• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

EDgun Edgun Leshiy 2

So I have had a lot of calls because of this latest thread...Brian, I need 15 to 20 pistons to keep with me at all times. 😆

1. I have replaced exactly 1 piston in the whole USA

2 yes Ed supplied me with spares

3. I am working with Ed to make a rebuild kit

a. I doubt you'll need it but I will sell them because you guys want them

b. before anyone claims this, the selling of rebuild kits does not mean the piston will fail, it is just because I know you guys want them

4. Ed and his team tested the system well north of 50K rounds without breaking anything, sometimes a slight variance will make it through manufacture but it is not an epidemic 

5 We are super stoked you want spares because it means you all love the gun, which makes all of us happy. It is a real joy to sell guns to you guys, thanks for the support and continued interest. Ed and I are very grateful 

Regards

Brian

Reactions: Cattoo
Question: Does anyone have recommended barrel length to regulator pressure to jets used for various calibers?

My L2 came as a .30 cal 250 mm barrel with one jet of 0.8 (other side plugged) with 130 psi regulator. I would like to increase the ft/s and increase the regulator pressure to 145??? And maybe add a second jet? (Size)??? Using NSA 61.5 grain slugs...

also for the .30 cal 600 mm, what would be recommended? I saw someone use a .2 jet with that barrel?!

any thoughts?

Today my L2's mag indexing mechanism stopped working, first failure to index ever after 9 tins op pellet aka 3600 shots, took the valve housing down after watching Brian's brilliant howto video, big thank you to Brian!

Found this inside, small parts from the plunger (part 17) that had disintegrated from banging against the top of the radio tower (part 18) and got stuck between the housing and the racket (part 19), stopping the racket to rotate and index the mag

Leshiy 2 - radiotower fail.1617301753.JPG

Other wise the parts look OK, the plunger is now a bit shorter but I don't think it will make any difference if it bottoms out on the spring instead, I guess the bright spot inside the radio tower if from the plunger hammering the inside top

leshiy 2 - radiotower bump.1617302043.JPG

leshiy 2 - index mechanism 1.1617302057.JPG

Anyway, cleaned parts, added a bit of silicone oil and put it al together again, its all so easy to work with

..will order a new plunger, but the indexing works perfect again

How fast did Leshy work? FPS.

Question: Does anyone have recommended barrel length to regulator pressure to jets used for various calibers?

My L2 came as a .30 cal 250 mm barrel with one jet of 0.8 (other side plugged) with 130 psi regulator. I would like to increase the ft/s and increase the regulator pressure to 145??? And maybe add a second jet? (Size)??? Using NSA 61.5 grain slugs...

also for the .30 cal 600 mm, what would be recommended? I saw someone use a .2 jet with that barrel?!

any thoughts?

Do you have a set of the nozzles? You might just have to do the testing on the .30 250mm barrel. Take FPS of projectile with the 0.8mm nozzle. Then go down 0.1mm one nozzle at a time. Tune it like you are a hammer spring at this point - increase dwell until fps starts to drop of and then go back to the next size up nozzle.

For the 600mm .30 barrel you will need to go with a 0.2mm and a blocked nozzle. That's what I am running for the 450mm barrel, so I think you'd probably get more power if you could go down a little smaller than 0.2mm, but that the smallest available.

Today my L2's mag indexing mechanism stopped working, first failure to index ever after 9 tins op pellet aka 3600 shots, took the valve housing down after watching Brian's brilliant howto video, big thank you to Brian!

Found this inside, small parts from the plunger (part 17) that had disintegrated from banging against the top of the radio tower (part 18) and got stuck between the housing and the racket (part 19), stopping the racket to rotate and index the mag

Anyway, cleaned parts, added a bit of silicone oil and put it al together again, its all so easy to work with

How fast did Leshy work? FPS.

The first 7 tin of pellets, 247 m/sec with reg at 130, last 2 tin 263 m/sec with reg at 140 bar - all with JSB Monster redesigned and a 250mm barrel

Shot a couple of hundred pellets since without any problems, and I do think it will keep going, the spring will overtake the headbanging part if the plunger stem collapses (if so, maybe shimming the spring will be required to shorten the stroke)

Took down the radio tower today to inspect the plunger, found more shavings from the upper plunger stem so decided to shorten the stem and let the spring take the blow instead

Stem is 9mm, the spring 7.5mm fully compressed, shorted the stem by 3mm and added a 1.5mm OD 8mm rubber disc

Bet this will keep it going forever, I will of cause order a spare one just in case

Leshiy 2 - fixer upper.1617981621.JPG