EdGun Leshiy full review (after 5 months & 5K pellets)

"FearnLoading"Thanks Pietr,,, the Leshiy is my fav too in a long long time. It would be interesting to see if there are any accuracy changes using Donny set up vs the 3d insert. Am assuming the donny FL set up works only using the 250 mm barell. ? It doesn’t work using the longer 350 mm ones does it ?
If you enlarge the 2nd hole from the rear of the Donny FL insert, you can use the insert with a 350mm barrel. That's what I've done with mine and it works just fine. Donny FL might want to add the enlarged hole to his Leshiy insert, that way it can be used without modification with both the 250mm and 350mm barrels.

While I'm awaiting the arrival of my own Leshiy, I've been obsessing about replicating the look you've done here. Just in case anyone is interested, here's a list of the links needed for the custom stuff on all these pics. This was the setup I was trying to replicate.

40f1a7c7d0add20c07fb89b2a0fd9f00.jpg

Apologies in advance @piterM if your intention was to keep this little custom work to yourself ;)

Donny FL Shroud/Moderator Kit: Leshiy Extended Shroud Kit for Standard 250 mm Barrels
- I ordered mine through Utah Airguns with the gun, but the above is the direct link to Donny's Leshiy solution

custom moderator cover: http://www.armageddongear.com/Suppressor-Cover (They do custom ones, so once I get the Leshiy wednesday I’ll measure the OEM shroud with Donny’s ad-on.
- This will cover both the Donny FL moderator and the OEM shroud on the Leshily it connects to. The square(ish) shape to round donnyfl piece seemed strange to me... this makes it look like one piece, and keeps it from scratching.
- I called them, and they will make a custom version specific for this combo for no additional cost (it's already pretty expensive, but if you're spending $1K on a pellet gun who cares) 

wood grip: https://www.edgunwest.com/store/p71/Leshiy_Wood_Grip.html

- waiting for this to come back into stock, but the walnut grip looks pretty sweet IMO 

cloth adhesive: https://gearskin.eu/product/digital-woodland-regular/
- This was the only link I found within this post. It's only available directly through this companies site. What I like about it (from the pics at least as I haven't received it yet) is the texture... it's cloth, and has an adhesive... which allows for a single layer wrap. I bought some of the ace bandage stuff, and it's cool and all, but it's basically a camo ace bandage. 

grip cover (will be sweet over the wood)https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071KT1WMQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1- I think this will look and feel great over the walnut. Still lets the wood show, but gives a little rubber grip. 
- I'm not 100% it will fit, but look identical to the one in many of the images above.

I hope the rats appreciate this fine piece of work from their perspective... that is until they take a dirt nap! I hate them so much!!!

On a side note... I work with 1,000's of businesses in my line of work, and beyond the old Daisy my dad got me, my exposure to the airgun community is nill. Hands down, Donny from DonnyFL is the best customer service I've ever experienced in any business, so if you're on the fence about it/him... have ZERO concerns. Utah Airguns has been a pleasure to work with as well. The other vendors mentioned above (excluding Amazon lol) this is my first experience with them, so I can't vouch for them yet. It took me all weekend to track all this stuff down, so I thought I'd just pass it along to save you some time.

Cheers,

t

Reactions: mmahoney
So... took my long .177 barrel and made an ‚in between’ version, which is about 290mm long and fits Donny’s setup perfectly! It’s quiet, tuned to shoot 12 fpe with JSB Exact, so should be plenty of fun! And since I’ve already had a long barrel the cost was just some time in a shop. Anyway, spring is coming, time to shoot more again :)

Some extra leverage for the barrel clamp screws is always welcome. Multitasker Series 3 at work:

IMG_5125.JPG

Here me working on the breech end of my shortened .177 barrel:

IMG_5126.JPG

And ready to fit back in:

IMG_5121.JPG

Range report probably next weekend. Enjoy your Leshiy!

