• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Edgun Leshiy Huma Reg need help

So I've had my Gen2 Leshiy for about 3 weeks now and I've been very impressed with it. I did do some very basic tuning without having a chronograph, just using the EDMU last shot air usage feature to try and get more efficiency. 

Yesterday I had my first opportunity to shoot the gun over a chronograph, and it was an eye opening experience. I had my Huma Reg set to 110 bar, with hst 10 clicks off minimum(I have a 350mm barrel) shooting the Edgun 18.1 gr pellets. This was based off someone elses posted tune which they claimed went 910 fps for 28 shots. 

First shot over the chronograph went 670fps, then settled in to 760 fps. I was shocked it was that low. Even more shocking was what the gun did as the reservoir pressure neared the reg setting. Velocity jumped from 760 all the way to 860fps for the last 5 shots that according to the EDMU were still on the regulator. 

With this, I tried Brian's method of slowly turning the hst up until I found the first velocity peak, then dialing it back 10-15fps. I found the first peak at 16 clicks from minimum, with observed speed of 915 fps. I dialed one click back and observed a very consistent 900 fps, with velocity dropping once the gun came off the reg, which some have said is ideal. 

I thought I had found the same performance as the tune that I had seen posted, however after filling the gun back up(250 bar) and shooting a string, I only got 14 shots before the velocity fell off drastically off the reg. With only half the shots as what I had seen posted I was disappointed, and decided to try adjusting the reg up to 120 bar. 

When I took the regulator out today, I noticed something interesting. There was a machined cut for an o-ring on the base, with no oring installed. I thought I had my eureka moment, however a quick search of the lehsiy Huma regulators on Google showed no 2nd cut, just the one oring on the top. Further confusing me was the image I found on huma's instruction page with a regulator machined the same as mine, with o rings installed in both slots. 
d249298c6dd1937b04d6bcc605adaf1a.jpg
my regulator
a7e9509e7f0dda27b31f2e034695d6f8.jpg

I'm looking for feedback from other Leshiy owners with huma regulators whether or not this is normal, if the missing o ring matters, and if my performance expectations are unreasonable. Thanks in advance for your time. 

-Sean

The micro regs are all the same. The lelya /Veles require 2 O rings because of the atmospheric breathing hole's location on the air tube. Huub decided to make one regulator with 2 slots so they will fit both the Lelya and Leshiy without having to make 2 different runs on the CNC.
If you notice on my blog I do not mention counting clicks.Forget what anyone tells you on how many clicks they set for "X" speed. The only way to tune the gun is to watch a chronograph not count clicks.
So
1. What speed do you want
2. What pellet
3. What barrel length 
Answer those questions and ill tell you how to set the Huma 
Brian 

Ok, I just worked up a tune for you. Set the Huma at 80 BAR, HST will get about 805-807 on the correct setting. You can shoot the gun down to 60 BAR until it drops speed to 787. Should give you a high shot count. All my testing was done today, at 65 degrees at sea level so you might get slightly different numbers depending on atmospheric conditions 

Cheers
Brian

"EDgunWest"Ok, I just worked up a tune for you. Set the Huma at 80 BAR, HST will get about 805-807 on the correct setting. You can shoot the gun down to 60 BAR until it drops speed to 787. Should give you a high shot count. All my testing was done today, at 65 degrees at sea level so you might get slightly different numbers depending on atmospheric conditions 
Cheers
Brian
If I’d like to get 250m/s, barrel is 350mm, and pellet is JSB king 25.4gr,how to set the Huma?

So my chronograph arrived yesterday, and with my regulator set to 80bar I set put adjusting the hst to get to that sweet spot. At 808 fps I was only getting 14 shots, with velocity dropping off rapidly just before I came off the reg setting. 

I ended up dialing the hst back one and then 2 clicks to where my average was 790 fps, which went for 25 good shots from a 250 bar fill. It was about 40 degrees in my garage, which may explain the velocity difference. I still lost velocity rapidly, at 77 bar my velocity was 735 fps, so I won't be getting to 60 bar. 

I am ok with the performance, but obviously still no where near the power per fill that I saw described with 28 shots at 910 fps with the same pellet and barrel length. I will post the chronograph strings when i get out of work today.

--Sean

https://www.edgunwest.com/blog/tuning-the-leshiy

Check out the post above from Brian in regards to tuning the Leshiy.
I initially had trouble tuning my Matador R5 after installing the Huma reg. I was able to get it shooting like I want by going back to the basics.
I set the Huma Reg to what I wanted it, in your case 80 Bar, then backed down on the HST until it was all the way at the bottom. I went ahead and shot one shot at a time over the chrony while increasing the HST (counter-clockwise) one click at a time. I went ahead and recorded each click/FPS on a notepad to get an idea of the effect I was making on velocity. Once I reached my desired velocity I backed off the HST (clock-wise) just a tad to optimize regulator efficiency, which for you may be one or two clicks.
Then I went ahead and topped up the gun and shot a new string over the chrony to calculate shot count and velocities.

You may potentially be working on the second peak of the velocity in regards to HST (see link above) which is less efficient and likely getting you the desired velocity but poor efficiency. Hope this helps.

Shot strings from the Chrono as promised. Thinking about it logically, the dream string I saw posted on talon tunes forum is probably completely unrealistic. It's still a less than 14" barrel, with a relatively very small reservoir. The gun is a marvel for what it is, I just need to buy an R5M when they come out to compliment it. 

80 bar reg 7 clicks from min HST and 9 clicks (peak velocity) below

c43e802fdfcd571b790d1d35443e2d3c.jpg
33230b1f3253b9ced6338a9e2a1579e6.jpg

arigato said:
Hi Brian , may I know what is the good regulator setting for this I got the Huma regulator install on Leshiy 1) 250mm barrel 18.1gr JSB 800fps 2) 350mm barrel 25.4gr JSB. 780fps Thanks

Arigato, I have just received my huma and I too be interested in your findings. I have exact same barrels (250mm 0.22 and 350mm 0.25) and pellets!