• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

EDgun Edgun Leshiy 2

I just converted mine over from .22 to .30 Tuesday. Same exact as your setup except different scope. Its much easier to change the longer latching pin when the "Forward Plug" assembly is off the plenum or "Spacer" in the drawings. You can use the back side of a thin drill bit to drive it out from the Magazine side.

Thats awesome that the caliber can be switched out. Was it easy to do, if so how long did it take you? I hope EDgun West covers it in a YT video one day. Would love to go from a .22 to a .25, maybe even .30.

It takes about 5 minutes, quicker depending on your moderator set up.

That's weird, I changed mine out, and it is still not able to lock. Same setup, 300cc bottle and carbon handguard. 

The pin comes in two different lengths. One is for the aluminum forearms and another longer one for the CF forearm. What is hitting when you fold the gun all the way? If the bottle is hitting then you have to degas and rotate the butt so the bottles clears, then regas. If the top tube is hitting your forearm and it doesn’t lock then I’d give Brian a call for a longer pin.

I didn’t need to change out the pin for my Leshiy 2. I went with a much easier approach. There are 2 8x10x1mm washer (#6) on both side of the latch already so I added another washer next to #6 as shown to give another .25mm or 1mm depending on which handguard I will be using. Simple fix. I 3D printed the extra washer. 

Steps are as follows; 

1) unscrew #16 but DON’T remove the screw

2) pull out #12

3) add extra washer next to #6 circled in red

4) reassemble #12 and screw back #16 together 

done 

D0BDEC33-E205-4805-9CA6-F6F5CE312F8A.1616734213.jpeg

B217140D-0534-4B5A-97AC-AB1E41330FC5.1616717373.jpeg

E08B6690-5BCC-4869-B177-A1352CBC177A.1616717399.jpeg

edited with step by step instructions 

Reactions: jimy-j
I didn’t need to change out the pin for my Leshiy 2. I went with a much easier approach. There are 2 8x10x1mm washer on both side already so I added another washer on the side as shown to give another .25mm or 1mm depending on which handguard I will be using. Simple fix.

Excellent, I didnt even notice the washer. I plan to do this once the bottle arrives.

Decided to try my hand in taking the latch apart and now don't have a clue on how to put the pin and spring inside of the housing. Spent the last two hours cramming it in there and no bueno when i try to attach the assembly to the gun.

20210325_211121.1616732007.jpg

Decided to try my hand in taking the latch apart and now don't have a clue on how to put the pin and spring inside of the housing. Spent the last two hours cramming it in there and no bueno when i try to attach the assembly to the gun.

20210325_211121.1616732007.jpg

Yes putting it back is pain but there must be a trick to it as I remember Ed doing it whilst talking to the camera, hope he or Brian will share how its done the easy way

I wanted to change the latch (part 13) and took of the lever (part 4)

This is not needed, just remove the barrel, the 3 screws (part 15) and the one under those and gently remove the hinge (part 1), is fixed in place by two pins on the right side of the hinge so gently push the place of the frame, very important to be careful with the pins and pinholes, this is important for indexing the flow of pellet from mag to barrel

Mounting the lever (part 4) back, I started by mounting the rod (part 7) on the spring (part 8) in the lever (part 4), this is a strong spring so no easy to do, slipped the assembly on the tip of the insert (part 3) and pushed it up to reach and slip on the axis (part 12) while holding the frame with my third hand

Then the easy part, mount latch (part 13) in frame, hold down lever (part 4) to index with the latch while gently sliding the hinge (part 1) back on the frame

The bottom line - I don't think it can be done properly without taking of the hinge plate (part 1) first

Leshiy 2 scematic.1616741865.JPG

I didn’t need to change out the pin for my Leshiy 2. I went with a much easier approach. There are 2 8x10x1mm washer (#6) on both side of the latch already so I added another washer next to #6 as shown to give another .25mm or 1mm depending on which handguard I will be using. Simple fix. I 3D printed the extra washer. 

Steps are as follows; 

2) pull out #12

done 

Excellent write up, works like a treat!

Thank you very much!

