgun Leshiy

The Leshiy Classic is a VERY nice First Leshiy although lighter and slightly more compact to conceal in a back pack IMO the Leshiy 2 Semi Automatic is hands down a better platform for adaptability in power and OH soooooo much fun to shoot FAST as you can pull the trigger 8 shots while still able to fold it in half at only 6 lbs. Sold the Classic and never looked back.

When I owned a blue Leshiy Classic, one setup I had was for coyote hunting only. Using the .25 x 350mm barrel and 34gr JSB pellets, I got the rifle to put out 54 to 55 ft-lbs for 7 to 8 shots. It was a little beast at that tune!
Wow. I'm guessing you had the reg ^and* the HS maxed out?

This one shoots great at 26 ft lbs with 15.9's

Leshiy.jpg

So in a 25 cal,,, how much noise difference between the 250 and the 350?

This might depend on things like your dwell-time, but provided you don't have an insane dwell time you'd expect the gun to be roughly 0.2 decibels quieter when going from a 250mm to 350mm barrel, if you don't change anything else. So not a hell of a lot quieter, but it's something.

That said, often people choose longer barrels so they can conserve air but get the same ballistics. In that case you'd probably turn your regulator down, and you could probably get a more significant benefit on the noise front.

That said, often people choose longer barrels so they can conserve air but get the same ballistics. In that case you'd probably turn your regulator down, and you could probably get a more significant benefit on the noise front.

Or you can leave the regulator where it was and only turn down the HST. To my ear this has an even more significant effect on sound than re-tuning the reg and HST to the longer barrel. This is not without some compromises but it is something to consider if a quiet tune is the goal.

Scouty
What are the consequences?
I’m wanting a backyard friendly pest gun
My steyr pro xworks but would like something a little more powerful and a little longer range. Had a classic in 22 I acquired in this deal but needed to sell to finishing funding loved it
My plan is to keep steyr for plinking and little pests get a Leshiy classic In 25 for little to medium size and a huben in 25 for large pest

Scouty
What are the consequences?
I’m wanting a backyard friendly pest gun
My steyr pro xworks but would like something a little more powerful and a little longer range. Had a classic in 22 I acquired in this deal but needed to sell to finishing funding loved it
My plan is to keep steyr for plinking and little pests get a Leshiy classic In 25 for little to medium size and a huben in 25 for large pest

When I have had Leshiy Classics set up below 95% of the first velocity spike the biggest thing I noticed was spikes in speed when coming off the regulator. One just has to know their gauge and when to stop shooting. This was not a problem for me.

In one case I seemed to have slight regulator creep and if the gun had sat for a while the first shot would be a bit slow. Out of habit I now dry fire a couple of shots before shooting at a pest if a gun has sat a while.

Energy spread will not be as good but I have never paid much attention to this so I can't really say how bad it is.

How much power do you need this Leshiy to have?

Well lol 35-40 fpe? I want humane hits on squirrels

One of the Leshiy Classics I bought came to me shooting 34 FPE. 25 cal, 350mm barrel. Regulator set at 110 bar.

The first velocity peak was 895 FPS so the 95% tune would have been around 855 FPS. So it came to me set around 85% of the first velocity peak.

It was fairly quiet with both the STO insert as well as the 50mm extended Akula. Certainly quieter than impact. It probably was still quieter than impact with the factory insert as well.

I didn't leave it there for long so I can't really comment on accuracy, consistency, etc.

U turn it up or down? I found a used 25/250 for $1100 just want to make sure it is what I want
Big savings over what I actually want new

With that particular Leshiy the previous owner had it set to 85% of the first velocity peak. I didn't change anything except for turning it up to 95% of the first velocity peak. Only HST adjustments in that case. Didn't leave it there for long and adjusted the reg down and tuned it much lower. I think that gun has the full sub-12 kit in it now, although still shooting well over 20 FPE.

If you really need 35 or more FPE I'm not sure a short barreled Leshiy Classic is the best choice unless the form factor works for you. I think the Leshiy is a great tree squirrel gun but with a short barrel and getting up close to 800 FPS it gets jumpy for me.

Don't get me wrong, I think the 25/250 barrel is my favorite configuration but only if you keep it around 20 to 24 FPE.

Is it hard to add different moderator? To tune it? Is it a 10 minute job to change tune or an all day

Installing a different moderator/insert is easy.

One exception is the Akula moderators as they seem just a bit pickier with alignment. I actually use a brass rod wrapped with masking tape as an alignment tool for those but even then it's an easy job.

Leshiy Classics are very easy to tune. Just regulator adjustments and HST. The HST is indexed on the Leshiy so it's very easy to return to previous settings and those HST settings have been consistent for me.

Initially tuning a Leshiy can take more than ten minutes, however, especially if you're trying to get an exact speed with a certain pellet and trying to avoid off regulator spikes. In that case it can take a few tries to get find the right regulator setting.