• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

EDgun Edgun Leshiy 2

Here's some quick testing I just did with the .30/350mm barrel. Reg @ 160 bar, 0.2mm / block on the nozzles. 

I just don't see it realistic to get more than 80 fpe out the the 350mm barrel. 

JSB 50.15gr = 78fpe

Leshiy 2 30 Testing - 1.1615999248.jpeg

JSB 44.75 = ~73 fpe

Leshiy 2 30 Testing - 2.1615999249.jpeg

H&N 46.7gr = ~78 fpe

Leshiy 2 30 Testing - 3.1615999249.jpeg

With that kind of power how many shots can you get out of the standard air tube ?? 

I personaly can't see why you would buy a very expensive semi automatic airgun that does" maybe " 8 schots before a refill.

Its becomming super inefficient at that power levels, and accuracy wil defenetly not be at its best.

Don't get me wrong but this is my personal opinion.

.22 at 270ms does the trick for mee, and i love plinking with the little leshiy.

Shooting decent groups even at 100 meters

Your right the larger calibers take a lot more air if you want them to shoot close to 900 FPS with pellets. The carbon fiber bottle helps a lot and is a must for any caliber in my opinion. I was only getting 3 magazines per fill to 300 bar and reg set at 160 bar and .2/ plug in the valve 450mm barrel in .30 caliber with the standard air tube. Now I have the 300cc bottle . I haven’t sat down and shot it down to see what I’m getting at 160 bar but I’m past the three mags just pesting and I have plenty more air left. And it’s a beast. 

Thanks Leatherman. I have both the Huma MOD40 and DFL Shogun. Both are about the same length with 1 baffle section removed from the MOD40. So far, to my ears, the MOD40 is a little quieter than the Shogun but I think the Shogun provides better accuracy. Granted I'm only testing accuracy at 27 yards which is my zero range. I'll try to push out to 50 yards when I have a chance.

Other than EDgun West is there another source for the MOD40 stateside? Specifically if you want to get the an extra section or two? Or does one need to buy direct from Huma?

Sorry for the late response. I'm not sure as to who else sells the MOD40. I bought mine from Brian at EDgun West. I'm waiting for him to have more sections of the MOD40 in stock. For example, I need to get a start piece with 1/2×20 UNF threads so I can use it on my other airguns.

Appreciate the response, that was what I was thinking. Talked with Brian sounds like hes waiting on another shipment anytime now.

Aside from Brian, you can try Jeff at Trenier but he has a limited selection.

I had posted a thread a week or so back about concerns ordering a moderator direct from Huma to the US. I can share that the order, shipping and delivery went without incident. Also I think it got here from the Netherlands in about 3-4 days. Very impressive.

Good to hear your experience on shipping directly from Huma. Has is reduced the bark like said?

Is Brian from EGW here? 

I'm curious if you can order the L2 with the 300 tank already installed and it the price of removing the stock tank and replacing with 300 will lower overall price? Compared to the L2 w/stock tank and 300 tank price.

Sorry bud but It doesn’t work like that. You have to buy the L2 as is. And add what you want after. 

Hopefully they will sell a indexing repair kit that comes with all the small plastic pieces that could fail and are likely causing the issues.

The reasons of indexing problems in the video are set in the order of frequency of appearance. So, quite seldom there is a need in the parts to be replaced. Most likely the dirt on the magazine, plat or the axis. Anyhow almost all my representatives have the spare parts or will have in the nearest future.

https://youtu.be/AqTftqI9kaU

The last issue with the valve bead was interesting. I've had issues with indexing and always suspected the valve jets as it only happened when I changed them. However, I did open up the valve part to see if any dirt had got in and to give the parts a clean. I did notice on mine the bead that the valve stem goes through (as illustrated on the last part of the video) had a raised rough bump like a moulding tag. It may have just been wear if it was rubbing on something inside. Anyway I shaved it off until it was smooth again. No problems since, but could also be due to the suspect valve jets I replaced. 

The last issue with the valve bead was interesting. I've had issues with indexing and always suspected the valve jets as it only happened when I changed them. However, I did open up the valve part to see if any dirt had got in and to give the parts a clean. I did notice on mine the bead that the valve stem goes through (as illustrated on the last part of the video) had a raised rough bump like a moulding tag. It may have just been wear if it was rubbing on something inside. Anyway I shaved it off until it was smooth again. No problems since, but could also be due to the suspect valve jets I replaced.

Also member of this forum, Comtruise had indexing problems, disabled the valve housing and found the sphere (part 14) gone with the wind (no fragments found), replaced it with a short offcut coil and then all worked just fine again - its all down in this string date February 14, 2021

I was having issues with magazine indexing. I have ten mags, and all of them had an occasional "mag under rotation" problem.

Over the past few weeks, I've tried the things that Ed mentions in his video, but my problem persisted.

After studying the operation of the horizontal indexing rotary gear, AND the vertical piston (R2D2), I realized that the spring inside R2D2, on top of the vertical piston, was not strong enough to fully rotate the mag into position about 10% of the time.

So I put a 1/16 thick washer behind the spring inside R2D2 to give it more pressure on the vertical piston. I made sure that the spacer washer would not allow the spring to become coil- bound, when it compresses during its operation.

This completely eliminated my problem. I now have over 100 magazines through the gun since that change, (800+ shots), and not a single rotation problem.

I think my gun just needed a little stronger spring to allow that piston to do its job. I could install a little stronger spring, but
I'll just leave the spacer in mine for now.

I think the issue that my particular L2 was having, must be a tiny percentage of the guns out there, based on the little I've seen reported about it.

Anyway, Im really enjoying this mechanical marvel.

HTH

Scott