I have the 11" Carbon Fiber arm guard on my gun now with the MOD40 and pushing the Reg at 160+ in .30 cal. I think the MOD40 is doing a great job as is and would be better if I lowered the Reg for my .22 350mm barrel which I haven't tested yet. The MOD 40 fits in the Carbon fiber guard with just 3mm clearance on each side for M-Loc nuts but you still need to trim the screws on most accessories. The MOD 50 isn't going to fit inside the Carbon Fiber guard so you will be limited to the Aluminum arm guards .I tried the Huma 40 on my 350 and 450 barrels with the aluminum guards and the moderator screws up tight against the front of the arm guard before bottoming out on the barrel threads. Everything aligned up OK but you might scratch the back section of the Moderator if you tighten it up too much. If you use the 1/2" M Eagle Vision adapter the Moderator will clear the end of the aluminum arm guard about 1/2".But you will need to order the 1/2" threaded Moderator . I have decided Im staying with the Carbon Fiber arm guard so I will be selling my 350mm and 450mm Valkyrie ShoPot kits .

Thanks for your input, I ended up ordering a 450mm barrel with the Shorokh/carbon fibre kit. 

For those who are wondering, I emailed Huma Air and they said a 50mm MOD50 moderator will be available "very soon". Which is cool, I think that the L2 looks great with an aluminium handguard and a fat silencer at the end. 

However, I really like the look of the carbon fibre handguard as well. Which is my dilemma... can't decide which one to buy ^^ oh well.

You could always see if the 600mm barrel would extend past the carbon handguard and then you could do both.

I think a 600mm barrel will be a bit too long for my taste. But I'll probably end up getting the aluminium handguard in the future as well, just to see which one looks best 😂

I'll probably end up selling my Impact as well. It's a great rifle and I even have the pump action kit for some fast shooting, but a semi auto is what I always wanted... and I need money for a compressor as well 😓 

Steps are as follows; 

2) pull out #12

done 

D0BDEC33-E205-4805-9CA6-F6F5CE312F8A.1616734213.jpeg

B217140D-0534-4B5A-97AC-AB1E41330FC5.1616717373.jpeg

E08B6690-5BCC-4869-B177-A1352CBC177A.1616717399.jpeg

Guys... do not do this. Just put the pin in. While the washer idea will work, putting the latch pin back together is not a fun day.... as seen above. 

Guys... do not do this. Just put the pin in. While the washer idea will work, putting the latch pin back together is not a fun day.... as seen above.

Curiosity got the best of me, the pin did come out first but I decided to see what was making it stuck and it was the spring and pin holding everything down.

After several more attempts I actually got the housing IN and functioning as it should, now to get the pin in... thats where I spent a solid 30 mins pushing and prodding the pin to go all the way in. If you notice the pin and housing have a triangular shape so it must in that direction. Several more times of trying the housing eventually came off and back to where I started.

Learn from me fellas, do not remove the latch housing, its not a PITA to put back on.

The pin comes in two different lengths. One is for the aluminum forearms and another longer one for the CF forearm. What is hitting when you fold the gun all the way? If the bottle is hitting then you have to degas and rotate the butt so the bottles clears, then regas. If the top tube is hitting your forearm and it doesn’t lock then I’d give Brian a call for a longer pin.

The top tube is hitting, I checked the pins last night, and it looks like they are the same length.

Will have to shoot Brian an email(and order some more stuff haha)

After getting instructions from Brian, I was able to put it back together, key points were to take your time, notice how the housing sits when looking at pictures of the L2, the triangulated pin and housing is canted a bit and will need to be at a certain angle, along with the triangle being lined up with the hole for the locking pin to slide in.

It took me several more tries but I got it to work in about 20 mins after calling Brian. Major key point for me was taking time and noticing how the lever sits at the normal position, that and how the the plastic assembly housing just snaps into place when its everything is seated correctly. I'm never taking that thing apart! LOL 💀

The biggest reason I went with the shim washer mod and not using the longer pin is that I have both carbon fiber handguard and the aluminum handguard and it requires different length locking pin 15.25mm/16mm. Using the longer pin (16mm)on the aluminum handguard can actually scratch the Leshiy main body (#2 on the diagram) when the Leshiy is folded. Because the longer pin is pushing on the body #2 when folded. With the extra shim washer option I can add the shim washer in 2 minutes without needing to degas the air tube. DON’T NEED TO TAKE APART THE LEVER (#4) TO DO THIS MOD. Just unscrew (#16), push on the screw and #12 should slide out on the opposite side add the shim washer on top of the existing washer that is already on the folding catch (#12) and reassemble. I have done this many time cause I’m still trying to decide which handguard to use on my Leshiy 2.

811B8288-15B0-4FF5-AA9F-97B2749C2A93.1616788411.jpeg

91260E06-9861-4059-8812-0787886E516F.1616788384.jpeg