• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

EdGun Leshiy barrel creep

FFD350CB-D3B1-4E03-BB54-462BD22266BD.1608677118.jpeg
My new Leshiy Classic Gen2 barrel wants to creep away from the breech. I tightened it and got about 150 shots before it started doing it again. From what I have read and watched on YT, I shouldn’t have to reef down really hard on the two Allen head screws holding the barrel in place, but I guess I will have to. Any other ideas?

Edit: shooting .25 cal Hades at 688 FPS, so not maxed out on power at all

This is a poor design which was fixed in Leshiy 2 by the addition of a barrel retention ring. As of Leshiy 1 you need to tight it down pretty solid. The problem is when you do it you create an artificial choke in the barrel. Shame on you, Ed.

I want to meet the guy who can duplicate at least a 2 ton press with his Allen wrench and 2 little screws. Choking a barrel takes a lot of force. Actually tons of force.

This is a poor design which was fixed in Leshiy 2 by the addition of a barrel retention ring. As of Leshiy 1 you need to tight it down pretty solid. The problem is when you do it you create an artificial choke in the barrel. Shame on you, Ed.

This would be a more interesting post if it was supported by data.

With the volume of these guns in the market and their near cult like following I have a hard time accepting your comment as anything of value without some actual data. If you actually have data we can all learn. Otherwise, this sounds like jealous pot-stirring.

I personally think the OP got good advice to snug the grub screws. It would be nice to know a torque value.

Joe

Thats not true. I have the thin .35 barrel. And i dont feel any choke where the screws are, when i push a pellet through the barrel.

I want to meet the guy who can duplicate at least a 2 ton press with his Allen wrench and 2 little screws. Choking a barrel takes a lot of force. Actually tons of force.

Well, if you are ever in the Asheville area, we can grab a beer or something. I work out at least once/ week. 

This would be a more interesting post if it was supported by data.

With the volume of these guns in the market and their near cult like following I have a hard time accepting your comment as anything of value without some actual data. If you actually have data we can all learn. Otherwise, this sounds like jealous pot-stirring.

I personally think the OP got good advice to snug the grub screws. It would be nice to know a torque value.

Joe

Yep, snug that thing down tight. If the OD isn't 12mm bang on, you got a lemon or counterfeit.

The .35 barrels are super thin (and machined terrible), but I've never feared tightening it down.