• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Edgun Leshiy Air Fill Problems

So after purchasing a reg tester the problem was the reg., As I believe Brian originally said, BAR (Blackpool Air Rifles) replaced the original and voila, problem solved. just waiting on my Dedal to round off the package. I don't really know if I will be on the consignment due in December but fingers crossed. How is the supply of the Stalker your side of the pond ?

Best Wishes and Thanks to All ... Jim.

So after purchasing a reg tester the problem was the reg., As I believe Brian originally said, BAR (Blackpool Air Rifles) replaced the original and voila, problem solved. just waiting on my Dedal to round off the package. I don't really know if I will be on the consignment due in December but fingers crossed. How is the supply of the Stalker your side of the pond ?

Best Wishes and Thanks to All ... Jim.

congratulations

Well, it is more common when setting up the gun to shoot 12-foot-pounds. Ed designed the gun to open the valve under higher pressure than what would be needed for a 12-foot-pound speed. The gun is engineered with a valve dwell time assuming 90-130 bar of pressure is sitting on top of the valve. Blackpool UK sets the gun up for 12-foot pounds, and they put an anti-tamper device on the HST (I disagree with this practice). If the user changes the regulator or they shoot the gun below 50 bar, this can lead to valve failure because the valve is opened too far. Damage can occur to the valve stem or brass valve guide. The key is to understand your HST and regulator pressure setting. The end user should be allowed to adjust both as needed.

I have yet to put a huma in mine because of this. After reading around that the valve can very well have issues running lower pressure I would rather not risk it. Im sure there are others who will say that they have not had any issues but I would rather not risk it and just keep my Leshiy the way it is from the factory with the exception of the HST being adjusted. If it shoots good then why mess with it? Dont get me wrong, I understand the want to mod stuff. But for the advertised 20% increased shot count and a risk of putting strain on the valve to the point where it could fail. Ill pass. I like my Leshiy as it is.

The problem for us poor sods on this side of the pond is that we have no choice, Blackpool are the only importers and they fit the Huma reg.to comply with the law. I have been assured by them there is no anti-tamper device, I don't think they need to as the hammer spring is also changed and it leaves little or no scope for adjustment. All bits are contained in the Huma 12ft.lb. kit. If you are captured with a gun over the 12ft.lbs limit it is a mandatory five years in the slammer. All it takes is for someone to complain about the noise and that can set the ball in motion. A lot of people see what you guys are up to over there or elsewhere outside of the UK and want to do the same. They either don't know or don't understand what happens when one piece of the gun's setup is changed. You can't do it unless you have a FAC (firearms certificate) and by god you need a very good reason to get one of those.

If anyone knows another legal way please let us know.

Best Wishes ... Jim.