Change coming.... I tried couple of compact scopes on my Leshiy (Hawke AirMax 2-7, SWFA 1-4, Vortex PST 1-4 and Diamondback 3-9) but still didn't find my grail compact scope. And something like March 1-10x24 is simply out of the question money-wise. So when I spotted that Stalker 6x on youtube and IWA I just had to get it! So with some help of my friend I was able to get one shipped to me when they closed the door of IWA show! It's just a scope and manual, since it's 'expo' piece, so no chance for unboxing video. Except a small mark on the body (from mounting I guess) it's in perfect condition. 

Key features: 6x magnification (great), adjustable parallax (starts at 5m!!!), very detailed mil-rad reticle (etched glass!), crisp glass, big field of view, very thin 'ring' around the view (no tunnel-effect, which was sometimes a bit annoying in SWFA), nice illumination (uses AA battery), and integrated Mount for easy installation. This thing is super solid! Expectations are very high. Oh, it's weatherproof too, everything is sealed with orings. Made by Dedal in Russia, so a very experienced company (they make nice nightvision scopes). More details when I mount it and shoot through it...

dedal_web-3.jpg

"PiterM"Change coming.... I tried couple of compact scopes on my Leshiy (Hawke AirMax 2-7, SWFA 1-4, Vortex PST 1-4 and Diamondback 3-9) but still didn't find my grail compact scope. And something like March 1-10x24 is simply out of the question money-wise. So when I spotted that Stalker 6x on youtube and IWA I just had to get it! So with some help of my friend I was able to get one shipped to me when they closed the door of IWA show! It's just a scope and manual, since it's 'expo' piece, so no chance for unboxing video. Except a small mark on the body (from mounting I guess) it's in perfect condition. 
Key features: 6x magnification (great), adjustable parallax (starts at 5m!!!), very detailed mil-rad reticle (etched glass!), crisp glass, big field of view, very thin 'ring' around the view (no tunnel-effect, which was sometimes a bit annoying in SWFA), nice illumination (uses AA battery), and integrated Mount for easy installation. This thing is super solid! Expectations are very high. Oh, it's weatherproof too, everything is sealed with orings. Made by Dedal in Russia, so a very experienced company (they make nice nightvision scopes). More details when I mount it and shoot through it...
dedal_web-3.jpg
Nice mate. Looks like it’s built like a tank. You are probably the first to get it. Look forward to your review. 

"intenseaty22"But just saw a quoted price, sounds like almost as expensive as rifle itself? Looking forward to your review.
Yeah, it ain’t cheap, slightly above half of Leshiy, if rumors are true. (I got a ‚demo deal’ though). But as @FearnLoading said it’s built like a tank. Like a Russian tank, that it! You could probably hammer nails with it if you’d need to ;)

That’s not all toys I got recently, also got an Atlas bipod (the similar-looking stuff I bought on a forum was not worth using on stuff like Leshiy). I’m saying that as finish on genuine Atlas bipod is considered very resistant and finish of that scope looks like the same technology. It’s completely matt (vs. satin anodizing on most scopes) and looks awesome. As I said it’s made to military standards by Dedal, not outsourced in far east. More pics when I get to my Mac. It’s mofo-solid stuff. 

"airgunnerca"
Photoshop ;)
I like this kind of small add-ons from time to time, especially when I edit photos late night with a glass of JD on my desk ;)

Anyway, integral mount makes installation super easy... no need to align the crosshair with vertical line, etc. Just grab a tool, put scope on rail, tighten screws. Done. Oh, BTW, Multitasker Series 3 has a tool so perfectly fitted that it must have been done especially for this Stalker:

dedal_web-6.jpg

And here it is - mounted and ready for zeroing. More thoughts after weekend. 

lel_dedal_web.jpg

Enjoy your Sunday! Mine should be quite cool ;)

"xincheng_xie"Hi, I am a Chinese, I like the leshiy gun for a long time, because the national conditions do not allow to play the gun, there is no resources in this respect, do you have this CAD drawing on your hand? Can you show me? Thank you, [email protected], to thank you again
So that you can counterfite it even easier? I can’t believe what I’m reading... the level of insolence in your post is just shocking.