Tuning Edgun leshiy classic power loss

So i decided to do a trigger job on my leshiy, what should have taken 15 minutes to do ended up taking over an 1.5 hrs. While trying to do the micro adjustments so that the trigger breaks at the second stage while not impeding on the safety mechanism, and the numerous dry fires, my gun started leaking air at the base of air tank. I tried applying grease and silicon tape which didnt work. Finally i added an o ring which finally seemed to work with the added silicon tape and silicon grease. What got me perplexed is why my gun is shooting way less powerful before the trigger job. Prior to the trigger job i could shoot cleanly through a 2x4 now my pellet barely breaks the surface. Any suggestions? 

I have but don't want to open it up it shoots too perfect! When you tinker sometimes bad things mysteriously happen like especially leaks and such... I never mess with perfect shooting guns...dont want to ask for trouble that's all... In fact just by removing a barrel to clean from a perfect shooting gun never was as accurate ever again so I only use pull through and don't even remove shrouds and LDCs whenever possible. I'm an accuracy nutcase so I am an extremely rare type of airgunner here. Most airgunners don't need as much precision accuracy as I personally require and expect who don't need nor expect one hole groups at 80 and 100 yards.

So i decided to do a trigger job on my leshiy, what should have taken 15 minutes to do ended up taking over an 1.5 hrs. While trying to do the micro adjustments so that the trigger breaks at the second stage while not impeding on the safety mechanism,

What got me perplexed is why my gun is shooting way less powerful before the trigger job. Prior to the trigger job i could shoot cleanly through a 2x4 now my pellet barely breaks the surface. Any suggestions?

Are you quite sure that the trigger releases the sear completely and not dragging (slowing down) the hammer?

leshiy classic trigger, hammer, sear.1603870402.JPG

...but more likely the piston o-ring on the high pressure side of the regulator is failing and leaking though the spring chamber to the atmosphere by the treads