Edgun Leshiy info and tips for new user

Scouty - I don't think the calculator takes into air loss in the fill hose nor pressure lost through heat. You know, ya fill the tank and it's at x bar and after it cools it drops 10-20 bar. I think smaller tank suffer from heat losses more than bigger tanks, but I have nothing imperical to back that up. Best thing is to fill slowly which will help mitigate heat buildup. Joe's valves are designed to slow down the filling process which they do through basically a leaky check valve. 

Also - OP, consider that when you get a fill at a dive shop it will not always be to 4500psi. I filled for a few months at a dive shop and left with fills anywhere from 3800 to 4500. Sometimes they would let it cool a bit and top it off, other time they'd give it to me warm after the first fill. Just depends on who you got in the shop. Needless to say it was 45 minutes out of my way and it got old quick so I just bought a compressor.

If all you are using is the Leshiy and a Great White tank I think you'll have some fun shooting for a while between fills. 

Reactions: Romy
Scouty - I don't think the calculator takes into air loss in the fill hose nor pressure lost through heat. You know, ya fill the tank and it's at x bar and after it cools it drops 10-20 bar. I think smaller tank suffer from heat losses more than bigger tanks, but I have nothing imperical to back that up. Best thing is to fill slowly which will help mitigate heat buildup. Joe's valves are designed to slow down the filling process which they do through basically a leaky check valve.

I was wondering about that. I figured those losses would add up more in a smaller tank that needs to be filled more often. 

By the way, what is considered "slow"? When I fill my Leshiy I sure feel like I'm going slow. I'll have to time it next time. 

Not sure if my Stik Boy is slow fill but I really feather the valve on my SCBA to keep it slow. I do really like it. That & my used tank has been my most regret free PCP purchase.

download.png
1592624495_3759085915eed856fd89f24.75712412.jpg

it is very easy to reach high speed with leshiy 1.250mm & huma reg.

300 m/s possible with 18 grains

If you want to use it the air cylinder volume on the Leshiy is around 41 cc with the original regulator. With the newer Edgun regulator or the standard Huma or the sub-12 Huma the amount of air it can hold is greater.

According to Ed the reservoir volume is actually 50 bla bla bla cm3 :)

inner length from regulator to end cap 120 mm - inner diameter 24 mm, total volume 54,25 cm3

minus protruding part of regulator - length 26 mm diameter 12 mm (average), total volume 2,9 cm3

1592639012_16244370065eedbe2495c127.58950303.JPG

I don't even give a second thought about the internal volume of the Leshiy's air tank. All I know is that I get a sh%t load of fills from my Great White tank and the second gauge helps to know if I'm running low on air. I'd be more concerned about calculating total fills if I was shooting a big bore.

Good for you but its not about you - its about Liontracks asking how many fill from a given tank volume and in that sense your sh%t load is not very useful - but 51.35 compared to 41 cm3 makes a difference

By the way, what is considered "slow"? When I fill my Leshiy I sure feel like I'm going slow. I'll have to time it next time.

I recall reading on Joe's website that their slow-fill valve would fill a Marauder rifle from something like 1000psi to 3000psi in 20 seconds. In the HW44 manual it states to not fill from 120 - 200 bar any faster than 20-30 seconds to avoid heat damaging internal parts. My opinion is if you feather the valve and don't just dump air into the gun you'll be okay. Joe's valve will still fill a very small air tank quite quickly so you still need to feather the throttle a bit.

If I'm understanding your question correctly you need to slide the collar circled in yellow back and then insert the back of the probe adapter (circled in red). Then release the collar.

Is that not working?

1592666405_4122167305eee29257981e1.36744694.png

I'm going to say that the piece circled in yellow is not a Foster QD, but rather a 1/8" BSP. If so you'll need to screw off the black piece circled in red from the brass probe and screw the brass probe directly into the 1/8" BSP fitting.

If I am wrong, what Scouty said is perfectly accurate.

There is a scuba shop close by that fills up to 4500. If I get the great white, how many fills will it give on the leshiey ?

To finish this with the correct leshiy tank volume number, I put in fill to max 280 bar, refill at the factory regulator setting of 130 bar - if your hammer spring setting is spot on you will get more useful unregulated shots down to 120-115 bar or so

..and likewise more fills if you fill to factory max at 300 bar but may be harder on the o-rings

1592667151_3329755545eee2c0f69fc39.92938829.JPG

Thanks Scouty and ctshooter,

I removed the black nipple and now the brass probe screwd into the pump fitting.

When I insert the filling probe into the filling port, it goes in and out loosely, does not click in place. Is this how it supposed to be?

Yes, the pressure builds up between the two o-rings and holds the adapter in place, just be sure to put it all the way in

I appreciate you guys being here,

Please look at the photo. At the bottom there are the hose from the MK4 pump and the connector that came with Leshiy. 

What part do I need to connect the two? 

On top there is a Pardini K12 cylinder and 3 adapters that came with it. 2 of the adapters look like the same. Same question.

Thanks!

1592665122_16575075275eee2422ec9699.38026980.JPG

Liontracks - looking at those Pardini adapters it looks like either the middle or bottom on is a DIN300 adapter. Assuming you have the Great White with Joe's valve you just unscrew the DIN300 to Foster QD from the valve, screw in the Pardini adapter and then screw the Pardini tank into that.

Note - if the output on your air tanks valve is different than DIN300, please post a picture.

CtShooter, 

The middle and the bottom adapters look the same to me, cant tell the difference. The Pardini came with two cylinders so maybe that's why. 

I am in the process of buying a compressor, but for now I want to use the pump. 

So now the question is, if the adapter is a DIN300 and the fitting on the pump is a 1/8" BSP how do you connect the two?

Dang - it looks like you are in for a bunch of adapters to make this work. First thing I would do is get a 1/8" BSP to Foster QD and install it on the pump. 

https://www.trenieroutdoors.com/gear/pcp-filling/huma-air-female-quick-disconnect-with-1-8-bspp-threads-2/

Then you will be able to use the Leshiy fill probe with the QD adapter as it came pictured.

For the Pardini you will then need the two following parts to build an adapter with a QD fitting:

http://www.northshorecompressor.com/products/17B477D422-F-NPT-x-DIN-300-F.html

http://www.northshorecompressor.com/copy-of-1-4-quick-connect-nipple/

Hope this is helpful.