• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

EDgun Edgun Leshiy 2

Took down the radio tower today to inspect the plunger, found more shavings from the upper plunger stem so decided to shorten the stem and let the spring take the blow instead

Stem is 9mm, the spring 7.5mm fully compressed, shorted the stem by 3mm and added a 1.5mm OD 8mm rubber disc

Bet this will keep it going forever, I will of cause order a spare one just in case

Leshiy 2 - fixer upper.1617981621.JPG

That looks like a pretty good solution! Do follow up and let us know how it works out.

GsT

Received a Leshiy today! It's my first PCP airgun so I've no comparison to anything. Shoots good in the living room target at 9.5 yards distant. The Crosman lead free Red Flight are too long for the magazine but seem OK while single loading. The Baracuda Green are good and accurate. Bug Buster scope mounted with a Pard NV008 on the way, these two scopes chosen for their ability of focusing to very close range. Check out the new angle and texture of the grip.

IMG_20210410_022223.1618040762.jpg

Reactions: Cattoo
Received a Leshiy today! It's my first PCP airgun so I've no comparison to anything. Shoots good in the living room target at 9.5 yards distant. The Crosman lead free Red Flight are too long for the magazine but seem OK while single loading. The Baracuda Green are good and accurate. Bug Buster scope mounted with a Pard NV008 on the way, these two scopes chosen for their ability of focusing to very close range. Check out the new angle and texture of the grip.

Personally I prefer the angle of the original grip but the new one sure look nice! - and the short and light Bug Buster fits right in

Don't know what barrel you got but all my lothar walther ones loves JSB Exact pellets, standard and heavies

towle,

I appreciate your work on hacking our defective plunger and sharing it with the community. Whether the defective part is a systemic problem in materials and manufacturing, or simply a low percentage of the total will inevitably fail, as claimed, it's good to have alternative solutions for temporarily fixing issues which arise. 

Based on how this grip angle feels, I think a vertical grip could function better for me too.

... Check out the new angle and texture of the grip.

Personally I prefer the angle of the original grip but the new one sure look nice! - and the short and light Bug Buster fits right in

Don't know what barrel you got but all my lothar walther ones loves JSB Exact pellets, standard and heavies

Took down the radio tower today to inspect the plunger, found more shavings from the upper plunger stem so decided to shorten the stem and let the spring take the blow instead

Stem is 9mm, the spring 7.5mm fully compressed, shorted the stem by 3mm and added a 1.5mm OD 8mm rubber disc

Bet this will keep it going forever, I will of cause order a spare one just in case

My Leshiy 2 has changed a lot since I took ownership. Just kept thinking how to best set it up for how I wanted to use it and after seeing what others have done to theirs. I thought I wanted to carry extra magazines to change out in the field but at home I just found it easier to just load the magazine in the gun and skip taking the magazine out and putting back in again. Ed , you need to change that indexing lever and put a little arm to the left that you can catch with your finger to swing the wheel out of the way. Anyway once I saw the 3D printed speed loaders I had to have them. Before I had made magnet mounts to hold my magazines on the right side of the action mounted to the picatinny rail. But now I will be using the speed loaders so I had to come up with another way to mount them. I have the Eagle Vision scope rings which have multiple tapped holes all over the mounts which I utilized one on each mount to attach a 3/4” x 1/8” washer with a flat top screw that is flush with the washer. The speed loader I got did not have a magnet attached so I bought a 1/8” x 3/4” ring magnet and epoxied it to the back. So now in the field I will have two speed loaders instead of magazines . My next mod will be to change the grip. The Houge overmolded AR grip is too small for my hand so my trigger finger is too far forward. I may try to make my own grip when I get the time. I’m sure it will improve my trigger control. 
E755E466-5A95-4300-AD17-D7578B9F845F.1618270567.jpeg
726E89CE-C333-48B4-89D7-37B1596BD3C8.1618270567.jpeg

There are some Videos on this thread on how the speed loaders work. Just like the revolvers. I am shooting slugs as they group a little better than pellets but not that much, but they are loose in the magazine and fall out of the magazine so the magazine holder is not practical with slugs. With the speed loader the red part is a retainer that you turn to block the loaded slugs or pellets from dropping out. It has a built in stop. So you don’t need to remove the magazine from the action, you use the magnet on the speed loader to remove the disk off the end of the magazine , turn the speed loader over and place the red end of the speed loader over the magazine , you turn the black part to open the holes to allow the slugs or pellets to drop into the magazine. That quick. The magnet is there to remove the magazine ring and in my application to also hold it to the gun for quick access. I’m going to make some more speed loaders myself out of some black nylon rod on my vertical mill . I’m not a fanboy of the red. The speedloaders I bought on eBay. Search speed loader for Leshiy 2. 

The cheek pad is a product I make and market with a few other models . This one is my cp-5000 T model but with a longer elastic to fit around the bottle. My line is called Accu-riser cheek pads. Accu-riser.com . I find the extra 1/4” of neoprene gives me a better alignment with the scope and feels nice too. That’s what they are made for. 

Ed is a great guy and a huge influence on all the gun makers. That being said and I myself being a precession machinist my whole life why on earth would you make parts out of steel and nickel plate them instead of let's say 17-4 ph.

This pic is of a gun with 2 weeks of shooting. The one flaking is stock and the other is the titanium one I made today.
IMG_20210414_160453.1618452823.jpg

How much? I'm game for one, as this is unacceptable as well. Mine flaked within the first day of shooting.

Ed is a great guy and a huge influence on all the gun makers. That being said and I myself being a precession machinist my whole life why on earth would you make parts out of steel and nickel plate them instead of let's say 17-4 ph.

This pic is of a gun with 2 weeks of shooting. The one flaking is stock and the other is the titanium one I made today.

How much? I'm game for one, as this is unacceptable as well. Mine flaked within the first day of shooting.

What Derek said. I’d like one too. 

What Derek said. I’d like one too. 

I would love to purchase one also!