• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning Edgun leshiy classic huma 12 foot pounds

Ok so just want to see if I did this right happy with the results but should they be better or does it sound right?

Using .25 cal barrel set the reg to 95 bar.

Hammer from completely clockwise 3 clicks counter clockwise.

Got 45 shots from 300 to 100 bar max fps 561 low 449 average 556 was using the jsb hades so I think I averaged 17 fpe Wich seems fine for me pests I hunt out to 30 yards. Couldn't find to much info online about the .25 with this reg and do you think if I switch calibers .22 .177 will I have to adjust Huma again?

If you want to stay at 17 FPE and keep the HST dialed to about 97% of first velocity peak then you'll need to change the reg setting.

Even with the same 25.39 grain weight my Leshiy at low power produced 20% more energy in 25 than in 22, with no changes to reg, HST or barrel length (both at 250).

There is also a power drop from 22 to 177 but I haven't tried that with the same weight pellet.

Curious about your setup.

Black plenum spacer installed?

Lighter hammer spring installed?

Tuned to ~95% of first velocity peak?

Did the slow shot of 449 occur early in the string after coming off the reg?

250 mm barrel left oem hammer spring .

Used black plenum spacer the 449 did occur at the end of the string around 100 bar .

First time I ever tuned any pcp so not sure about the 95 percent at velocity peak ? Not sure what that means still trying to learn.

What reg pressure should I have used ?

Should I put the weaker hammer spring in?

I'm not married to 17 fpe i just want 12 or above I mostly pest with this usually within 30 yards sometimes I do go past but thats rarely. I'm More focused on Accuracy I shot it some at 17 fpe and I was able to nearly stack pellets at 20 yards 

But I have 1 of each barrel .177 .22 and .25 so I might want to switch around depending wear I'm hunting but I am partial to .25 the most.

250 mm barrel left oem hammer spring .

Used black plenum spacer the 449 did occur at the end of the string around 100 bar .

First time I ever tuned any pcp so not sure about the 95 percent at velocity peak ? Not sure what that means still trying to learn.

What reg pressure should I have used ?

Should I put the weaker hammer spring in?

I'm not married to 17 fpe i just want 12 or above I mostly pest with this usually within 30 yards sometimes I do go past but thats rarely. I'm More focused on Accuracy I shot it some at 17 fpe and I was able to nearly stack pellets at 20 yards 

But I have 1 of each barrel .177 .22 and .25 so I might want to switch around depending wear I'm hunting but I am partial to .25 the most.

Sorry, I did not do a good job of explaining that. The only reason you would need to change reg pressures between calibers is if you wanted to stay at the same power level and keep the hammer spring tuned 95% or so of the first velocity peak.

To explain this take a look at this snippet of Jack.K's tuning chart. Don't worry about the reg setting as that was specific to the caliber, barrel length and pellet that he was using. It's just the concept here that matters.

Leshiy tune 3.1618163931.PNG

Each number under HST is a click counter clockwise from zero. At clicks 6, 7 & 8 there is no significant increase in FPS so 782 is the first velocity peak for this regulator setting. From there the HST is turned back down to five clicks, which is 97% of the first velocity peak.

At 97% or so of that first velocity peak one tends to get less energy spread and can take a shot or two off the regulator with no velocity spikes..

I would start over with your HST at zero and then see what your first velocity peak is.

I would be curious to hear what your velocity peak is in 25 with and without the black plenum spacer. But if you're happy with the results then don't bother.

I wouldn't worry about the hammer spring just yet.

One of my favorite things about the Leshiy is the ability to adjust power with just barrel swaps. No de-gassing, putting stress on o-rings, etc. 

If you want to be above 12 FPE in 177/250 you might need it tuned a bit hotter in 25 than you have it now. But I haven't tried that with the plenum spacer installed so I'm not certain about that.

Oh ok I think you explained it amazingly so basically for any given reg pressure there is a given hamer spring adjustment that is most efficient for the given reg pressure that helps a lot. so basically I pick the fpe goal then try to pick the reg and jamer spring adjustment that is most efficient for the given pellet and fpe I want to shoot.

So far I love this rifle only had for a few months but amazed at the adjustability specially for a noob like me (not to air guns) But to repairing and adjusting myself.

I have a taipan compact .25 that shoots so awesome out the box I haven't touched it. 

Almost make me want to get a lelya.

Thanks for the help maybe I'll play around with later I'll update if I adjust or try anything else.

Oh ok I think you explained it amazingly so basically for any given reg pressure there is a given hamer spring adjustment that is most efficient for the given reg pressure that helps a lot. so basically I pick the fpe goal then try to pick the reg and jamer spring adjustment that is most efficient for the given pellet and fpe I want to shoot.

