EdGun Leshiy full review (after 5 months & 5K pellets)

And here's the front view... more later this week:

lel_dedal2a_web.jpg

OK, just a quick pic of the reticle - it's a good day for that as it's really foggy & rainy so the reticle nicely stands out. It is thin and crisp, yet clear enough for most shooting application (except benchrest maybe, but it's a 6x scope after all). Note that there is a Butler Creek flip-up cover on the scope, otherwise the black rim would be minimal. When illuminated it just turns red (whole reticle, not just section). Illumination is easily daylight usable. There are 6 illumination levels (if I remember correctly) and the scope always use the last setting when turned off and on. 

Regarding Butler Creek Flip-Up covers -> tried some and for me the best set is:
OBJ -> size 15
EYE -> size 11

IMG_5409.JPG

More later during weekend...

Winter if gone for good! So what about some more Leshiy / Stalker shooting... .177 cal, custom cut barrel (295mm) and Donny's long LDC.

stalker_50_web-3.jpg

50y with JSB Exact 4.52mm -> the inner circle is 1" diameter so I guess it's half inch at least.

stalker_50_web-1.jpg

And just for fun the same distance with with JSB Ultra Shock... not terrible for hollow point but I'll stick to Exact (obviously)

stalker_50_web-2.jpg

Great scope for Leshiy. Glass is super crisp, reticle is perfect, parallax is fully adjustable with eithet hand and it looks good. And uses standard AA battery for illumination. Plus it’s a military-grade instrument si can be used in any weather conditions. It’s a very solid piece of gear, no doubt! It would be awesome also for Lelya, which I used to own.

"PiterM"Leshiy ‚unit’ can be shipped as it’s not a silencer of any kind. It’s an insert and short tube. Email him and he can probably send it to you. At least he used to send to EU without any issue. Complete moderator (like Tanto or Sumo) is a different story and that he can’t ship.
Thanks a mil 
Yeah, was hoping to get a proper one but I see the difference.
Cheers!

I think this is some creative wording to help you get your hands on one. I can tell you though it quiets it down significantly. I've tuned mine to about 108 on the reg (Huma) shooting ~ 730fps, and all you really hear is the hammer and impact on target. Tuning is super important, as every one has it's own little sweet spot for noise/accuracy. I've been tinkering with the reg from 120 - 105.

I have a 2nd Leshiy being worked on right now where I cutoff the OEM shroud, and had a 350mm barrel cut down to about 275mm and threaded to accept any of Donny's LDC's. I have the RONIN and Sumo. I'll report back with pics and performance/quietness in a few weeks. The baffle kit that he sells is extremely quiet though... so don't feel you need a proper LDC to be effective... this is that, but just a clever wording to make it available to a larger group of people

"tflats99"I think this is some creative wording to help you get your hands on one. I can tell you though it quiets it down significantly. I've tuned mine to about 108 on the reg (Huma) shooting ~ 730fps, and all you really hear is the hammer and impact on target. Tuning is super important, as every one has it's own little sweet spot for noise/accuracy. I've been tinkering with the reg from 120 - 105.
I have a 2nd Leshiy being worked on right now where I cutoff the OEM shroud, and had a 350mm barrel cut down to about 275mm and threaded to accept any of Donny's LDC's. I have the RONIN and Sumo. I'll report back with pics and performance/quietness in a few weeks. The baffle kit that he sells is extremely quiet though... so don't feel you need a proper LDC to be effective... this is that, but just a clever wording to make it available to a larger group of people
How are you tuning the reg specifically to 109? The Huma is marked but it doesn’t have such fine markings. Do you have a Reg tester ?

From playing around with mine it seems about 80% of the accuracy, or rather the loss thereof, seems to be related to the hammer spring tension and the rather impressive recoil it causes if set too high.
I got one with all three barrels plus the huma fac and huma 12fpe kits. The smaller 2 calibers are 250mm and the larger 350mm.

Been hellishly frustrated with accuracy at the reg pressures many are using.
You can easily enough find the 'knee' at most reg pressures and get good consistency and efficiency, and the barrels are good enough that they'll group well at most reasonable velocities with jsb's. The issue is that at any of the higher reg pressures the hammer spring cocks up everything with its violent smack.

I first tried 4.5mm but it seems to require a bit of a higher pressure on the reg to get any real velocity, maybe because of the disparity between the transfer port size and the barrel diameter? Again the hammer made this unworkable. I have not tried the12fpe huma because of the need to cut down the valve rod.

I've since changed to the 5.5 and initially (without changing the reg- was at 110bar at this point) found the accuracy and efficiency significantly better than 4.5mm but still severely lacking. Was in the region of an inch at 16m.

Settled on 680fps as reasonable for what I need and it seemed to be a good fit for the barrel with 18grainers. 

Ran a string and noted a massive spike as it came off the reg. This was at the 'knee' of efficiency for the 10 grain 4.5 jsb's. Ended up knocking the reg pressure down bit by bit until I got down to 85bar. That way I can get a max velocity of 705fps which happens at about 4 clicks from minimum hst, where the hammer strike is nice and gentle. One click down and it's in the perfect spot with an es of about 8fps and pellet on pellet, at least at the 25m that I had access to today, thanks to the lack of any real kick. 

Honestly before this it was like a springer, but without any of the weight or length to counteract it. Wouldn't have gone for a pest bird outside of 20m.

I have read on the huma website that some of these things have much stronger springs than others - maybe mine is one of those? I certainly haven't heard others complaining of heavy recoil in their leshiys ruining accuracy.

Nevertheless it's gone from being a major regret to an awesome little gun- tuning is a major ball-ache for someone with as little free time as I have but in this case worth the skew looks from the wife!

Reactions: mmahoney