• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

EDgun Edgun Leshiy 2

Forget about titanium!!! The coefficient of friction steel to steel is 0.15, steel to titanium 0.7 almost five times more. It means that you will get problems with the locking cone. For sure. The plate on the photo made of steel, with the nickel above. The thickness of the nickel is nothing, even if it goes away, noting will be changed, as we didn't use it before in this part and guns are working without any wearing. Just leave it as it is and enjoy the shooting. That is just my advice...

Forget about titanium!!! The coefficient of friction steel to steel is 0.15, steel to titanium 0.7 almost five times more. It means that you will get problems with the locking cone. For sure. The plate on the photo made of steel, with the nickel above. The thickness of the nickel is nothing, even if it goes away, noting will be changed, as we didn't use it before in this part and guns are working without any wearing. Just leave it as it is and enjoy the shooting. That is just my advice...

Wow! Your amazing wealth of Knowledge! Thanks for the great expert insight. We are seriously lucky to have you on the forum.

Here's my part after 10k+ rounds from a US round 1 Leshiy 2.

Ed - is this first run part just steel or does it have the nickel plating? Other than the mark the locking cone has made I've seen no other changes to its appearance. 

Leshiy 2 Closeing Part - 1.1618511624.jpeg

Here's my part after 10k+ rounds from a US round 1 Leshiy 2.

Ed - is this first run part just steel or does it have the nickel plating? Other than the mark the locking cone has made I've seen no other changes to its appearance.

That is steel without nickel covering. We use Russian stainless steel 40X13, the USA analoge is AISI 420. We use it from the beginning and until now. The only problem we got while using it uncovered that it could have small parts of rust (inspite of the fact that it is stainless steel and we make chemical passivation of ready to be installed parts, in some curcamstances it can rust, just a little bit.).

So, the next step we tried to make -- nickeling them. We made the first batch, tested it and found no problem, assembled few hundred guns with those parts and send them to the customers.When we started to get the claims we immidiately stopped using the nickeling. On the other hand, the nickel thinkness is 8 - 10 microns (0,008 - 0,01 mm.) So, even it goes away it doesn't influence the geometry or size of the parts, thus they will funcionate as they were designed.

Now we use PVD (Physical Vapor Deposition) technology to cover those parts. Got no problems meanwhile and no claims. So, keep going on usingthat until now.

We are always trying to improve the quality of the guns and as not always goes to the 100 % right way. That is normal :) 

I get the coefficient of the 2 materials but nickel is also a very hard material that when is flaking on the pin and possibly wedging between pin and hole is not good either. I used the grade 5 Ti for the weight and it not like a million cycle part.

Pvd is a awesome coating but again seems like more work than using a better stainless such as 17-4 

I might just make some out of both Ti and 17-4 

I get the coefficient of the 2 materials but nickel is also a very hard material that when is flaking on the pin and possibly wedging between pin and hole is not good either. I used the grade 5 Ti for the weight and it not like a million cycle part.

I do not think Ed is talking about wear, more like the added friction might make it difficult to unlock, I made a new steel latch and changed the angle of the tip 5 degrees, this already made the friction between the two steel latch and lock hole noticeable, not a problem but noticeable

Has anyone from the US ordered from edgunleshiy.shop

How long did it take to get the item you ordered? The shipping on the site says 3-6 weeks, so im curious what the ball park is.

I did. Order shipped in 2 days, and it took only 4 more days to receive it here. It was shipped via UPS Worldwide Express. I was pleasantly surprised to find a free gift included in the package: an Edgun filling probe (which pretty much offset the cost of shipping).

edgunleshiy.shop is legit!

Anyone running a 25 cal 450mm barrel? I currently have a .2 nozzle and an unmarked one, but the hole on the unmarked nozzle is smaller than the .2 nozzle, it seems. It's currently shooting 25 grain kings at 980 fps and was going to leave it and shoot some of the slightly heavier hades out of it. I was thinking about the MKII heavies, but I want a projectile with more energy transfer potential, unlike domed pellets, without going to the FX Hybrid slugs or AVS slugs just yet. Trying to get a nozzle setup before transferring over to the 300cc bottle.

Here is my setup. The rings that I purchased for my US Optics scope didn't turn out to be completely red when anodized, so I'm going to try another pair. The carbon rail is unreal light and sends all the weight to the back. The MOD 40 silencer is also really nice. I took a middle section out and shortened the suppressor, and the sound dampening was still very effective. 

IMG_0181.1618676285.jpg

Did a few rounds of testing with my 25 cal / 450 barrel. My valve came with a .2 nozzle and an unmarked nozzle. This unmarked nozzle was smaller than the .2 nozzle, so maybe a .1? Not sure. This produced around 970 with kings and 950 with Hades. I have since switched out the nozzles a few times and ended up with these results:

.2/.6 - 915 / Hades

.2/.5 - 930 / Hades

.2/.4 - 945 / Hades

The .2/.4 nozzles that I have currently are maintaining the speed that I like, and the accuracy is ok. I'm still getting used to shooting this "striker-fired" system as I'm used to marksmanship fundamentals, which is difficult to apply to the Leshy 2 as you will end up dumping a portion of the plenum if you slowly squeeze the trigger. I'm also wondering if Brian didn't increase the reg to 150 like I asked as CTShooter can push 34-grain MKII heavies at 950 with the .2/.4 nozzle setup while I'm only shooting the 26 grain Hades at 940 with the same nozzle setup. Any chance I would be able to borrow someone's reg tester?