Yes. Now look at Jack.K's chart in full and notice that as the reg setting increases the number of HST clicks needs to increase as well. Red number indicates the FPE where the hammer spring it tuned to ~95% to 97% of the first velocity peak.

Also, note that the with that pellet and barrel the least bar per shot is at 85 bar reg setting. But at 110 bar it produces more energy per bar used with the same pellet and barrel.

Two ways of thinking about efficiency.

Leshiy tune 2.1618184628.jpg

What does the plenum space do? What kind of numbers are you getting on your tune.

I have not had a sub-12 Leshiy set up for a while. In 22 and around 14 FPE I was getting nearly 60 shots as I recall. But that regulator never acted quite right and eventually stopped working so I moved on. Have since moved to a new house and am now again chasing a super quiet tune so I need to get back to it.

As far as the plenum spacer, my understanding is that it was to prevent off regulator spikes that were above 12 FPE which can get you in a lot of trouble in the UK.

I believe in your other thread Towle posted a screen shot from Wingman who developed the sub-12 Huma reg saying he used the spacer along with a high reg pressure to get a hgh shot count and quiet sound at 12 FPE.

But again, I wouldn't change a thing just yet. It sounds like you're really close to the tune you want. What I would do is turn the HST down to zero and start through the click process and record speeds. Once you have the HST set so the speed is 97% or so of the first peak don't change anything other than take out the 25 barrel and put in the 177.

Then see what speed you're shooting at. Do the same with 22. Decide if you're happy with that or not and go from there. Report back.

What does the plenum space do?

I went ahead an installed the full sub-12 kit, including lighter hammer spring AND a lighter hammer. I didn't actually weigh it but I got one with a another Leshiy package I bought. The hammer had part of the stem that slides over the hammer spring removed, presumably to lighten the weight. My understanding is it came like that from the factory.

I used a different sub-12 regulator than the one that gave me trouble.

I set the reg to 110 bar but do not have a regulator tester so that could be off some

22 cal, 250mm barrel. JSB 18.1 grain pellets.

I did a very quick tune to the first velocity peak and with NO plenum spacer installed first velocity peak was 721. I then turned the HST down to around 95% of that peak. Or around 685 FPS.

I then de-gassed and installed the plenum spacer. Left the HST at that ~95% of first peak setting. Speed was at 605 FPS.

I didn't start all the way back at zero but then started to increase the HST. It reached a velocity peak of 661 at one less click than without the plenum spacer. Given that the lighter hammer spring required 30 clicks to reach the first velocity peak one click is pretty insignificant, I assume.

So with the reg set at 110 bar adding the plenum spacer caused and 15% decrease in power.

Or one could say that removing the plenum spacer would cause about a 19% increase in power.

Out of curiosity I put in the 25 cal, 250 barrel and left the rifle where it was set with the 22/250 barrel. So reg still at 110 bar, plenum spacer still installed.

I did some quick HST adjustments and it appears the velocity peak would still be within a click or two as with the 22/250 barrel.

The power increase went from around 16 FPE to 19 FPE when switching calibers. Ideally I would have liked to have done this with the 25.39 22 cal JSB's but I only have them in a sampler tin and want to save them for accuracy testing.

I believe I'll continue my search for quietness with the 22/350 barrel.

I'm curious as to how Wingman got 12 FPE and a shot count of 100 with a regulator setting of 110 bar but not curious enough to start trying different valve springs, hammer weights, etc. But before I de-gas and turn the reg down I might just put the regular hammer spring back in and try some 14 grain pellets like he used. 

RBD2 I don't know if this helps. I'm not sure what advantage there would be to using the plenum spacer and a slightly higher reg setting versus no plenum spacer and a slightly lower reg setting. Maybe Towle will chime in with this thoughts. In your other thread he seemed to suggest using the spacer and a higher reg setting might be a good way to achieve quietness so I'm going to leave it in for now.

I wouldn't change anything until you know your velocity peak in 25.

If the clicks are too large of jumps then maybe consider swapping in the lighter spring.

If you're able to fine tune to 95 to 97% of the first peak in all three calibers with the stock spring then I wouldn't worry about it.

If you are indeed at your first velocity peak with only three clicks then you might not have enough adjustability among the three calibers. But I suspect you're still low for your current reg setting.

Ok so I switched out the hammer spring for more fine tuning.

And I did the test at click 29 568 Click 30 569 click 31 571 fps click 32 569 so went back to click 29 and ran a shot string. With jsb hades .25

38 shots total.

Start 300 bar end 100 bar.

High 574 Low 559 ES 15 Average 565

FPE 18 average.

Haven't tested for accuracy but sounds quite.

And seemed pretty consistent this huma is new so I think it will tighten up after more use.