• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Edgun Leshiy Air Fill Problems

Hi All,

Are there any Edgun Leshiy owners out there who have had problems with air filling. After a dozen or so shots from my new Leshiy my air was low so went to top up to find it would not hold a charge. I have a .22 running a Huma sub 12 in the UK.

Any ideas please !!! regards ... Jim.

Is it leaking at the fill port or through the barrel? First, try running it over with your SUV, no don't do that.

Try to bump the gun hard with the palm of your hand near the fill port several times perhaps some debris had

lodged near the check valve or its just stuck. Or you can try to fill it quickly with short deliberate bursts of air

from your carbon fibre tank. If it is leaking through the barrel then load a pellet and point it in a safe direction

then fill it, then shoot it.

CA

Hi ,

Thanks for the replies, the air is leaking from the valve stem area. I closed off the 2mm bleed screw and compressed the valve stem a few times but it just keeps leaking from the brass valve stem area. Sorry I can't be more specific than that. Is there an O ring in there that could have blown /

Regards and Thanks to All ... Jim.

Hi ,

Thanks for the replies, the air is leaking from the valve stem area. I closed off the 2mm bleed screw and compressed the valve stem a few times but it just keeps leaking from the brass valve stem area. Sorry I can't be more specific than that. Is there an O ring in there that could have blown /

Regards and Thanks to All ... Jim.

No o-ring, just the valve sealing against the seat. I would take the air tube off, unscrew the regulator and remove the valve stem. Likely a piece of dirt in the valve.

No that is a new one which I will try. Can you throw some light on dry firing the Leshiy, I have seen a video that says you should never do this ?

Please keep the info coming, Thanks Guys ... Jim.

Dry firing was a problem for the older Gen 1 leahiy. The Gen 2 is O.K. to dry fire.

De-gas the gun and remove the air tube then remover the regulator. Then you can pull the valve out and look to see if there is any debris in the seat area or if the valve is damaged?

A new valve cost $30 but if your gun is NEW maybe Brian can help you out?

These guns are very simple in design. Check out YouTube there are a lot of videos of how to take apart the Leshiy.

Well, it is more common when setting up the gun to shoot 12-foot-pounds. Ed designed the gun to open the valve under higher pressure than what would be needed for a 12-foot-pound speed. The gun is engineered with a valve dwell time assuming 90-130 bar of pressure is sitting on top of the valve. Blackpool UK sets the gun up for 12-foot pounds, and they put an anti-tamper device on the HST (I disagree with this practice). If the user changes the regulator or they shoot the gun below 50 bar, this can lead to valve failure because the valve is opened too far. Damage can occur to the valve stem or brass valve guide. The key is to understand your HST and regulator pressure setting. The end user should be allowed to adjust both as needed.

Well, it is more common when setting up the gun to shoot 12-foot-pounds. Ed designed the gun to open the valve under higher pressure than what would be needed for a 12-foot-pound speed. The gun is engineered with a valve dwell time assuming 90-130 bar of pressure is sitting on top of the valve. Blackpool UK sets the gun up for 12-foot pounds, and they put an anti-tamper device on the HST (I disagree with this practice). If the user changes the regulator or they shoot the gun below 50 bar, this can lead to valve failure because the valve is opened too far. Damage can occur to the valve stem or brass valve guide. The key is to understand your HST and regulator pressure setting. The end user should be allowed to adjust both as needed.

Awesome thank you for clearing that up!
As always! You're the man!
Have a great day!

Hi Brian,

Thorough strip down and the reg is all OK, however what blew was the O ring at the bottom of the air tube, that is, the one that sits on the hinged part of the gun. Looking too deep and missed the obvious. I am now waiting for replacement O rings and fingers crossed be back in business. I will keep you updated as it may help other users of this great little gun.

Once again thanks, it great to know there is an encyclopaedia that one can fall back on.

Best Wishes ... Jim.

Hi Brian,

Thorough strip down and the reg is all OK, however what blew was the O ring at the bottom of the air tube, that is, the one that sits on the hinged part of the gun. Looking too deep and missed the obvious. I am now waiting for replacement O rings and fingers crossed be back in business. I will keep you updated as it may help other users of this great little gun.

Once again thanks, it great to know there is an encyclopaedia that one can fall back on.

Best Wishes ... Jim.

That O-ring (breech seal) does not seal the air tank. That seals the breech to keep all of the air directed into the barrel.

Scroll to the bottom of this link below. The only orings that hold pressure inside the tank are shown.

https://www.ernestrowe.com/leshiy

Wondering though - Where did you get that oring? I was wondering the size on it. I'd like to carry a spare in case of loss.

Still waiting for my replacement O ring sets from Huma air. They are in the Netherlands and I am in the UK. They have the best prices and as we are still in the EU (at the moment) no tax or import duty. Being a Scot I will always look after the pennies.

Thanks for all the input guys nice to know you are there and I trust Brian, he is a mine of information and a nice guy.

Best Wishes jim.