EdGun Leshiy full review (after 5 months & 5K pellets)

Looking good Peter.

I enjoy tinkering with my Leshiy as well. I'm not a big fan of the longer barrels, or large scopes. To me it defeats the entire purpose of the Leshiy. 

Anyways, I sanded down all the sharp edges of the Steve Brown grips; 400, 600, 1000 grit. Then I used KG Gunkote & a special pygment to coat these bits in an "Ironman red". A tribute to ED & the infamous Russian colors. I've never been one to blend in with the crowd, so I decided to give mine some POP!

1538104821_4167752995bad9df50e98c3.55314144_DSC00771-01.jpeg

I also bought a Dedal Stalker scope. I believe it is the perfect compliment to this little powerhouse. I'm somewhat of a scope snob, & as you'll probably agree - the Stalker is a really nice scope. In fact I did a side-by-side comparison with my Steiner T5Xi 3-15x50 34mm ($2000 glass). With my Steiner on 6x the Stalker actually outperformed the Steiner! Pretty impressive for an $800 scope.

Cheers

-Michael

Awesome photos and a super review Piter!

Now I've got me one with a long barrel in.22, why would I need or want a long .25 barrel too? (The HUMA as upgrade I get that one, if only for the increased shotcount (although the standard EDgun reg is super stable, but just a lot larger)

What an awesome gun! I never much cared for shingle shotters (although I have some springers...) But with this one, it's no negative at all!

Glad to hear you guys are liking your Stalker scopes. I need to get one.

Currently have a Sig Romeo5X 2 MOA red dot on my Leshiy, and while I've hit more small critters than I thought I would with no magnification I still want some magnification. I briefly tried one of my spare Vortex Razor HD 1-6's on the Leshiy, but the 100Y parallax was no good for close up inside-the-barn work at night even on 1x. The Leshiy being sort of an oddball little gun has an oddball set of scope requirements and the Stalker is about the only thing that I've seen that is just about perfect... it would be even better IMO if it was a 1-6x.

I also bought a Dedal Stalker scope. I believe it is the perfect compliment to this little powerhouse. I'm somewhat of a scope snob, & as you'll probably agree - the Stalker is a really nice scope. In fact I did a side-by-side comparison with my Steiner T5Xi 3-15x50 34mm ($2000 glass). With my Steiner on 6x the Stalker actually outperformed the Steiner! Pretty impressive for an $800 scope.

Cheers

-Michael

I had 2 of the T5Xi 3-15s. Loved their size and weight and the low profile turrets, and liked the SCR reticles, but the glass in all of them had terrible CA... couldn't even see bullet splashes on white painted steel at 600Y because the CA/purple halos were so bad they washed out the impact marks. Bugged the crap out of me as most of my other guns have S&Bs and Premiers on them and switching from a gun with an S&B or Premier to a gun with a T5Xi was a huge step down to my eyes. Ended up selling the T5Xi's. Really wish the glass in them was better as I liked everything else about them. The glass in the 5-25 T5Xi is much better than in the 3-15, but the glass in the T5Xi series is not as good as the Steiner Military series. Being spoiled by good glass is a curse on your wallet, because what starts as "I'll just buy this *one* really nice scope for my favorite rifle" soon spreads to all your rifles, LOL

I have grips printed and ready to go for those who asked. I will include the Magpul AA insert which can be used to store batteries or pellets. I don't want money for the grip but I will ask for $20 to cover shipping costs to wherever you are. If you want one please Paypal me at [email protected]. Please BE SURE to include your shipping address in the Payment notes.
1539608321_1520097145bc48f010dc596.43644035_IMG_8714.jpg

Reactions: Steyr