Edgun leshiy 22/25 cal with very long barrel?

What kind of results/grouping people have get edgun leshiy 22/25 cal slugs with extra long barrrel 450mm or longer and have anyone try? With huma regulator and extra airtube you can get lots of power enough good shots! And I know 350mm barrel can shoot very good, but like to upgrade at least 450mm probably more lenght but wanna ask have anyone try longer barrels?

Have anyone talon forum get good grouping with 25 cal slugs nielsens or other slugs manufacturers with 350mm barrel or longer barrel and if you have what kind of regulator pressures, speeds and slugs weights???

With extra airtube how many good shots you get roughly with e.g 150 bar regulator settings with different weight slugs?

Thank you in advance!

Let me respond to your first sentence. I've modded out a number of pcp pistols in the past 12 years, and safe to say, changing barrel length had no effect on accuracy. In other words, I remained only as accurate as my personal best firing discipline, and shooting conditions, would permit. I gained roughly 15 fps per additional inch of barrel...that's an 'average' and does not consider other power modifications. The name-brand pcp barrels are so good today they will mechanically outshoot just about every marksman on the planet.

Barrel length itself is indifferent to accuracy. It does come into play with potential for improved accuracy from better gun balance, steadiness of hold, appropriate rifling ratio to slug weight and velocity, but all things being equal, barrel length beyond 12" is really a matter of personal preference and individual needs.

As always, your mileage may vary, but this has been my experience with dozens of pcp airguns over the years.

Uncle Hoot

I always ran a 350 22 barrel in mine , I just went to a 250mm .25 cal and The leshy is a very accurate gun after you get used to it , I have no problems with accuracy with it using red dote to full size 5x25 scopes .With 50k shots in mine I have had it set low and hi power , and accuracy is spot on either , as for 450mm , Nah , the gun is a compact pistol , if you want this length you can do alot better , you can buy a lelya or rsm or taipan , same with 2nd bottle .

ED put alot of time designing the Leshiy I would not start putting tanks and changing it into a something it isnt , I only went to a 350mm barrel for a bit more shots or lower reg setting so gun is quiet ,You may buy all this stuff and have a terrible gun and dump about $700 doing it ,and having alot of harmonics , you plan on hanging a moderator on barrel ? or unmoderated? I would think if you hang a big moderator it will droop barrel and cause excessive harmonics , it will be more powerful but Why ruin it ?

Also I make and shoot slugss for decades , The leshiy is my short set up , it isnt my rifles , I went to 350mm , the accuracy is same with 250mm and 350mm .

The 450mm is aftermarket barrel from over seas? I have never heard of anyone using one

LOU

Same as ABOVE i have the 250MM barrel in .22, i wouldn't change a thing on this girl, i did add the AKULA suppressor and it is night and day in terms of quiet.

1581774050_13845361385e47f4e2d163b0.11296552_IMG_2234.jpg

The 450mm is aftermarket barrel from over seas? I have never heard of anyone using one

LOU

There is a YouTube channel called NBallistics. I'm assuming he uses the 450 mm barrel in some of his videos as in the comments section he mentions using two,100 mm tube extensions threaded together for the shroud extension. Or at least I think that was the channel. Don't have time at the moment to look it up and am not sure if there are hunting scenes and if they're supposed to stay out of this subforum.