• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Edgun Leshiy

I am really fascinated with the Leshiy Classic. Selling a powder burner at the local gun show today i now have the cash . 

What does everybody think of this air gun ? And NO i am not interested in other guns for the same money . 

Thankyou in advance for any info .

Stan in KY 

THANKS ALL i will order tomorrow AM 

update : 4/11 @ 7 AM just bought the used one in .25 from AOA , big thanks to B33 for the heads up msg.

The Leshiy was the first PCP gun that got my attention. It made me realize how lovely a good PCP gun could be. I was still hesitant to purchase a PCP because of all of the other things you have to purchase: the overhead of bottles or a pump, or both, etc. 

It was this AAR review that drove home the points to me: https://youtu.be/oHtLNf48BgY

Other than the dialogue, seeing the gun folded-up barely any wider than his torso. That was amazing. 

I was doing a pretty good job resisting the purchase, but then the Leshiy 2 came out and pushed me over the edge. My bank account has never recovered. 

Four of my five PCPs are Leshiy Classics. My other is a P-rod that I don't shoot. 

I intended to have three but bought a parts gun & got it working. Super easy to work on. Easy to tune.

I hike nearly everyday & just don't notice one in my backpack. That's the main thing I like about it.

I don't set any of mine up for high power but I do like that if a Marmot moves back in under our retaining wall I can quickly adjust it for high power with a few hex keys. 

There will be no other air rifles like this one. I sold my first Leshiy because I wanted to buy Fx Impact. It never gave me such fun so I sold Impact and bought Leshiy again. This one I sold because I wanted to buy Matador r5m. Matador appeared to be great rifle so I left it but still missed Leshiy. Finally I raised funds for third Leshiy and this one is not going anywhere ;-) 

Leshiys simplicity, reliability, build quality and accuracy puts this rifle above all I had. Looking at Leshiy 2 I see totally different philosophy, the rifle is more complexed, I see it as a fancy and delicate toy, not a versatile and reliable tool that survival rifle should be. You’d better hurry and buy Leshiy classic now as it is not produced anymore. Soon you’ll have to hunt for used one. 

Leshiys simplicity, reliability, build quality and accuracy puts this rifle above all I had. Looking at Leshiy 2 I see totally different philosophy, the rifle is more complexed, I see it as a fancy and delicate toy, not a versatile and reliable tool that survival rifle should be. You’d better hurry and buy Leshiy classic now as it is not produced anymore. Soon you’ll have to hunt for used one.

I can tell you that L2 is the same way build quality and it is not complicated at all. Yes, it is unusual, not the classical PCP gun everybody used to. But when one tryes to get it to know he can find how easy and simple it is built and how easy it is to be serviced in case of neccesety. The same way as Leshiy classic (classic, wow my guns started to be a classic one :) )

Ed, it is the way I see it. My personal opinion. L2 is not for me. I did not write anything about build quality of L2. I am sure it is ok like all Edgun before. I feel confident with my L1 - I can disassemble L1 in 3 minutes, tune it and put it back together in two minutes, in the field, at night, in the rain… it is the rifle I searched for. 

The original Leshiy is clearly a far simpler design. Just count the o-rings. So it is easier to maintain.

I read somewhere (forget where) that EdGun wanted to call the Leshiy 2 by a different name, since it wasn't really fair to think of one as an update on the other. Maybe it should have been called the self-indexing Leshiy, "Leshiy SI". 

The original Leshiy we can't get here in Canada, as far as I know. Perhaps someone will import one, eventually. If I had to choose between the two I don't know which I'd pick.

There have been some recent threads from a Classic Leshiy owner in Canada. We've messaged a bit & as I recall his was purchased with no moderator & the shroud extension was bonded on. As I understand it that made it legal.

Interesting, I can't imagine the hassle getting that through Customs. As far as I know, it isn't available from any Canadian storefronts. 

There have been some recent threads from a Classic Leshiy owner in Canada. We've messaged a bit & as I recall his was purchased with no moderator & the shroud extension was bonded on. As I understand it that made it legal.

Interesting, I can't imagine the hassle getting that through Customs. As far as I know, it isn't available from any Canadian storefronts. 

I'm pretty sure he bought it used in that form, for what it is worth. I assume from a Canadian owner.

It's such a coincidence that this thread was started. Just yesterday, I dusted off my Leshiy Classic and tuned it to a lower power. I haven't shot it in awhile due to other new airguns I've been messing with. While I do have the L2 as well, there's just something about the Leshiy Classic that I enjoy whenever I shoot it.

20191015_151706.1649633946.jpg

20200310_200020.1649634137.jpg

Reactions: Leon83
Ed, it is the way I see it. My personal opinion. L2 is not for me. I did not write anything about build quality of L2. I am sure it is ok like all Edgun before. I feel confident with my L1 - I can disassemble L1 in 3 minutes, tune it and put it back together in two minutes, in the field, at night, in the rain… it is the rifle I searched for.

I can do the same with L2 and even easier :) I don't pursuade you in L2, I am just sayiing what I think, like ordinary user of the gun. 

Have never really looked into things, but how much power can you get from a .25 and how many shots? Like I mentioned it would be fun to take kayaking camping this summer. As I keep eying that one over at AOA. Trying to justify the purchase of another EdGun :D

Old quotes from Wingman-nz, one of the Leshiy Classic front runners and designer of the huma reg 12 ft/lbs kit:

This is the typical performance you can expect from a .25cal Leshiy with 25.4gr kings:

250mm barrel: 12-13 shots at 760fps
350mm barrel kit: 12-13 shots at 810fps

Its really only the .25cal that greatly benefits from a longer barrel, the .177 ,20 and .22 cals are plenty efficient enough with the 250mm barrel.